Playoffs Watch

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Of course it does. If we lose against the Rangers we will now need Boston to lose against Ottawa or Philly to lose both of their games.

It really don't. If we lose against rangers we shouldn't make it. And chances are philly would beat us by two points anyway

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Of course it does. If we lose against the Rangers we will now need Boston to lose against Ottawa or Philly to lose both of their games.

just win on saturday and the rest doesn't matter

the flyers losing all 3 games and not getting any points was very unlikely anyways

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It really don't. If we lose against rangers we shouldn't make it. And chances are philly would beat us by two points anyway
I could easily see Philly losing one of their last two games. Pittsburgh and NYI aren't easy to beat. If they got zero points against Toronto we could have still made the playoffs with a loss against the Rangers as long as Philly lost one of their games. I don't care about any "shouldn't make it" BS, I care about making it and our chances just dropped considerably.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Doesn't feel like the fact they lost means much since they got a point. Very unrealistic Philly doesn't win at least one of their next two games, and almost no chance Boston loses against Ottawa. So we have to win against the Rangers or we are out.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
bruins fans should be more upset with the flyers getting a point

Yeah, Boston is the one team of the three that needs help to get in. Detroit and Philly control their own respective destinies. That said, things aren't looking good for Philly, they've got a pretty dang tough back-to-back.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
So what are the scenarios now?

If Boston loses to OTT do we make it in by default?
Yes.

Win we make it no matter what.

If we lose we make it if Boston also loses (A3), OR if Philly loses both their games and get a maximum of 1 loser point(WC2).

I think that's basically it..

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
So what are the scenarios now?

If Boston loses to OTT do we make it in by default?

Detroit

81GP 93PTS 39 ROW

Boston
81GP 93PTS 38 ROW

So a Bruins loss in regulation and the Wings are in, if the Bruins get one point the Wings need at least one, if the Bruins win (ROW) the Wings also need a ROW.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Yes.

Win we make it no matter what.

If we lose we make it if Boston also loses (A3), OR if Philly loses both their games and get a maximum of 1 loser point(WC2).

I think that's basically it..

We have to win in regulation or OT to make it in no matter what. If it goes to a shootout and Boston wins in regulation or OT, then we lose the tiebreaker to them. And Philly can still pass us.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
There is only one possible way for this to end.

Wings win in the shootout, Boston scores in the last second of OT.

It's happening.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
That's not even the best part- just wait for Howard to make 15 saves in the shootout and Quincey to finally score on a slapshot.

Most epic way to end the season... ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad