Rumor: Possible new away jersey next year

Husky

Feb 3, 2006
Ottawa
Need to do what the Blue Jays did with the "logo for life" campaign when they decided to get rid of RoboJay.

Ottawa must reincarnate the mid-2000s white jerseys with black sleeves and the old 2D logo as the permanent road sweater, then either promote the heritage jersey to full time home jersey or go back to the 2D black jersey. Classic and recognizable, much better look.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Am I the only one here that absolutely HATES the "new 2D logo"?

I think it's the worst logo the club has ever had, IMO. Glad it's never found it's way on to a uniform, hope it stays that way.

Yeah I have to agree with you.

Jerk Store*

Our three jerseys are fine as they are right now

No they're not. In a poll conducted by Icethetics, we finished near the very bottom, the SNES one being the second lowest I think. And that's half a million voters...

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I think our jerseys are too simple but I don't mind the logo. In fact, I like it more than our old ones.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
No they're not. In a poll conducted by Icethetics, we finished near the very bottom, the SNES one being the second lowest I think. And that's half a million voters...

If only we knew someone with a history of designing jerseys and has worked with the organization in the past.....hmmm maybe this savior could design a new one for us.......if only.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

It's not surprising....

The best jerseys are timeless, like you said. Our home and aways are faarrrr from timeless. Old ones were pretty good though.

It's often a good sign when outside fans just say "meh" to your new jerseys...probably means it'll be "meh" in 5 years, "meh" in 20 years, and maybe even "meh" beyond.

There's nothing special about the best jerseys in the league...except that they've been around forever and have barely changed.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR

Yeah, no kidding. Our home and away ones are just sort of bland, and that SNES... thing... was just offensive.

Try to use your influence to get the heritage jersey promoted to home, and then design a white version for the road. Please? :D

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!

I think it's the worst logo the club has ever had, IMO. Glad it's never found it's way on to a uniform, hope it stays that way.

I feel the same...

As long as we keep the heritage jersey though, I'm ok :)

AlfieIsOurKing

Jumping Folignos!
Oct 29, 2011
Canada
Yeah, I really liked the '07 Reds and I like the new 2D logo. Although, the reds are more of a nostalgia thing and I don't think I want them back. They'd look...odd.

The 07 black jerseys though, minus that logo on it...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I quite like our current regular home/away jerseys. I understand they're a bit plain, but I don't mind them. At least our home jerseys don't make my eyes bleed anymore!
I can see why people don't like them very much, I don't understand why so many people seem to outright hate them though...

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I absolutely agree with everything you said. Hopefully when the team does decide it is time for new uniforms that they will bring you in again. Our current home and away jerseys are Reebok Edge cookie cutter designs that are the same as Pittsburgh's home and away as well as Tampa's old home and away jerseys.

I think a few adjustments to our old profile logo would be my ideal choice as well, the new profile logo feels a bit too circular for my liking.

289vtw8.jpg

I didn't make the image above. I saved it because I liked the "uniform crest" logo, I don't think it is perfect but I do think it is a step in the right direction.

I really like that logo. It's classic but with a modern touch, me likey. Someone come with a nice jersey design and let's get this to the front-office. Pronto! :sarcasm:

MatthewT

Mar 29, 2008

Yea but we have got rid of the SNES since, our home/road along with our heritage are a fine set of jerseys

pdog1979

Aug 20, 2007

I actually quite like it. Much better balance than the old 2D or current 3D. Plus, it's a circle - kinda like an 'O'!

I'm in favour of going back to the classic piping of our old white uni. Could look good with the new 2D logo... As an alternative, I think a white version of the heritage jersey could be pretty sick.

For a new home uni, I don't think there's any chance it won't be primarily red. For better or worse (Scotiabank), red has become our primary colour... I wonder how the new 3D logo would look on our old red 'toga' uni.

Speaking of Scotiabank - about time to launch a 'Let's call it Scotiabank Palladium' campaign, no? Kinda like TD did with the Garden in Boston?

pdog1979

Aug 20, 2007
I quite like our current regular home/away jerseys. I understand they're a bit plain, but I don't mind them. At least our home jerseys don't make my eyes bleed anymore!
I can see why people don't like them very much, I don't understand why so many people seem to outright hate them though...

The reds are decent. The whites are just bad. Look so bland and boring on TV. Zero personality.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I actually quite like it. Much better balance than the old 2D or current 3D. Plus, it's a circle - kinda like an 'O'!

I'm in favour of going back to the classic piping of our old white uni. Could look good with the new 2D logo... As an alternative, I think a white version of the heritage jersey could be pretty sick.

For a new home uni, I don't think there's any chance it won't be primarily red. For better or worse (Scotiabank), red has become our primary colour... I wonder how the new 3D logo would look on our old red 'toga' uni.

Speaking of Scotiabank - about time to launch a 'Let's call it Scotiabank Palladium' campaign, no? Kinda like TD did with the Garden in Boston?

I have been saying this for years! I agree with you. Make a petition and I will sign it.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
The reds are decent. The whites are just bad. Look so bland and boring on TV. Zero personality.

I consider both just incredibly bland and a sad attempt by Reebok to market their own style of "modernized" jersey.

I would prefer the team go back to something traditional like most teams have started to do.

As for jersey sales, why is it that teams like the Canadiens, Leafs, Wings and Hawks continue to lead in overall jersey sales? Timeless jerseys sell. Gimmicked abortions like the SNES jersey sell at first that fade into oblivion.

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
This team needs all the revenue streams it can get. I'm good with them switching the jerseys every 4 weeks if it helps to keep the team in town ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad