Playoffs of Laine/Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Marner is better than Matthews right now
In this series and in the second half, yes. But I am not a big fan of judging everything based on this week and going forward with it. Matthews was fantastic in the playoffs last seasdon.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
In this series and in the second half, yes. But I am not a big fan of judging everything based on this week and going forward with it. Matthews was fantastic in the playoffs last seasdon.

That’s why I said right now. Right now, Laine is definitely outperforming Matthews. It’s only one playoff series so it doesn’t mean much, if anything, but Laine has been better.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I recall so many posts from leaf fans in the days leading up to the playoffs suggesting the leafs playoff experience will be the difference between toronto advancing and why Winnipeg won’t. I think the playoff experience has been thoroughly debunked by now.
Well fine, Leaf fasn were proven wrong. It makes up for the "LOL Leaf Fans Overate (Insert Player) and then are proven wrong.
And how many Leaf fans really said that? I'm a big Leaf fans and I picked Pens/Jets in the finals.

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
Those defenceman are role players as is Perrault. Ehlers missed one game lol. Take away Buff and Scheif/Wheelers then you would have an argument
Morrisey is more than a role player for Winnipeg.

Simple fact is you can not dismiss the fact the Jets played the first round with their 7, 8 & 9th ranked D and completed the series missing ehlers and perreault.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The D men the Jets were missing were role players?
Morrissey would the the Leafs' 1D man...
We were missing our 1LHD, 2LHD and 3LHD...plus Armia for most of the last game, Ehlers, Perreault and Myers is playing hurt.
I can't help it Minny signs stupid contracts and don't have the GM that allows them the depth the Jets have...Parise for 7 more years at over 7.5m? Gimme a break.
The Jets have players like Roslovic and Chiarot that can step in and not lose a step.
The short answer is, Laine is playing in round two, Matthews will be golfing.

Reactions: Uncle Bob

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
What???
Doughty for the next 7 years at 12m or Trouba for the next 7 years at 7m?
I'd take Trouba all day long...twice in the playoffs. He was the best D man on the ice yesterday.

Of course you would.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Don't matter, Jets are in the playoffs and Doughty isn't....the Leafs are all but out too....deal with it, it should be easy by now, no?
Only thing we need to deal with is your blindless bias to all things Jets apparently.

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
Three first round picks from the same drafts as the Leafs core. Laine/Matthews, Ehlers/Nylander are always compared. Connor is the closest comparable to Marner for the Jets.

Random? Lol
Yup. Random. Lol.

Did I do that right?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
That’s why I said right now. Right now, Laine is definitely outperforming Matthews. It’s only one playoff series so it doesn’t mean much, if anything, but Laine has been better.
Right now, more than 200 players have produced as many points or more than Matthews.

Reactions: Uncle Bob

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
So if Matthews was producing jack(Laine hasn’t been all that great especially in the last 3 games) but the Leafs were beating then it woukd be all good? Your logic is massivly flawed. It’s like saying Trouba is a better defenceman than Doughty because Drew’s team got swept.
After 4 playoff games Matthews has the worst +- on the Leafs. More than simply not producing seems unmotivated.

Reactions: Fairview

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
As for the injury excuse, in Game 5, the Jets were missing their best defenseman and a top 6 forward (Ehlers). Combine that with losing half of their top 6 and it’s similar to the Wild losing Suter and Parise. And the Jets still hammered them.

Except the Wild have no where near the depth of the Jets and which best defenceman was this? Morrisey? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad