GDT: Playoffs 2022 WCQF Game 3 | Preds vs Avalanche 5/7 330PM Dont Stop Believing Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRay

Feb 9, 2021
Yeah our prospect pool including the young NHL guys is by far the best we've had in a long time. The question is whether Duchene, Johansen, Forsberg, and Josi can maintain the level of play they had this season (playoffs not withstanding) long enough for our prospects to develop and give us the depth we need, but despite the season ending way worse this year than last I think we're in a much better place overall.
Good.
So we need to sign 9 if possible.
Question, if we dont I assume we try to replace with similar FA?
If we do sign 9 do we still go after another top player or just fill bottom line gaps.

I get why anyone is a ####ing genius compared to you. Hell, I've met lobotomized people that provide more logical commentary than you(not hyperbole).

This was always a "competitive rebuild" roster that made it to the playoffs ... the upper end of regular season expectations. Team build isn't the issue this season. Team execution in the regular season isn't an issue. Lotehsing Saros and the inability to play with discipline is the issue. The "competitive rebuild" gaps to fill are another top 6 forward and a top 4 RHD. The goalie pipeline is solid with Ingram, Cooley, Askarov. The forward pipe is pretty good with Afanasyev, Glass, Parsinnen. We have PMD in the pipe.

As you admit, you don't keep up. Posting from a position of conceded ignorance isn't one I would make. You do you.
Eat shit bitch

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Too many here keep forgetting that this was a bubble team at best that made it to the playoffs against the #1 team in the conference. We were the most penalized team and continue to demonstrate that lack of discipline ... and it keeps costing. We stood relatively pat at the TDL while the Avs and Flames made major moves ... it shows.

Reactions: Iracundia

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Yearly progression of Tomasino, Jeannot, Fabbro, Tolvanen, etc.

And upcoming is Afanaseyev, Evangelista, Svechkov, L'Heureux, Parisinnen, Askarov and more with another solid prospect this summer in the 16-20 range.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the near future.
All of those prospects besides Askarov are Poile specials. 40 point guys that can help the team to a first round exit. Depending on the pipeline for forwards for this organization has always been a nightmare. There was a time we just focused on centers. Now beyond one line there is no reason to have optimism. I recall last year the banter was Tomasino and Tovanan would take the team to the promised land. And Jeannot made both look pitiful. Jeannot is possibly the next Arvy a few good years then numbers fall and he’s gone. There is a chance FF9’s last game was today. That hit will be reviewed and if the league is consistent he will get a game suspension. Everyone thinks Poile will get him signed but this close he is going to test the water of F/A and anything could happen. There is still a question in net over the last 20 games Saros gave up 3 or more goals in more than half the games. The defense is a wreck the worst the backend has looked in 20 years. The bottom 9 are consistent at being inconsistent. There are few nights when the top line and the depth scoring were clicking and when it was it was against bottom feeders. Of course your going to disagree with all of this that does not mean it’s untrue.

Reactions: Aardvarksson

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Good.
So we need to sign 9 if possible.
Question, if we dont I assume we try to replace with similar FA?
If we do sign 9 do we still go after another top player or just fill bottom line gaps.

Eat shit bitch
We have no real way of knowing what the plan is if Forsberg doesn't sign. It could go from tear it all down to signing a UFA or two and anything in-between.

Reactions: CRay

CRay

Feb 9, 2021
All of those prospects besides Askarov are Poile specials. 40 point guys that can help the team to a first round exit. Depending on the pipeline for forwards for this organization has always been a nightmare. There was a time we just focused on centers. Now beyond one line there is no reason to have optimism. I recall last year the banter was Tomasino and Tovanan would take the team to the promised land. And Jeannot made both look pitiful. Jeannot is possibly the next Arvy a few good years then numbers fall and he’s gone. There is a chance FF9’s last game was today. That hit will be reviewed and if the league is consistent he will get a game suspension. Everyone thinks Poile will get him signed but this close he is going to test the water of F/A and anything could happen. There is still a question in net over the last 20 games Saros gave up 3 or more goals in more than half the games. The defense is a wreck the worst the backend has looked in 20 years. The bottom 9 are consistent at being inconsistent. There are few nights when the top line and the depth scoring were clicking and when it was it was against bottom feeders. Of course your going to disagree with all of this that does not mean it’s untrue.
Dang just when the sheeples had me believing. I have seen nothing from anyone they have called up that makes me think they will be top line players but I am sure one or 2 might make a jump.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I dare you to find one post from someone before the season that said Tolvanen and Tomasino would lead the Preds to the "promise land" (in which I'm guessing you mean the SC or at least conference finals).

Tolvanen was a disappointment this year, but Tomasino had a good year. I'm still pumped for him. Considering the minutes he got and his linemates for parts of the season he had a productive year. All indications still lead to him being a top 6 player. Jeannot had a great year. He'll be 25 later this month. Tomasino will be 21 later this summer. There point totals weren't far off though obviously are different players. Not a good comparison.

Reactions: 101st_fan

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I dare you to find one post from someone before the season that said Tolvanen and Tomasino would lead the Preds to the "promise land" (in which I'm guessing you mean the SC or at least conference finals).

Tolvanen was a disappointment this year, but Tomasino had a good year. I'm still pumped for him. Considering the minutes he got and his linemates for parts of the season he had a productive year. All indications still lead to him being a top 6 player. Jeannot had a great year. He'll be 25 later this month. Tomasino will be 21 later this summer. There point totals weren't far off though obviously are different players. Not a good comparison.
Jeannot managed 24 goals in spite of being asked to play on the “energy line, “identity line” or “beat the piss out of everybody line” (whatever you want to call it). He’s a very talented player and if they move him to the top 6 next year I’m confident he’ll be a good goal scorer for this team.

Tomasino has the potential to be a top 6 player. He’s shown flashes of brilliance this year as a 20 year old. Next year should be a great year for him.

Tolvanen still has that wicked shot in him. Now that he has worked on and become a much better 200 foot player, hopefully he can focus on finding that shot again.

Glass was banging it in the AHL and next year we will see if he can continue to grow with the Preds. I have confidence that he will eventually turn into the player every one thought he would be when he was drafted by Vegas. (Vegas did him absolutely no favors in his development).

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

No what I mean is they would fill the top 6 producing enough to carry the team safely into the post season. And make a difference in those we had playing up there like Turris who was brought in to play top 6. And replacing Arvy as well. I get it Jeannot is older and this could have been his career year too. But being young like Tomasino and Tolvanan has never worked out long term for prospects here. There failures have always been blamed on coaching here also. When the reality other than Radulov who was a top 10 pick none have made a real splash long term in the league. Fialia may in the elf’s system. All the excitement of picking 12-20 that is seen here every year is absurd. The fan base is not strong enough to stomach a real rebuild the owners are happy to make round 1 to get that revenue and keeps Poiles job secure. It will again.

With this roster I have to hand it to Hynes he got them in. And I was as critical of the Hynes hire as anyone. Props to Duchene for his year and Jodi who probably gets his second. FF9 had a unreal year all things considered but who did not know he would step up in a contract year. Even more reason I think he tests FA. And while my whole focus is not on this team like it used to be the disappointment remains. I hoped I was wrong and the team could be competitive the whole year but the last 6 weeks of the season ruined that. I’m not putting it all on Saros but his GA the last portion of the season still leaves the question if he can be the starter for a entire year.

CRay

Feb 9, 2021
Again you can’t make a logical retort.
Look dude all I am saying is even with our top 3 players having career years, we cant even stay on the ice with the best teams in the league, and we are supposed to believe some youngsters who have shown little to nothing will get us there. Just because some are skeptical that will happen and doubt Poile is the man who can make it happen doesnt make us trolls and idiots as you say. I hope you are right but it is not unreasonable to have doubts. And with all due respect no condescending sanctimonious arrogant jerk is going to convince me otherwise. So you can take your smartest guy in the room bully act and shove it.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I think we can all have our opinion on what we feel the future holds. Personally I think this season was kind of a mirage and we’re in for a tough one next season, especially if we lose Forsberg and Poile makes poor FA decisions.

With that said, if our youth are as good as we think they might be, then it wouldn’t be the end of the world to maybe get some elite talent that can contribute almost immediately as the youth are maturing into contributors. Could be perfect timing upon reflection but I guess we’ll have to suffer until then.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Look dude all I am saying is even with our top 3 players having career years, we cant even stay on the ice with the best teams in the league, and we are supposed to believe some youngsters who have shown little to nothing will get us there. Just because some are skeptical that will happen and doubt Poile is the man who can make it happen doesnt make us trolls and idiots as you say. I hope you are right but it is not unreasonable to have doubts. And with all due respect no condescending sanctimonious arrogant jerk is going to convince me otherwise. So you can take your smartest guy in the room bully act and shove it.
The only Dude is Lebowski.

The younger players are expected to provide secondary scoring and that is what they did throughout the regular season.

The funny thing is YOU keep resorting to name calling, diminutive language, and logical fallacies while then crying victim status. Nobody is presenting themselves as the smartest in the room … your content just makes everyone else seem that way. There are logical ways to claim maybe Poile is reaching the end of his term. Nothing you’ve presented comes close to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad