Playoffs of Laine/Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Not sure why your tagging me here? I'm probably amongst the more unbiased and rational Leaf fans around here.

Modesty, however, not my strong suit.

Oh shoot, sorry you are correct. Apologies podium. I mixed you up with views from the six. Will update my post.

You are an awesome poster, who can have a great discussion. Feel bad for the mix up!

Reactions: The Podium

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Don't matter, Jets are in the playoffs and Doughty isn't....the Leafs are all but out too....deal with it, it should be easy by now, no?
Seriously?

How many cups does Doughty have? How many does Trouba have? Good thing Trouba is in the playoffs this season though.

Its so odd what winning does to a teams fans. Last year Nashville was the underdog and their fans were almost all very nice to be around on the forums last year. This season? They can't see the forest for the trees.

Apparently the same thing has happened to Jets fans. I remember them being mostly classy and now? Are they de-volving into Leafs fans?

Its like you think the Jets have already won the cup this season or something.

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
That’s a meaningless stat, they’ve played the majority of the series matched with Bergeron’s line that has played really well this series
I agree it’s meaningless when it doesn’t paint the leafs in a positive light. I think also agree Matthews did a great job last game. Bergeron was invisible.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Three first round picks from the same drafts as the Leafs core. Laine/Matthews, Ehlers/Nylander are always compared. Connor is the closest comparable to Marner for the Jets.

Random? Lol
I have to disagree. Marner has never and will never score 30 goals.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
I can't say I agree with you. Especially the part about Laine. If there are no Scheifele and Wheeler and Laine had to be the Jets engine, like Matthews is for the Leafs they wouldn't look so **** hot. When looking at playoff numbers remember who each team is playing. Matthews would ****ing slay Minnesota without Suter.
If matthews is an engine the leafs should find a new one cause it is ceased up and not running. It's funny laine has a history of winning, WJC, WHC. Finish league...you name it. Matthews just disappears when the going gets important. Has he ever won any playoff series? I can see why the leafs took him...fits right in with the team's from the last 50 years. Not the engine I would want.

Reactions: Coach

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
If matthews is an engine the leafs should find a new one cause it is ceased up and not running. It's funny laine has a history of winning, WJC, WHC. Finish league...you name it. Matthews just disappears when the going gets important. Has he ever won any playoff series? I can see why the leafs took him...fits right in with the team's from the last 50 years. Not the engine I would want.
My head hurts.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Well this post convinced me Matthews sucks and Laine should have been taken by the Leafs..Matthews is 20 and hasn't won a playoff series. Oh my god! Looooser!

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
He did beat Laine for rookie of the year, he did beat Laine by being picked ahead of him in the draft, won U17 gold, 2 U18 gold, U20 Bronze, Swiss cup winner, back to back all-star games, he led the Leafs to the playoffs last year while the Jets were down south golfing last summer. He was over PPG this season while Laine was 12 points shy. But, let's not let facts get in the way eh?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He did beat Laine for rookie of the year, he did beat Laine by being picked ahead of him in the draft, won U17 gold, 2 U18 gold, U20 Bronze, Swiss cup winner, back to back all-star games, he led the Leafs to the playoffs last year while the Jets were down south golfing last summer. He was over PPG this season while Laine was 12 points shy. But, let's not let facts get in the way eh?

Sure, he did all that, but does he have a really big tattoo?

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Laine isn't even the best winger on his team.

Jets win one series and the dough heads come out, this thread is just hilarious.

liljegren beast

Mar 28, 2018
I think the matchup plays a big difference here. Matthews is up against a very strong bruins team, where as Laine faced an injured wild team. That being said Laine has been great in the playoffs so far!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelly

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki

Jets win one series and the dough heads come out, this thread is just hilarious.
Well, I guess Matthews also is not the best center on his team. That would be Plekanec at this point. What a generational player he is.

Reactions: Fairview

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016

Well, Mathews is the best center on his team.. but that isn't saying much And of course underlines the reason that they had to select him in the draft. They had no choice really

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017

i skim most of these threads and u seem to be in every one of them whining about jets fans.. maybe ignore it if some people are homers.. unless of course you just like stirring up the dust like you try.. carry on!

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Much weaker? 8th overall? Second best home record in the league? Much weaker? Where is your objectivity?

Much weaker? Boston had 11 more points than Minnesota. For reference as to how big of a difference that is. If Minnesota had 11 more points, they would have won the President's Trophy. If Minnesota had 11 fewer points, they'd be 19th in the league and miss the playoffs. If Boston had 11 fewer points... they'd be Minnesota. Numbers are pretty objective.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
oh look fresh account here to rag on mathews i have a feeling its a leaf fan trying to make jets/laine fans look insane!

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Hit tracking is weird. With all the hits last game I bet they missed a fair portion of them. That 2nd game against the Wild was probably the most physical game of the entire playoffs so far.

Facts don't match the arguments, the counting must be wrong...of course
This the "millions of illegals voted" of HF.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Meh, judging by this board over the course of the season, the exact same thing would be happening if the opposite had occurred.
Didn't see this much stupidity when Matthews was having the superior season up until Laine's 20 game hot streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad