Playoffs Watch

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Please ****ing win tomorrow. Lock up third. Play the Bolts. Please Wings. please.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I think we could take on the Cats or Isles too, depending on who we'd face in the second round in the hypothetical scenario that we not only make the playoffs, but beat Tampa as well.

I do not like our odds against the Capitals/Penguins though.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I think we could take on the Cats or Isles too, depending on who we'd face in the second round in the hypothetical scenario that we not only make the playoffs, but beat Tampa as well.

I do not like our odds against the Capitals/Penguins though.

Can someone explain what is threatening about the Penguins? They're the definition of chokers (after SJ), have had rough patches and a coaching change. Are they "getting hot at the right time"? Washington too after all their floundering the last decade I have a hard time truly fearing.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Can someone explain what is threatening about the Penguins? They're the definition of chokers (after SJ), have had rough patches and a coaching change. Are they "getting hot at the right time"? Washington too after all their floundering the last decade I have a hard time truly fearing.

even the san jose chokers made it to the conference finals a couple times. :laugh:

I think this is the year the caps finally break through

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
The Pens are one of the hottest teams in the league without Malkin. Malkin is a proven playoff performer.

I want absolutely nothing to do with the Pens Or Caps

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I've always liked the Wings and you guys had me concerned a month or so ago. Forgot it was Detroit though, you never miss the playoffs :laugh: Good luck locking it up

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Thanks man, appreciated. Guess u weren't the only one being concerned for a while though. Took some time until they started playing again.
I mean, the other night's win was the first time that many ppl consider as playing the full sixty.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I still think we are in a tight spot. Beating Boston with tired legs on the road won't be easy, and then we face the Rangers which will be a must-win if we lose today.

Still several scenarios where we don't make it.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The Pens are one of the hottest teams in the league without Malkin. Malkin is a proven playoff performer.

I want absolutely nothing to do with the Pens Or Caps

He's only expected back mid-May, so I wouldn't put any stock in seeing him in the first round. But yes, he's a threat in the playoffs : 111 points in 101 games in the playoffs.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
I still think we are in a tight spot. Beating Boston with tired legs on the road won't be easy, and then we face the Rangers which will be a must-win if we lose today.

Still several scenarios where we don't make it.
Yup. The Rangers could possibly be playing for home ice on Saturday as well. I'd always rather control my own destiny but as far as difficulty I think the Wings remain in the toughest position.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Is it Mrazek or Howard again tonight? Either way, it's going to be one heck of a game at TD Gardens.

Seidenberg, Connolly and Hayes are day-to-day, but they are on a couple of days' rest. Plus, they recalled the Wings killer, Talbot yesterday.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Is it Mrazek or Howard again tonight? Either way, it's going to be one heck of a game at TD Gardens.

Seidenberg, Connolly and Hayes are day-to-day, but they are on a couple of days' rest. Plus, they recalled the Wings killer, Talbot yesterday.

It's a tough decision. You have Howard who is hot right now but has played 1 b2b already over last weekend. So the tired factor weighs in. And then you have Mrazek who's sucked all of March. Plus the team plays like **** in fornt of him. It sucks you can't trust him right now. I don't know. What do you do?

Detroit Swed Wings

#FireHolland
Jan 17, 2013
Malmö

It likely depends on fitness. If Howard is as fit as he should be, he plays.

Recent years, the net minder job in the playoffs has gone to the hot goalie (or more accurately , not the cold one). Osgood in for Hasek, Howard in for Osgood, and now Howard in for Mrazek.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
And that ****in other Philly game we lost is what's killing us right now. If we just won that game we'd be in right now and make it between Boston and them for the final wildcard.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
It likely depends on fitness. If Howard is as fit as he should be, he plays.

Recent years, the net minder job in the playoffs has gone to the hot goalie (or more accurately , not the cold one). Osgood in for Hasek, Howard in for Osgood, and now Howard in for Mrazek.

You talking about when osgood replaced hasek

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yes that's what I wrote? :) Don't remember what season but Hasek stinked it up so bad at the end of the season and Osgood cam in and dominated the dominator.

We all know Blashill thinks "what would Babcock do" :sarcasm:

Hasek started the playoffs. so he really wouldn't have rode the hot hand

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008

It's the CIIIRCLE OF LIIIFE :laugh:

Honestly, I would go with Howard, he won in back-to-back vs Minnesota and Toronto, why not yesterday and tonight, too?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yes that's what I wrote? :) Don't remember what season but Hasek stinked it up so bad at the end of the season and Osgood cam in and dominated the dominator.

We all know Blashill thinks "what would Babcock do" :sarcasm:

That would be when we won the cup in 08, Hasek was yanked early on against Nashville and they rode Ozzie to the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad