Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Konopka is on waivers. Great 4th line center, can PK, win faceoffs, and stick up for teammates.

Loved him in Syracuse. The guy is INTENSE and hates to lose.

I can dream though:cry:

RedWingsNow*

Konopka is on waivers. Great 4th line center, can PK, win faceoffs, and stick up for teammates.

Loved him in Syracuse. The guy is INTENSE and hates to lose.

I can dream though:cry:

Sticks up for teammates? Babs will never play him

RedWingsForPresident

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
Michael Del Zotto

There are rumors floating around that the NYR and Del Zotto both want to find a suitable trade for him. Anyone think he could/would be a good fit with Detroit?

What do you think Detroit would have to give up to land him?

DB0SS

Aug 26, 2012
Canada, eh?
I'd love to see him in Detroit. Even though he's struggling, he'd be an upgrade over Quincey. He could probably return to form too under Babcock.

:wings
Del Zotto

:rangers
Adam Almquist
Patrick Eaves
3rd Round Pick 2014 draft

I think realistically this would be a trade that would go through, as Almquist has turned into a good B level prospect, Eaves is a solid bottom 6 PKer, and the 3rd round pick could bring back another okay prospect.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I'd love to see him in Detroit. Even though he's struggling, he'd be an upgrade over Quincey. He could probably return to form too under Babcock.

Del Zotto

Adam Almquist
Patrick Eaves

I think realistically this would be a trade that would go through, as Almquist has turned into a good B level prospect, Eaves is a solid bottom 6 PKer, and the 3rd round pick could bring back another okay prospect.

1. I don't think that will work Cap wise
2. If that's all NYR wanted he would've been traded while ago to other teams.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If we add a guy from the outside I have to think it'll be a veteran. Someone steady for Smith to play with would be nice.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Rather shoot for Giradi or someone like Campbell. We have too many young defensmen right now, we could use a veteran who knows what theyre doing.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
MDZ is a lot like Keith Yandle, he is an ideal second pairing and PP unit guy that comes with serious defensive limitations. He needs the ice-time and when he has actually got top 4 minutes on the left (when Staal has been out) he has been okay. But he cannot play the right side at all, so know that going in.

One of Tatar or Nyquist would have to be going. Depending on salary demands we could do something like Tatar and Kindl for him and some other piece off New York either prospect or pick or something else.

Kindl is the third pairing PP guy they would kind of want in return in terms of their D and he has a friendly contract. But they need winger help, I think MDZ still returns something pretty nice like this package even if it requires the Rangers throwing in another piece. For me that is a little rich, but likely the kind of package we are talking about. Start thinking about the second realistic piece you want from the Rangers if you're still into this deal, realize most will bail big time at that point.

Maybe Tatar and Almqvist gets it done, or Tatar and Lashoff with a cap dump.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

Del Zotto

Adam Almquist
Patrick Eaves

I think people avoid suggesting trades like this because everyone tears trades apart without offering alternatives.

Honestly I don't think Almquist ever makes the NHL, thus making him "worthless in a trade"
Patrick Eaves is a 4th liner, replaceable by FA.

Overall this trade provides almost nothing to the NYR and thus no incentive from their side to do the deal.

Realistically we would be looking at:

Ouellet for MDZ.
or Sproul for MDZ.

Sproul is mostly the same guy, nice offence, bad defence. Only MDZ is more established so i think an offer that WOULD BE ACCEPTED by NYR MAYBE is:

Sproul
2014 5th round pick

MDZ

And honestly… I would probably just say no to that myself and roll the dice on sproul. But if you think MDZ can be a little bit like kevin shattenkirk and has more upside than sproul… Then we would do the deal… But how many feel that way??

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Would not trade Sproul, he has a lot of developing left to do, but you shouldn't trade a guy with his potential, especially with his right-handed shot.

I guess if you're going out to get MDZ maybe that is the end for Smith though, who I am sure would interest NYR, because he can play both the left and right unlike MDZ.

It depends on just how much they like MDZ, he would be your second pairing LD for a long time if you pull this move. Kronwall and Ericsson seem to be here for at least 5+ more years. DeKeyser seems likely to stick around.

If they went after MDZ that would mean they have a ton of faith in him.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Would not trade Sproul, he has a lot of developing left to do, but you shouldn't trade a guy with his potential, especially with his right-handed shot.

I guess if you're going out to get MDZ maybe that is the end for Smith though, who I am sure would interest NYR, because he can play both the left and right unlike MDZ.

It depends on just how much they like MDZ, he would be your second pairing LD for a long time if you pull this move. Kronwall and Ericsson seem to be here for at least 5+ more years. DeKeyser seems likely to stick around.

If they went after MDZ that would mean they have a ton of faith in him.

What would you guys all think of this:

B. Smith

M. Del Zotto

?? That is probably a "fair" swap considering their stats… +/- a late draft pick maybe (for whomever)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What would you guys all think of this:

B. Smith

M. Del Zotto

?? That is probably a "fair" swap considering their stats… +/- a late draft pick maybe (for whomever)

We probably need to offer more than Smith. My guess is for us to get MDZ, Tatar is going the other way, then we add something. MDZ is a 23 year old PMD that has some value, he has played very well at times in this league, especially when he can get top 4 minutes on the left side.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
We probably need to offer more than Smith. My guess is for us to get MDZ, Tatar is going the other way, then we add something. MDZ is a 23 year old PMD that has some value, he has played very well at times in this league, especially when he can get top 4 minutes on the left side.

MDZ is carreer 0.41 PPG. Relooking a little closer at his stats, I would have to agree. I have underestimated his value. B. Smith is 0.3 PPG

But MDZ has 282 GP; B. Smith has 80.

I think honestly we add to get MDZ, but I don't think it has be someone as high value as Tatar.

Maybe

B. Smith
Pulkinnen

M. Del Zotto

This might be better for Value.

But again, I am just not that impressed with MDZ to want him that bad.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
MDZ is carreer 0.41 PPG. Relooking a little closer at his stats, I would have to agree. I have underestimated his value. B. Smith is 0.3 PPG

But MDZ has 282 GP; B. Smith has 80.

I think honestly we add to get MDZ, but I don't think it has be someone as high value as Tatar.

Maybe

B. Smith
Pulkinnen

M. Del Zotto

This might be better for Value.

But again, I am just not that impressed with MDZ to want him that bad.

We add to Smith but the point was they don't call asking for him. We call and ask what do you want for him and they likely respond with we will start with one of Nyquist or Tatar as the base work for the deal. They are going to want one of the younger scoring wingers or a right-handed D-man of which we have none we should be parting with.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Any interest in dealing two of your young forwards (Mantha, Nyquist or Sheahan) for Alex Edler?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Any interest in dealing two of your young forwards (Mantha, Nyquist or Sheahan) for Alex Edler?

this has been discussed quite a lot.

mantha no, jurco no, nyquist maybe, and basically everyone else is yes.

wings fans don't usually want to give enough in these discussions and canucks fans want too much.

wings probably could give nyquist/tatar, sheahan or similar prospect, roster player and pick (from value perspective).

canucks fans have said quite many times that they want similar forward in ability for edler back; that is legit first liner and it makes sense from VAN perspective.

iirc nyquist, järnkrok, smith and 1st was the price at the draft. doubt gillis would sell lower than that.

wings can't really afford to give up on any top 6 F's with all the injuries now imo. which would mean no deal. maybe closer to deadline, or offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad