Playoffs of Laine/Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Matthews did contribute to a goal by avoiding contact, taking it wide around the net and trying to jam it in from behind the goal line.

At least he was in the building, compared to yet another complete no show by Hayley’s son.
You mean that tape to tape pass he made from behind the net to brown out in front? He was so brave to stand in there and take that hit instead of just throwing it out front off someone's stick. Pass of the Year.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
One thing I absolutely love, is the 180 most Jets fans have done on Laine ince he got hot. After X-Mas they claimed he wasn't a top 6 winger on there own team. Yes, that is a fact.

Then he gets hot on a high scoring team and he's better then Matthews.

He's played better in the playoffs, but so has his team.

There's only so much one guy can do with bad teams.. ....one thing that Matthews and Laine have going for them is they have joined and helped be apart of two good teams rebuilds.

This has helped them both, but it's a two way thing they both aren't just products of there teams they add so much to them.

I don't see why it always has to be A is better then B.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

Yeah. It's pointless most parts. In a beauty contest, try really pick one princess above other. Lol.

images
images

Patrik's beard saves a lot currently (more than is visible in that old picture), but it's not fair contest because Auston can't grow his beard due idiotic team policy of Leafs. Without it Auston could grow a mustache and sideburns that would make him look lot more more cool (some nose hair integrated to the mustache would hide nostrils too), but Patrik can't make anymore much improvements with his face, it's already almost as representative as possible. Maybe herculepoirotisque/salvadordalihque vaxed mustache would make the real difference for his benefit.

Long dirty and messy 'natural' dreadlocks would do miracles for both, so that even without mandibles these guys would look like a Predators in a rink. Combined with earrings and extra stuff attached (colorful pearls, metal rings, bones etc.) to in their hairs, and some mascara on their eyes, their style could reach to a direction of vogue of Jack Sparrows, that wouldn't be bad either for NHL PR-duty.

That was the current topic, right? :sarcasm:

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
One thing I absolutely love, is the 180 most Jets fans have done on Laine ince he got hot. After X-Mas they claimed he wasn't a top 6 winger on there own team. Yes, that is a fact.

There's only so much one guy can do with bad teams.. ....one thing that Matthews and Laine have going for them is they have joined and helped be apart of two good teams rebuilds.

This has helped them both, but it's a two way thing they both aren't just products of there teams they add so much to them.

Can you show me where Jet fans said he's not a top 6 winger? I'd love to read it.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017

Leafs will one day dream of picking laine not because one is better than the other but to dream what a monster laine will become and gee we coulda of had him but since we didn't lets dream about it...

does that makes sense?

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Can you show me where Jet fans said he's not a top 6 winger? I'd love to read it.

I'll go looking. I'm not the best at this type of stuff but I think I search that quote? And I'll search my post history because I believe I responded to him when he said that.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'd love to see the Leafs meet the Jets i the finals but I don't think it will happen.
Canada's hope lies with the Jets.
Oh ya, Matthews is soft...

Jan 21, 2018
Just for one game I'd like Laine to play with Hyman/Brown and Matthews with Scheifele/Wheeler/Ehlers whoever it is he gets to play to make it abundantly clear he's the better player.

Laine's shot is obviously first class but Matthews has the advantage in most other aspects of the game.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Just for one game I'd like Laine to play with Hyman/Brown and Matthews with Scheifele/Wheeler/Ehlers whoever it is he gets to play to make it abundantly clear he's the better player.

Laine's shot is obviously first class but Matthews has the advantage in most other aspects of the game.

So you don’t even know who Laine plays with but you’re going with the linemates argument?

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Yeah. It's pointless most parts. In a beauty contest, try really pick one princess above other. Lol.

images
images

Patrik's beard saves a lot currently (more than is visible in that old picture), but it's not fair contest because Auston can't grow his beard due idiotic team policy of Leafs. Without it Auston could grow a mustache and sideburns that would make him look lot more more cool (some nose hair integrated to the mustache would hide nostrils too), but Patrik can't make anymore much improvements with his face, it's already almost as representative as possible. Maybe herculepoirotisque/salvadordalihque vaxed mustache would make the real difference for his benefit.

Long dirty and messy 'natural' dreadlocks would do miracles for both, so that even without mandibles these guys would look like a Predators in a rink. Combined with earrings and extra stuff attached (colorful pearls, metal rings, bones etc.) to in their hairs, and some mascara on their eyes, their style could reach to a direction of vogue of Jack Sparrows, that wouldn't be bad either for NHL PR-duty.

That was the current topic, right? :sarcasm:

That’s probably the best picture of Mathews. Usually he looks more like Frankenstein.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
The thing is, Laine doesent have to play against the best opposition as much as top centres.

He’s a winger and a second liner (a damn good second line) he counts on he pp got lots of his offense, nothing really wrong with that.

I think he’s in the same tier with a few of the other young stars and you all know who they are but I wouldn’t call Laine better then maTthews right now.

Unless Laine wins the conn smythe or something .
so laine has to win a conn smythe trophy to be "better" than mathews in your book.. what does one trophy have to do with it? shows your logic (and alot of other ppls) on alot of previous posts u (them) make also how hard was it for you not to mention your dad eichel ?

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
Matthews is playing against the best team in the playoffs. Laine was playing against the worst. Thought it was pretty easy to see

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
so laine has to win a conn smythe trophy to be "better" than mathews in your book.. what does one trophy have to do with it? shows your logic (and alot of other ppls) on alot of previous posts u (them) make also how hard was it for you not to mention your dad eichel ?

Grow up man.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Matthews is playing against the best team in the playoffs. Laine was playing against the worst. Thought it was pretty easy to see

Technically the Preds are playing against the worst, and the Avs are playing against the best.

Boston didn't even finish in the top 3, and the Wild didn't even finish in the bottom 3 in playoff teams, nor did they do the worst in the playoffs, weren't swept like two other teams.

Reactions: Coach

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

Can't wait for Laine to play with those 2 guys.
Hahahaha

What fact? Where

Is that the Jets fault for being 2nd overall in the league standing? So they get a better match up? Only in the 1st round.
Now the 1 team and 2 2 team in the league might be facing off in the 2nd round.

How can be Boston the best team in the playoff?

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

I think it sounds a bit hyperbolic but honestly probably true (I'm not getting into the Matthews/Laine debate).

Boston has been the best team since about January in the entire league. Called them the best team in the league before the matchups were even set. Honestly, I think the Leafs play them well and are a bit of a bad matchup for them, but I'd only pick Pittsburgh ahead of them of all the playoff teams in a 7 game series. I have thought for a while that they would beat every West team in a 7 game series.

Conversely, I think every team beats Minnesota in the playoffs, except maybe NJD. Those are the two weakest teams to me entering the big dance. Avs are a bit of a wildcard you can group in there too. But I truly think there's a sizeable level disparity for sure when comparing Minnesota, Boston.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
So far, in these playoffs Laine has played better. Big deal, next year it could be the opposite. Guess what? I won't care unless it means the Jets aren't doing good. I don't base my enjoyment of watching a player on whether he's better than some other player. Besides, I like both players, so bonus there! Instead of worrying about who is better, I get to watch both and think of how lucky I am to see both of them play!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Can't wait for Laine to play with those 2 guys.
Hahahaha

What fact? Where

Is that the Jets fault for being 2nd overall in the league standing? So they get a better match up? Only in the 1st round.
Now the 1 team and 2 2 team in the league might be facing off in the 2nd round.

did you not watch Winnipeg at all last year? Do you turn off the TV every time Winnipeg gets a powerplay this year? I don't see the point of pretending Laine hasn't had time with Scheifele and Wheeler

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

I think you might be hastily generalising here. I'm pretty sure most Jets fans (myself included) have always called him a top-6 winger, and I also think many Jets fans (myself included) think Matthews is currently better. It's pretty close between them right now, but I wouldn't overreact to the crazy fickle fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad