Poll: Would you support still Sens financially (buying tickets) if Karlsson leaves because Melnyk ?

Would you still support Sens if Karlsson leaves as direct result of Melnyk & his cheapness ?

• Yes

Votes: 50 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 64 56.1%

• Total voters

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Some of the posters on Sens Chirp site yesterday were also saying the team had been sold-but they said it was either Desmarais or Laliberte -or both -with some construction company and Alfie.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm skeptical to believe it was Jeff Hunt. The team is worth $420M according to Forbes. Does he really have that kind of money and then enough to take on potential financial losses?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
EM doesnt have the cash ,to facilitate a huge development project...Its what i said months ago....

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
I don't think I can pick either answer to this poll. It would depend. If we lost Karlsson to free agency because Melnyk didn't want to pay him, I'd probably just stop watching NHL hockey at all for a couple seasons. If we lost him to a trade because he didn't want to stay on a team that belongs to Melnyk and Dorion moved him to get what he could, I guess I'd get over it. I'd be disappointed, but I'd get over it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Did it ever occur to you, that there is no "potential sale"?

Is it possible that the Sens owner is not a liar, and told the truth when he clearly stated that he had no intention to sell the team, when asked during the Lebreton Flats bidder selection process when someone floated the idea that he would sell his team to the other bidders if he lost the right to develop Lebreton Flats?

...?

To the bold, in the immortal words of Alfredssson, "Probably not." Melnyk has proven in the past he's willing to be deceitful when it suits his interest.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
I've heard from a source on the legal side for the city that Melnyk was out on Lebreton and another group (source thinks Laliberte/desmarais) we're coming in to finance it. What that means for the proposal, who knows, and she only mentioned Lebreton, nothing about the Sens.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Sounds like it's a done deal (Rumour)

That would make sense why MELNYK hasn't come out complaining about the team lately

Also maybe why Dorion has been so quiet. Something is strange when two guys who love the sound of their own voices have remained silent for so long. New ownership would probably mean the end for Dorion.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Also maybe why Dorion has been so quiet. Something is strange when two guys who love the sound of their own voices have remained silent for so long. New ownership would probably mean the end for Dorion.

Seems way to good to be true especially considering the timing imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad