Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

giphy.gif

Reactions: Exit Dose

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Ducks Look Back on Season on Exit Interview Day at Honda Center
With the NHL evolving into more of an up-tempo style, Carlyle says his club made the necessary adjustments, but consistency continued to be an issue. "There are some changes that have taken place," he said to reporters. "There are more mobile expectations from a lot of people on the ice now. We just went through a series and we're watching the other series, and we know the tempo is going in that direction. It's almost pong at times, where the puck is just thrown out and people are trying to get underneath the puck. It's a run-and-gun type of offense versus puck possession.

Carlyle has observed the game. We're saved.

Did they now?

And the 2nd bolded piece unequivocally displays that RC actually doesn't know what he's talking about. Playing fast is all about puck possession just not his kind of puck possession of "get it deep and grind, grind, grind."

Reactions: AngelDuck

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
This is worse than I thought, almost pure lip service. It’s time to get Murray out of there, they almost sound like they have to save their jobs. No way can they make Carlyle in the type of coach that can run 4 lines and play a speedster type game, he is a Grinder through and through.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Playing quicker is not the same as totally forgoing dump and chase. The number of times the Ducks stood around and slowly moved the puck in the offensive zone was frustrating. They have players who just can't get up and down the ice for a run and gun attack. They are just going to have to modify their current system to quicker passing and more rapid movement of the players without the puck. Is it going to happen with RC? Probably not, but we shall see.

They probably need a complete new fourth line if Grant wants $1.5 - 2.0 million per year. I would be happy with him for two years @ up to $1 million per year. No one else on the current fourth line is worth bringing back in my opinion. At least get some younger players who may be able to move up lines in the future as they gain experience. They may make mistakes, but that is how they learn, and that is how the future in a cost controlled environment is built. Signing over the hill 35 and older players is a recipe for losing.

Hopefully the Ducks can have younger players on the fourth line with more speed and some ability to put the puck in the net, and hopefully RC is willing to play them 10 minutes or so a game. As others have said, playing the fourth line 6 - 8 minutes a game, or occasionally 2 -4 minutes this season, is not good.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
What the hell is this all about? Just want to collect their 9 million a year and have no accountability. Sounds solid.

I imagine them walking into the exit interview with BM and RC and it looking like this.

c29.jpg

Then when BM says RC is coming back they storm out and skip talking to the media.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i could see RC getting fired early next season just like he was the first time around

1st round exit.......team comes out playing like garbage to start the next season off......RC fired

i wouldn't be surprised if the players started tuning him out again just like they did during the end of his first tenure. yet BM will cling desperately to the injuries excuse just to he can bring his friend back

pathetic

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Kevin Bieksa said he was “disappointed” to not play much in the postseason and said it turned out to be not a “good-looking move.” He was not happy and with contract expiring, safe to say he won’t be back
— Mike Coppinger (@MikeCoppinger) April 21, 2018

Thats a relief

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Then how about they man up and cause some commotion around here? Stir the pot and help get some real changes?

I thought that along with Murray’s comments about we have some guys who have never been good skaters and we need to get faster was more a sign that they may not be here next year. Getzlaf has never not faced the media before after a playoff loss.

Anyway in Getzlafs case I hope I’m wrong, trading him would be assinaine. I certainly would welcome Perry being moved however even if he was great for us once upon a time.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
You're not moving Perry without 75% retention. Not buying him out without it penalizing you for like a decade. Might as well just ride that one out the next 3 seasons IMO

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
75% retention on Perry isn’t even allowable. He’s movable, barely.

No exit interview for Perry or Getz? Good. No BS they always give us

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I thought that along with Murray’s comments about we have some guys who have never been good skaters and we need to get faster was more a sign that they may not be here next year. Getzlaf has never not faced the media before after a playoff loss.

Anyway in Getzlafs case I hope I’m wrong, trading him would be assinaine. I certainly would welcome Perry being moved however even if he was great for us once upon a time.

Ducks fans would collectively vomit uncontrollably if Getz was traded.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I agree I’d like Getz back, but I’m just fed up with nobody ever speaking up given all the failures of the previous years.

Bobs belief that RC can become something he never was reeks of the same square peg, round hole management style used by RC. I’m reminded of the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Reactions: Paul4587

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Murray bringing some heat on Perry.. but.. what if you aren’t fast? How can you buy into speed?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Sounds like they’re going to bring in a stupid run and gun type system where they expect everybody to be dumping the puck and skating their balls off to retrieve it non stop. Murray is such a copy cat GM he’s going to add a low skill speedster or two up front and think he’s done enough.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
That quote gets me so mad. Trying to fit round pegs into square holes. The parts do not equal the sum, Murray this is on you. There’s no vision and it’s so obvious that he shoots from the hip and looks for the flavor of the year. We tried to go speed.. then heavy when LAK went through the cup and 2015, now we’re back to speed. No vision and no identity. Good teams impose THEIR will onto other teams - not try to play catch up after you get smoked in a playoff series.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
I will watch a couple games in the middle of the year to see if the system actually looks different. The top line is what it is, and it's actually fine as long as defensemen are allowed to pinch up to the slots. Forcing the Henrique line to grind was the real big question mark. Different lines are allowed to have different styles, Rico can skate, and using Kase as a human speed bag in the corners makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad