Rumor: Possible new away jersey next year

rbkhockey29

May 3, 2007
Maryland
The red jersey was a perfect alt. jersey back in the late 90's. It complimented the white home and black road jerseys very well. After all, it was an "alt" jersey, something derived from the teams logo, but not the same and only worn a few times a year. But times have changed and its all about the "bling" if you will, with all these third jerseys, throwback jerseys etc etc etc

IMO the black road jerseys before 1999/00 were the best jerseys the team had. It was simple and looked tough being mostly all black, with the black pants,black socks and black helmet.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Before I go, I should point out I've heard rumblings about the possibility of the OTTAWA SENATORS replacing their white road jersey. That could be baseless, but so could a lot of the aforementioned rumors. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

Ok, so basically they can be either right or wrong and still claim "you heard it here first". Typical crap hockey rumours that leaves you having gained nothing and lost time reading it...kind of like Al Strachan.

Smitty114

Mar 4, 2011
I always thought they should take the new 2d logo and get rid of the shield. so it looks something like

TooLow494

Mar 29, 2010
KrisLutes-OTT.png

would love to see these jerseys:
found this on Google: searched Ottawa Senators jersey concepts

so our black heritage, this white one and a nice red one (not the one pictured)
the shoulder patches should be our current logo and we roll with the O for the home and away

also i dont like the opposite coloured name bars. i think if we can incorperate these jerseys in the same model we can keep it for years to come ala chicago...

Last edited:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
KrisLutes-OTT.png

would love to see these jerseys:
found this on Google: searched Ottawa Senators jersey concepts

so our black heritage, this white one and a nice red one (not the one pictured)
the shoulder patches should be our current logo and we roll with the O for the home and away

also i dont like the opposite coloured name bars. i think if we can incorperate these jerseys in the same model we can keep it for years to come ala chicago...

:bow:

although I would use the "shoulder logo" as the main logo on the third

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
I do not like that red concept jersey but I absolutely love the vintage white, not sure on the black nameplate though also I think the shield patches would fit that jersey better.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I do not like that red concept jersey but I absolutely love the vintage white, not sure on the black nameplate though also I think the shield patches would fit that jersey better.
See, I'm the opposite. I detest the vintige white beige. Our heritige jersey would look much better with a brilliant white over the beige.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
See, I'm the opposite. I detest the vintige white beige. Our heritige jersey would look much better with a brilliant white over the beige.

It'd look better if it was full barberpole with the vintage beige. I was kind of hoping for something like what Bingo wore for our heritage, to be honest.
110223_bass.jpg

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I guess I'm the minority. So be it, but I'll stand by this comment: The vintage white will get old very fast.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
The SENS came back in this league wearing Black & White, just like the original Rough Riders Football Team!

Look what happened to the Rough Riders when they went with Red & Gold uniforms!

Poof, they are history!!!!!

It's true we have lost our Identity with soooooo many jersey & logo changes, it's time to go back and honour the original, and lose the red jerseys, and childish 3D kiddie crest!

BACK IN BLACK, red sucks!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The SENS came back in this league wearing Black & White, just like the original Rough Riders Football Team!

Look what happened to the Rough Riders when they went with Red & Gold uniforms!

Poof, they are history!!!!!

It's true we have lost our Identity with soooooo many jersey & logo changes, it's time to go back and honour the original, and lose the red jerseys, and childish 3D kiddie crest!

BACK IN BLACK, red sucks!

It was absolutely the jersey colours, you're so right. The Rough Riders' fate had nothing to do with an awful on-field product, owners who didn't know what they were doing or a slowly deteriorating home field. No sir. It was because they switched to red in their uniforms.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
I guess I'm the minority. So be it, but I'll stand by this comment: The vintage white will get old very fast.

Isn't that the point? :sarcasm:

I don't know though. I think white jerseys are pretty lame in general, compared to their coloured counterparts. Beige jerseys are a nice compromise - you get the white jersey that you apparently need to have, but it's a little more interesting than just plain white.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
It was absolutely the jersey colours, you're so right. The Rough Riders' fate had nothing to do with an awful on-field product, owners who didn't know what they were doing or a slowly deteriorating home field. No sir. It was because they switched to red in their uniforms.

Yes, yes, correlation does not equal causation. It's still fun to have ridiculous facts/coincidences to back up an agenda that you're trying to push.

For example, we've never won a playoff round without a Slovak on the roster. Ergo, we need to sign a couple of Slovaks! :D

TooLow494

Mar 29, 2010
How about this for a third to go with that set

xVE2L.jpg

YES! alot better than what i found on google, everything is good except for the namebar...

if we can have this one along with a white jersey we will get to the point i was trying to make before where like chicago we will create our own unique jersey that will live on for a while.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4