Playoffs Watch

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
That was seriously big for us. But now comes down to Wings doing their part..

Tampa also losing right now.. They have ROW tiebreaker so would still need a lot of luck but home-ice might still be in the cards if you win the last 3. Their injuries are really bad.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
One of those wins still needs to be Boston because they have Goal Differential on us. Whoops. Didnt see ROW would still be 1 up for us. Well I dont think we will be beating hte Rangers anyway. Just beat Boston and hope they lose their other game :)

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
I may be wrong, but we have the H2H against Boston (38 v 37 ROW).

If we win against Boston, we can lose both games (Philly and NYR) and still make the playoffs.

Assuming Win @BeanTown in reg/overtime and Boston wins @Ottowa in reg/overtime
Wings-93 pts (1-2, 39 ROW)
Boston-93 Pts (1-1, 38 ROW)

BazDaSpaz

Sep 7, 2011
ROW is the tiebreaker which we are up 1 on

Yep. That would do it. It's gonna be tough to do in Boston. You know they're gonna give it there all. It won't be like how they played tonight against Carolina. I have faith wet could do it, but it won't be easy. I just want them to win tomorrow first.

BazDaSpaz

Sep 7, 2011
Yep. That would do it. It's gonna be tough to do in Boston. You know they're gonna give it there all. It won't be like how they played tonight against Carolina. I have faith wet could do it, but it won't be easy. I just want them to win tomorrow first.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Wings control their own fate now. They don't need to count on anyone but themselves anymore.

Lock it down.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Beat Boston in regulation and we are in. Win two out of three in regulation and we are in.

Not going to say it will be easy, but they have quite a bit of control at this point.

I am sure the percentages went up a massive amount tonight in terms of the ever evolving computer algorithms.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Bruins lose!!

Now all the Wings need to do is beat Boston in regulation and beat one of Philly and NYR in regulation or overtime.

Actually, the Wings only need to beat Boston in regulation to get in the playoffs. If that happens, the Philly and NYR games won't matter.

EDIT: Ah, I see several posters already said the same thing. Well, shut up, I'm old and slow now. Get off my lawn.

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Actually, the Wings only need to beat Boston in regulation to get in the playoffs. If that happens, the Philly and NYR games won't matter.

EDIT: Ah, I see several posters already said the same thing. Well, shut up, I'm old and slow now. Get off my lawn.

Right.

Beat Boston in regulation and we are in. Win two out of three in regulation and we are in.

Not going to say it will be easy, but they have quite a bit of control at this point.

I am sure the percentages went up a massive amount tonight in terms of the ever evolving computer algorithms.

I actually went on sportsclubstats.com right before the Bruins lost today and their stats were completely broken. Detroit was eliminated with 91 points, Toronto was in with 96, and Boston was in with 105. The stats seem to be fixed now :laugh:

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I forgot about the row. Didn't realize we only had to beat
Boston

Hope we kind of rest against philly. And destroy Boston rather then be super tired

BazDaSpaz

Sep 7, 2011
I forgot about the row. Didn't realize we only had to beat
Boston

Hope we kind of rest against philly. And destroy Boston rather then be super tired

They can't afford to rest anything until they can officially clinch a spot.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I don't. They can beat Philly and NY in regulation and get in no matter what happens against Boston.
It's a tough call

I think the wings have a Better chance of beating Boston rather than beating both philly and Rangers. But you can't just give up on a game when you haven't clinched yet either

Either way I hope blashill manages everyone's ice time tomorrow because the Thursday game is more important

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's a tough call

I think the wings have a Better chance of beating Boston rather than beating both philly and Rangers. But you can't just give up on a game when you haven't clinched yet either

Either way I hope blashill manages everyone's ice time tomorrow because the Thursday game is more important

Winning two out of three in regulation is more important, I don't care how they do it.

Winning tomorrow is huge, because it puts Boston into that game with all the pressure. You win tomorrow and go up 1-0 on Thursday it has more pressure on Boston too. You know why even if they beat you in a shootout all you need is a tie on the last day too.

I don't think the idea should be to throw away points any night. Win the next one and worry about what you need to the day after.

Also winning the next two could play in interesting in terms of Tampa. I will just take the playoffs, don't care how at this point, but the team objective should be to win every game. The one tomorrow is massive. There is also a way you win tomorrow and Boston wins the last two and we are still the team left standing. Ideally we win the back to back and this heartburn stops. If Philly goes 2 and 2 and we beat them and beat New York in regulation we also go over them.

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
imo let's just take 2nd in division.

why not.

It's a long shot. Detroit has to beat Tampa by 5 points because they can't catch up in the ROW tiebreaker. Tampa's got 2 games to get 2 points and clinch 2nd.

Home-ice against Tampa is really appetizing though. Without Stamkos and Stralman, I'm saying there's a chance.

Last edited:

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Winning two out of three in regulation is more important, I don't care how they do it.

Winning tomorrow is huge, because it puts Boston into that game with all the pressure. You win tomorrow and go up 1-0 on Thursday it has more pressure on Boston too. You know why even if they beat you in a shootout all you need is a tie on the last day too.

I don't think the idea should be to throw away points any night. Win the next one and worry about what you need to the day after.

Also winning the next two could play in interesting in terms of Tampa. I will just take the playoffs, don't care how at this point, but the team objective should be to win every game. The one tomorrow is massive. There is also a way you win tomorrow and Boston wins the last two and we are still the team left standing. Ideally we win the back to back and this heartburn stops. If Philly goes 2 and 2 and we beat them and beat New York in regulation we also go over them.

i agree you shouldn't throw points away. it just sucks that the boston game is on the back end of the b2b

hopefully the 3 days off will have given them a little extra rest

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
It's a long shot. Detroit has to beat Tampa by 5 points because they can't catch up in the tiebreaker. Tampa's got 2 games to get 2 points and clinch 2nd.

Home-ice against Tampa is really appetizing though. Without Stamkos and Stralman, I'm saying there's a chance.

I really don't care about home ice.

Just took a look and unless I made a huge error, home ice has won 83 times out of 150 series since the 2005 lockout. That's 55.3% of the time they win. 5.3% better than a coin flip isn't much in my opinion. And at least some of that advantage has to be due to the fact that home ice goes to the team with the better record and teams with the better record tend to be better teams. It's not surprising they win more often. I don't think much of that 5.3% can be attributed to home ice but even if it's entirely the home ice advantage it's not much.

Just get in 3rd, play an injured Tampa Bay, do some damage. 2nd is fine, but I don't think it matters. We're still playing Tampa and like I said, home ice isn't much.

NVq8PIM.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad