Playoffs of Laine/Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Will these playoffs change the unanimous belief held by everybody outside of Jets fans that Matthews is better than Laine if these two players continue on their trajectories?

To me, and im sure everybody else, Matthews has been invisible and the Jets are scorching hot with Laine leading the charge. In this up and down fluctuation of determining who is the better player, has Laine surpassed Matthews for the time being?

The thing is, Laine doesent have to play against the best opposition as much as top centres.

He’s a winger and a second liner (a damn good second line) he counts on he pp got lots of his offense, nothing really wrong with that.

I think he’s in the same tier with a few of the other young stars and you all know who they are but I wouldn’t call Laine better then maTthews right now.

Unless Laine wins the conn smythe or something .

Reactions: Arizonan God

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
1. I don't see McDavid in the title
2. The poster I replied to couldn't help to mention accolades and awards.

Matthews is dong it in the NHL, Laine has not.
Sure Matthews can be like Ovi and win the Calder, I'll take the Crosby type guy whose team wins and is more successful in the bigger games. Enjoy the Calder. Gretzky, Crosby and MacDavid had fine careers after not winning the Calder sure Laine will be fine as well.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Get used to it. Happens in sports. Fans of both these teams turned it into a pissing match when they were drafted and it’ll likely stay that way until one falls off. As an outside fan, it’s annoying to read all the time but it is what it is. A rivalry.
But that is the stupid thing; it shouldn’t be a rivalry.
These two teams play in opposite conferences, both have tons of young likeable fast talented players, both are coming out of rebuilds early and have a ton of potential and both are Canadian teams to boot. Add to that both franchises have a history of post-season heartbreak and long droughts and it seems like Leaf and Jets fans should naturally root for each other.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I keep saying this but i think Jets fans are out of this, it's Laine fans and Leafs fans only involved. One keeps provoking another, both are fanatic.

Laine fans are still pissed off their semigod wasn't picked first and genuinely feels it was insulting "he fell to second", Leafs fans just being Leafs fans
From frequently visiting both the Leafs and Jets forums the same kind of “arguments” seem to be eerily mirrored by certain posters on both sides. I think they would describe themselves as fans of both their player and the team as a whole.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
During my time as first officer of the Enterprise I met ancestors of Mr. Matthews on a distant planet.

ep51.jpg

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
The thing is, Laine doesent have to play against the best opposition as much as top centres.

He’s a winger and a second liner (a damn good second line) he counts on he pp got lots of his offense, nothing really wrong with that.

I think he’s in the same tier with a few of the other young stars and you all know who they are but I wouldn’t call Laine better then maTthews right now.

Unless Laine wins the conn smythe or something .
I thought the argument last year was “because Laine was playing on the first line and Matthews in the 3rd line, just shows Mathews was better to produce with lesser line mates” now it switched..... pfffffft typical Toronto mind set, manipulation to thier benefit

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
I love how you all pretend like the Jets have only existed for 6 years. Shane Doan would be ashamed
I love it how the leafs think they have a chance to win anything....you are the charlie Brown of the NHL.. .. is matthews playing tonight? He is invisible if he is.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I love it how the leafs think they have a chance to win anything....you are the charlie Brown of the NHL.. .. is matthews playing tonight? He is invisible if he is.

He created the first goal but thanks for watching. The Charlie Brown? Guess that makes the Jets disappearing act as a whole what lol

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
He created the first goal but thanks for watching. The Charlie Brown? Guess that makes the Jets disappearing act as a whole what lol
Disappearing act? Don't worry they are still around...we are just sitting at home waiting cause we already won a series. I am sure the leafs don't know what that is...so that is what happens when a team beats the other team 4 games out of 7. Then they get to play more....as opposed to going home and crying.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Wow is matthews ever soft. Afraid to get hit to clear the puck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheNumber4
Feb 24, 2017
Matthews did contribute to a goal by avoiding contact, taking it wide around the net and trying to jam it in from behind the goal line.

At least he was in the building, compared to yet another complete no show by Hayley’s son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig