Poll: Would you support still Sens financially (buying tickets) if Karlsson leaves because Melnyk ?

Would you still support Sens if Karlsson leaves as direct result of Melnyk & his cheapness ?

• Yes

Votes: 50 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 64 56.1%

• Total voters

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Are you still a Sens fan if Karlsson leaves because of Melnyk & his cheapness or would that be your breaking point ?

let me clarify my question: ****Would you still support this team Financially (ie: still buying Season tickets/ tickets to games) ...if Karlsson left because of Melnyk & his cheapness...or would that be your breaking point to stop buying tickets to games & maybe watch from TV instead.

Last edited:

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
If Melnyk is the sticking point, hell no

Of course I say this in theory but I also can't imagine becoming a fan of another team

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Apologies let me clarify my question: ****Would you still support this team Financially (ie: still buying Season tickets/ tickets to games) ...if Karlsson left because of Melnyk & his cheapness...or would that be your breaking point to stop buying tickets to games & maybe watch from TV instead.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I don't currently financially support the team (I live in NS) but my answer would be yes, I would still support the team. If Karlsson were gone, we'd be watching Chabot and whatever other assets we acquired. It'll still be OK.

Reactions: Back in Black

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
Yes. I'll always support Ottawa. My issue is with the personnel that owns and manages the franchise (which aren't permanent).

Edit: thanks for clarifying the question.

Would I pick a different team? No. Would I watch less games? Yes. I'd probably still attend as many games as I could (being an indebted student in a demanding program is my main barrier now).

Last edited:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
If Melnyk left because of Melnyk being cheap or driving him out, I would cancel my season's and go to single games, 5-6 times a year.
I will always support the Ottawa Senators, I want the team to win over any individual player, but this is more than an individual player, it's an all-time great that needs to stay in Ottawa forever.

Melnyk Out, Announce Karlsson (extension).

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Support the team yes, but I'm not giving a cent to Melnyk.

I already hate this scumbag as it is right now. I can't imagine how it will be when Karl is gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: DylanSensFan

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Either you're a fan of the team or you're not. If your answer to this poll is no, you may as well just go pick a new team now rather than hang around and complain.

The Senators drafted Philips from Fort McMurray Oil Barons when I was 11 years old. I am now 36 and I've been a fan of the Senators since 1992. To tell me and other long time fans what to think is ridiculous. I've been a positive supporter of this team for ages... but if Melnyk cheaps out and we lose Karlsson I have two Alberta teams I can cheer for. I have Alberta Jersey's I can buy, hats, Christmas ornaments and so on. As Karlsson said, it is a business. I have the right to take my business elsewhere, or stay and complain about this team until they become consistent.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Either you're a fan of the team or you're not. If your answer to this poll is no, you may as well just go pick a new team now rather than hang around and complain.
This team isn't winning anything with this clown of an owner. I won't blame people for jumping ship.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I would be greatly disappointed and a bit disinterested, but I would still support the team. Like Nyquil said, it's my home town team.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Aren't we close to $1 Million under the Cap???? Tells me Melnyk is spending. If it wasn't for Mr. Melnyk, the NHL would probably have moved the Team by now.

I don't support overpriced players demands. If KarlfredYashinsson wants to leave, then the best of luck to him.

My hats off to you Mr. Melnyk.

:xtree::xsign:

Last edited:
Reactions: sensfan44

BigBlackCoffee1984

Sep 1, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
I put no solely because Melnyk needs to go. With that being said, if they wanted to blow it up because they thought it was the right thing to do at the perfect time, then why wouldn't they? I don't know if I feel comfortable giving the go ahead to this plan with the combo of Melnyk + Dorion + Boucher though... Changes do need to be made, obviously.

Makes me sad just thinking about going through this situation off and on for the better part of a decade.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Yes. The Sens are bigger than one player despite what some people say

I don’t see someone choosing not to support the sens - if we trade Karlsson because of Melnyk (the question in this thread) - as supporting a player over the sens or as thinking one player is bigger than the sens.

People who would be making that decision would be not supporting the sens because Melnyk puts himself and his needs before those of the sens.

They’re choosing not to support Melnyk.

I agree one person isn’t bigger than the sens, that’s why I would choose not to support the sens when we have an owner that forces moves that make the team worse or puts us in a difficult cap situation to save a couple bucks and whose only objective is to cash in on playoff revenue rather than win a cup.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I would lose interest, especially if the return is mediocre, but I'll always be loyal to this team.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Aren't we close to $1 Million under the Cap???? Tells me Melnyk is spending. If it wasn't for Mr. Melnyk, the NHL would probably have moved the Team by now.

I don't support overpriced players demands. If KarlfredYashinsson wants to leave, then the best of luck to him.

My hats off to you Mr. Melnyk.

:xtree::xsign:

They aren't paying MacArthur....

My answer is obviously no that's my breaking point I won't go to games or watch the team on tv. Will this be for life? No. I'll come back when Melnyk is gone.

I feel if EK leaves we need to start a boycott movement unroll melnyk sells like have a website with pledges and everything. That's two of the senators greatest hero's gone because of this sack of shit

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Support the team yes, but I'm not giving a cent to Melnyk.

I already hate this ******* as it is right now. I can't imagine how it will be when Karl is gone.

This is me...if we lose Karlsson cause of Melnyk then he will not get a $$ of my money. This should be the most slam dunk negotiation in the history of the franchise. Best player we've ever had. If we can't commit to that, then something's got to take shape to show the team it's unacceptable to run itself the way it is, and money talks.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Watch Melnyk force a Karlsson trade in one final narcissistic power move and then turn around and sell the franchise a year later to an ownership group that Karlsson would have stayed with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad