Playoffs Watch

drw13

Sep 29, 2013
It's sickening how many people think Detroit didn't have control before tonight. All tonight did was allow us to lose to Boston in regulation and still be able to make it, and also only beat Boston in regulation and make it.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
It's sickening how many people think Detroit didn't have control before tonight. All tonight did was allow us to lose to Boston in regulation and still be able to make it, and also only beat Boston in regulation and make it.

we have more control now,

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
We would have to pull our goalie in OT in the Rangers game IF:

-we lose to Philly in regulation
-we lose to Boston in regulation
-Boston loses to Ottawa in regulation

If those 3 events happen, and we enter OT against the Rangers, we would need the ROW to make the playoff based on the tie breaker. A shootout win wouldnt be enough as (if) those 3 outcomes happen, then we would have lost the season series to Boston.

I know, I know, not realistic. But just imagine watching that game Saturday where we pull the goalie in OT, and absolutely need a goal in OT in order to make it. Would be insanity...

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC

"sickening"? You need to chill out. It's not that big of a deal anyway. I can forgive you if you're talking about everyone outside of this board, but if you're talking about just this board I don't really see it. What matters now is

we have more control now

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

It just took Boston to lose, what, 8 of 9? :laugh:

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Its basically up to Detroit, win two of the next three and I feel like were in, especially if one of those wins are against Boston.

TeemuS

Feb 13, 2013
Boston lost, nice. But now i have a feeling, that RW will lost to Philly with 0 effort just so we can save some energy for Bruins game :(

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Good job by the Canes. **** the point that the Bruins got, I'll take that every day. Didn't expect 'em to lose.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Good job by the Canes. **** the point that the Bruins got, I'll take that every day. Didn't expect 'em to lose.

First game at home after a road trip is always difficult. I have mentioned this several times. No surprise.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Other than Washington and Florida, all the other teams are kind of equal. This will be a fun year to watch the playoff, with the Red Wings in it, of course. :naughty:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
How do we play the next 2 and last 3 games?

Basically we have 3 games left, but all we actually need is win the game in Boston and we are in.
So we need to win one game, but it has to be the right one. And we can lose the other 2.

Ideally we should play Bruins first, but we play them on the road 2nd of the back to back.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Basically we have 3 games left, but all we actually need is win the game in Boston and we are in.
So we need to win one game, but it has to be the right one. And we can lose the other 2.

Ideally we should play Bruins first, but we play them on the road 2nd of the back to back.

I would try. But save up energy against philly for Boston. And then just play the rangers

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Not really sure why u're mentioning the Cats in line with the Caps.

7-3 the last ten games, wins against NYR, BOS, TB. They have great offensive depth and Luongo is playing great. They are clearly a step down from the Caps but clearly a step up from anyone else, with PIT being there too.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
7-3 the last ten games, wins against NYR, BOS, TB. They have great offensive depth and Luongo is playing great. They are clearly a step down from the Caps but clearly a step up from anyone else, with PIT being there too.

5 of their last ten games were against Toronto and Montreal, way to leave that out. Pitt is a lot scarier than Florida and they're 9-1 in their last 10 - 7 games against current playoff teams.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Bruins got a 7-2-1 record during that time, they just suck right now. Rangers aren't playing their best hockey either (5-3-2). And as of now, Bolts won't have it easy due to their latest injuries and Bishop.

Personally, I just see the Caps and Pens being way better than many other teams in the East. Not seeing them as a team that can book the 2nd round already. We'll see about that.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I forgot about the row. Didn't realize we only had to beat
Boston

Hope we kind of rest against philly. And destroy Boston rather then be super tired

Boston lost, nice. But now i have a feeling, that RW will lost to Philly with 0 effort just so we can save some energy for Bruins game :(

I would try. But save up energy against philly for Boston. And then just play the rangers

I was also thinking about saving the energy vs flyers.
I think Blashill should play boring hockey not to lose and try to lull the flyers.

Save energy? F that! If they can't get up physically for these last 3 games, they shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
5 of their last ten games were against Toronto and Montreal, way to leave that out. Pitt is a lot scarier than Florida and they're 9-1 in their last 10 - 7 games against current playoff teams.

Left it out because the Red Wings lost to those teams too - can't rule them out at all. They were down 3-1 to Montreal, came back to win 4-3 and they lost 5-2 to TOR also.

You're right though, PIT is definitely up there with the Caps, but they will most likely not play against Detroit if the latter makes the playoffs as the 3rd seed in the Atlantic, unless they both make it to the conference finals.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
So if they beat Boston they're in but what do they need to lock down the 3rd in the Atlantic?

With a regulation win over Boston, Detroit would have 93 points and 39 Regulation or OT wins (ROW). Even if Boston wins their game on Saturday (their last game), they would then have 93 points, but only 38 ROW, so the Wings would automatically be seated in the 3rd spot of the Atlantic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad