Ryan Mantha (Niagara) '96
Aaron Haydon (Niagara) '96
Brett McKenzie (North Bay) '97
Jacob Middleton (Ottawa) '96
Mitchell Stephens (Saginaw) '97
Keaton Middleton (Saginaw) '98
Tye Felhaber (Saginaw) '98
Markus Niemalainen (Saginaw) '98

Could add more names to this as teams start to lose more and selling becomes more of a realistic possibility

2 traded this week

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
The early potential trade candidates list I made is:

Ryan Moore (Flint) '97
Alex Peters (Flint) '96...

Although he would probably provide the biggest return, I don't think Flint would be too excited to move Moore. Their whole offense would go stagnant without him, and he's someone that I think they'd like to have around next year as an OA.

I think they would be much more likely to move Henderson off of the D. The organization is deep at D right now, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them move both Peters and Henderson in order to get more ice time for those guys that will be here next year/two years from now when all the high draft picks they've been collecting are in uniform.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Owen Sound just signed a drafted D man. Nick King. This puts us with 8.

We are likely to trade either
Jacob Friend
Tyler MacArthur

Who needs a capable vet d man?

We are building for next year at this point.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Owen Sound just signed a drafted D man. Nick King. This puts us with 8.

We are likely to trade either
Jacob Friend
Tyler MacArthur

Who needs a capable vet d man?

We are building for next year at this point.

Will friend be back next season?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Hamilton Bulldogs looking to add a defender. They're in the mix for Saginaw's CJ Garcia and Kingston's Stephen Desrocher. #OHL

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Saginaw's Mitch Stephens is being shopped and the asking price is this year's first round selection (from the last draft), another player and multiple seconds. Stephens has 19 points in 17 games. Imagine what a guy such as Bracco (40 pts in 19 games) would go for?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Saginaw's Mitch Stephens is being shopped and the asking price is this year's first round selection (from the last draft), another player and multiple seconds. Stephens has 19 points in 17 games. Imagine what a guy such as Bracco (40 pts in 19 games) would go for?

He's one hell of a player but Im not paying that.... plus which first round is going to waive their NTC to go to Saginaw?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Outside of London & Peteborough and maybe Kitchener; I doubt there are any teams that could afford to pay that price for one player. I really doubt that even a '98 born player can fetch that price this year. My guess is that it will be a buyers market (for 19yr olds)

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Outside of London & Peteborough and maybe Kitchener; I doubt there are any teams that could afford to pay that price for one player. I really doubt that even a '98 born player can fetch that price this year. My guess is that it will be a buyers market (for 19yr olds)

Kitchener really has no extra assets.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
The early potential trade candidates list I made is:

Ryan Moore (Flint) '97
Alex Peters (Flint) '96
Noah Carroll (Guelph) '97
Warren Foegele (Kingston) '96
Lawson Crouse (Kingston) '97
Stephen Desrocher (Kingston) '96
Graham Knott (Niagara) '97
Chris Paquette (Niagara) '98
Ryan Mantha (Niagara) '96
Aaron Haydon (Niagara) '96
Brett McKenzie (North Bay) '97
Jacob Middleton (Ottawa) '96
Mitchell Stephens (Saginaw) '97
Keaton Middleton (Saginaw) '98
Tye Felhaber (Saginaw) '98
Markus Niemalainen (Saginaw) '98

Could add more names to this as teams start to lose more and selling becomes more of a realistic possibility

What would someone like desroacher cost from hamilton point of view?

Mayday3*

What would someone like desroacher cost from hamilton point of view?

Probably 2 2nds, 2 3rds. Not sure what Hamilton's draft pick situation looks like but idk why they'd be spending that much on someone who's gone next year for when they're trying to host

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Wondering what others think...

Teams making moves to make a run; West - Windsor, Erie, London, Soo
East - Oshawa, North Bay, Hamilton

They can't all wait until the deadline.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012

Missi will be making some changes I assume. They have an OA situation when Watson is back in a few weeks. They have to improve goaltending and forward depth

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Only Mississauga can't wait. London, Oshawa & Hamilton don't have to do anything until others make a move and set the prices. North Bay might not make much of a splash. Soo & Erie can only afford what others are unwilling to pay up for.

Mayday3*

Oshawa and Hamilton (and even North Bay to a lesser extent) are geared at next year so if they add anyone it'll likely be a '98 born that'll help them next year too. Hamilton will add 1 more OA but other than that I don't think those teams will be in the rental game

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
I can agree with that for sure, but as the top 3 teams in the East as it is now, by making a bold move or two can put them in the drivers seat to represent the East in the OHL final. The playoff run itself for an Eastern team getting to the finals against a strong Western team will help the cause moving forward to next year and the year after.
One would think for sure that London, Erie and Windsor will be the most active, thinking they can all WIN.

Mayday3*

I can agree with that for sure, but as the top 3 teams in the East as it is now, by making a bold move or two can put them in the drivers seat to represent the East in the OHL final. The playoff run itself for an Eastern team getting to the finals against a strong Western team will help the cause moving forward to next year and the year after.
One would think for sure that London, Erie and Windsor will be the most active, thinking they can all WIN.

The dark house in the East should be Peterborough. They have 200 draft picks and have announced they're very close to bankruptcy. Is it not the time to finally use those picks and make yourself the best team in the East then? Finally put some butts in the seats. No idea what they're waiting for

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
The dark house in the East should be Peterborough. They have 200 draft picks and have announced they're very close to bankruptcy. Is it not the time to finally use those picks and make yourself the best team in the East then? Finally put some butts in the seats. No idea what they're waiting for

Would you mind sending this exact post to Mike Oke?

Thanks. ;)

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario

I'm sure they could find a new owner or have someone buy the team and move it... either way if u don't have the right scouting staff how can u turn those picks into great players

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'm sure they could find a new owner or have someone buy the team and move it... either way if u don't have the right scouting staff how can u turn those picks into great players

Maybe, Oke played it smart or got lucky. The Petes have enough good vets, early drafted young players and picks to take a run at a weak east and remain competitive with a full compliment of picks going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad