GDT: Playoffs 2022 WCQF Game 3 | Preds vs Avalanche 5/7 330PM Dont Stop Believing Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I switched over to the Kentucky Derby at the start of the period and just switched back to the game. I see that I didn't miss much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionnaire11

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Not sure if Poile survives this one
Poile’s not going anywhere unless he wants to. He continues to give the ownership conglomerate exactly what they want, a round of playoff revenue.

Regardless of the outcome of this series, this has been a relatively enjoyable season. Two different 40 goal scorers, a 90+ point player and the herd line was always fun.

Glass Tomasino and Tolvanen should be regular fixtures next season and we’ll get to watch them develop even more. Trenin and Jeannot will be able to pace themselves better. Sarros and Ingram should be a formidable tandem. Will be interesting off season to see who gets picked up to fill in holes. Lots to look forward too. If it’s another enjoyable season with another first round exit, so be it. I’m here for it.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
What a pity.

I believe that you are correct.
I understand we are going out in a particularly brutal fashion, and have been trending there for a good month, but nobody expected anything out of this team this season. "Play the kids" and all that. Half our top 4 are wet-behind-the-ears, we effectively have one scoring line, our kids up front wore themselves ragged from their play for the first 60-65 games (with one of them being among the league leaders in rookie goals). Media predictions commonly had us 7th in the division (and only because Arizona was always going to be historically bad). Though it seems like nothing, simply being in the playoff race, let alone a playoff spot for this team was a pretty solid "achievement." I know it burns, but this series effectively means nothing from an organizational perspective--it's house money--a taste of the post-season for the pups and two extra games of revenue for the team.

CRay

Feb 9, 2021
Every time things get tough a section of our "fan" base reveals how clueless they are.
OK genius, where do we go from here as an organization?
Is it just in Poile we trust?
Why should we be optimistic about the future of the franchise?
Seriously, I dont keep up with the pipelines as much as some of you guys, is there help on the way?

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
My issue is the way we have lost. We are a greasy spot in the road for the Avalanche.

It will be the first time this franchise has been swept in the playoffs, just another record falling.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Seriously, I dont keep up with the pipelines as much as some of you guys, is there help on the way?

Yearly progression of Tomasino, Jeannot, Fabbro, Tolvanen, etc.

And upcoming is Afanaseyev, Evangelista, Svechkov, L'Heureux, Parisinnen, Askarov and more with another solid prospect this summer in the 16-20 range.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the near future.

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
Careful...if you say anything critical about our poorly constructed team, you aren't a real fan.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Yearly progression of Tomasino, Jeannot, Fabbro, Tolvanen, etc.

And upcoming is Afanaseyev, Evangelista, Svechkov, L'Heureux, Parisinnen, Askarov and more with another solid prospect this summer in the 16-20 range.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the near future.

Yeah our prospect pool including the young NHL guys is by far the best we've had in a long time. The question is whether Duchene, Johansen, Forsberg, and Josi can maintain the level of play they had this season (playoffs not withstanding) long enough for our prospects to develop and give us the depth we need, but despite the season ending way worse this year than last I think we're in a much better place overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad