Rumor: Possible new away jersey next year

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Icethetics posted their NHL JerseyWatch 2012: Rumor Edition and at the bottom of the blog they reported this,
Before I go, I should point out I've heard rumblings about the possibility of the OTTAWA SENATORS replacing their white road jersey. That could be baseless, but so could a lot of the aforementioned rumors. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

If it turns out to be true I wonder if the jersey will use the unused 2D logo that has appeared on a few pieces of merchandise.

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.gif

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Somebody on the main page came up with these concepts...

ih5y-1k-b53b.png

I really like the road white...Im ok with the black home but Not a fan of the Red alternate...

Jerk Store*

I dont see it happening. I would, however, revisit both the home and away, go back to the old profile logo (with a few minor adjustments, but nothing drastic like the new unused profile logo) and make a few tweaks on the uniforms, but base it on the old white and the old black jerseys... They weren't far from being a classic, timeless uniform.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
Just stop changing jerseys...stick with these for a while...a long while...

It's hard to form an identity...especially on the road when you see 5 different style of jerseys...

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa

It's hard to form an identity...especially on the road when you see 5 different style of jerseys...

It's harder to make money if you keep the same jerseys too

FlapjackSilver

Dec 15, 2010
Calgary

Not necessarily. The club has managed to stay with generally the same colour scheme, and for the most part you could argue the logo just got a face lift. (get it? ;))

Any self-respecting NHL fan shouldn't have an issue figuring out what the Ottawa Senators looked like 5-10 years ago.

Personally, I'd be happy to usher these jerseys (excluding heritage) out the door. I think awkward is the best way to describe them.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Icethetics posted their NHL JerseyWatch 2012: Rumor Edition and at the bottom of the blog they reported this,

If it turns out to be true I wonder if the jersey will use the unused 2D logo that has appeared on a few pieces of merchandise.

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.gif

Perhaps they go with the Heritage Jersey as the full-time home jersey, and then create a road alternative? For the first bit the team was black/white before the red third came in.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Am I the only one here that absolutely HATES the "new 2D logo"?

I think it's the worst logo the club has ever had, IMO. Glad it's never found it's way on to a uniform, hope it stays that way.

Jerk Store*

I think it's the worst logo the club has ever had, IMO. Glad it's never found it's way on to a uniform, hope it stays that way.

I share your feeling, but prefer it over the 3-D which is just an awkward shape. Those old white unis, oh boy... Miss those badly

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
I dont see it happening. I would, however, revisit both the home and away, go back to the old profile logo (with a few minor adjustments, but nothing drastic like the new unused profile logo) and make a few tweaks on the uniforms, but base it on the old white and the old black jerseys... They weren't far from being a classic, timeless uniform.

I absolutely agree with everything you said. Hopefully when the team does decide it is time for new uniforms that they will bring you in again. Our current home and away jerseys are Reebok Edge cookie cutter designs that are the same as Pittsburgh's home and away as well as Tampa's old home and away jerseys.

I think a few adjustments to our old profile logo would be my ideal choice as well, the new profile logo feels a bit too circular for my liking.

289vtw8.jpg

I didn't make the image above. I saved it because I liked the "uniform crest" logo, I don't think it is perfect but I do think it is a step in the right direction.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa

No you aren't, I agree 100%...hate it. Worse than current 3D and worse than old 2D.

I do hope they go back to the old whites with the old 2D logo if the rumour of a change is correct.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
If we were to change again I would like to go with a classic/timeless look similar to the blackhawks....Old 2-D logo or a version close to it...with our 3rd's being black Im not sure how I would feel about a black home jersey??

I definately like the lace up collar and simiple striping...

Last edited:

Jerk Store*

I absolutely agree with everything you said. Hopefully when the team does decide it is time for new uniforms that they will bring you in again. Our current home and away jerseys are Reebok Edge cookie cutter designs that are the same as Pittsburgh's home and away as well as Tampa's old home and away jerseys.

I think a few adjustments to our old profile logo would be my ideal choice as well, the new profile logo feels a bit too circular for my liking.

289vtw8.jpg

I didn't make the image above. I saved it because I liked the "uniform crest" logo, I don't think it is perfect but I do think it is a step in the right direction.

Yup, whoever did that had the right idea. Not a fan of the wordmark or shoulder patch, but the logo is definetly going in the right direction. Subtle changes. At the prototype phase I would experiment with slight modifications to the striping, just a few ideas I've had for a while, but we would be in the upper echelons of the NHL in terms of uniforms. Something that the fanbase can grow with and be proud to wear.

Tremblay31

Jun 18, 2011
Germany
Please dont switch the jersey :shakehead

I can not understand that so many people have the old 2d logo back,

It looks like we're in the 90's :puppy:

I like the 3d logo, it looks modern :)

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Keep in mind, next year we are still in our 20th anniversary celebration. (kind of funny our logo is based off a roman and we are the only team that didnt use XX to show 20th anniversary. oh well side note)

I think we will use our original white jerseys as our road jerseys.

i dont think our white jerseys sell very well. ( I am sure someone that works in a sens store can confirm or deny this.)

Road - original white
Home - Red jersey
Third - Heritage

or

Road - original white
Home - Heritage

I am happy with the second option :)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
i dont think our white jerseys sell very well. ( I am sure someone that works in a sens store can confirm or deny this.)

As someone with retail experience in a hockey shop, I can tell you that white jerseys in general don't sell well. It's not a Senators-only thing. White jerseys are terrible sellers.

Most common excuse I heard from customers was that people shelling out $130+ for a jersey don't like the idea of white showing every little mark and stain. You get a much longer "life" out of darker jerseys.

Home "color" jerseys outsell away "whites" by a stunning margin, with only a few exceptions (the Leafs old white 3rd jersey sold well, that's the only one that comes to mind right now).

Jerk Store*

As someone with retail experience in a hockey shop, I can tell you that white jerseys in general don't sell well. It's not a Senators-only thing. White jerseys are terrible sellers.

Most common excuse I heard from customers was that people shelling out $130+ for a jersey don't like the idea of white showing every little mark and stain. You get a much longer "life" out of darker jerseys.

Home "color" jerseys outsell away "whites" by a stunning margin, with only a few exceptions (the Leafs old white 3rd jersey sold well, that's the only one that comes to mind right now).

My guess is if the old white jersey returns, it would outsell the red easily.

Still, my preference for a consistent set of uniform is:

Away: Old white
Home: Old black (daigle era)
Alternate : Heritage

While I'm obviously fond of the Heritage, I like the modern history of the team also and feel it should remain the predominant look. Not the way it is now though, hehe. My 2 cents.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR

My white Olympiques jersey has a bunch of red crap on the back. I'm 99% certain that it's paint from the seats at the Bob. :laugh:

I bet the white Rangers jersey also sells well. Other than that, I can't think of any that might sell anywhere near as well as the other jerseys.

Boisbriand is the only team that I can think of where I actually like the white one better in any of the leagues that I follow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->