Half-Assed GDT: Playoff team vs. golf team | prime time for Europe - early time for NA people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bendak

Jedi Use Hacks
Apr 5, 2013
St. Louis
Had to work today. Didn't get to watch. Just here for the free Bendak like.

I appreciate the Bendak "likes". Nice positive touch in an erstwhile dismal time. Nice to have you around, Bendak!

ted-blow-kiss.gif

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
according to your brilliant theory, we all need to be president or around them to judge their leadership abilities. again, that sort of logic is beyond dumb and unreasonable. 27 is NOT a good leader and you wont find very many people who follow this team who will say otherwise.

things I have noticed with 27 include:

high levels of play that tails off over time. this has always been the case with him, even before he got the C. Look how he played lights out vs the Hawks 2 years ago, then become a joke in the last 2 series. He cant sustain his play like Drew Doughty can.
a lack of fighting spirit to him. watch how he lets benn sitt on him, face wash him twice and not even show one inch of fight to him.
unwillingness to drag others who struggle into battles with him. whens the last time you saw petro stick up for someone on the ice (other than when the fans boo and hurt their lil feelings). which brings me to my last point:

crying about the fans booing allen when the team has lost like 6 in a row. remember, it really "bothered" him, because thats what captains should be "bothered" about, not losing 7 games in a row, but about fans BOOING that pathetic display of hockey.

yeah thats a real good leader we have LOL, we are just so lucky to have him wear the C. hes giving eric brewer a run for his money for worst blues captain in recent memory, even dallas drake was better than this sorry leader we got.
I realize common sense is not your strong suit, so I understand where you’re coming from, but I play along knowing you are one of those types who refuse to see anything but their own opinion.

1) You ignored my point that most sports team leadership goes on in the locker room. This does not surprise me.
2) Everyone around the league disagrees with your opinion of Pietrangelo and his play. The fact that you claim he was a “joke” in the last two series two years ago just shows how little you understand the game of hockey.
3) In the last month I’ve seen Petro stand up for his teammates multiple times. You see, you are one of those people who still thinks it’s the 70’s or 80’s and you must get into a fight every time a teammate suffers an indignity. Those of us who have progressed along with the game understand that having your best defensemen on the ice is much more important than punching someone in the face.
4) Wasn’t his comment about the fans booing Allen actually proof of leadership and standing up for a teammate? It was, but it doesn’t fit your closed mind, so you try to use it as proof he isn’t a leader. Do you even think before you post?
5) When you say “the team has lost like 6 games in a row” you shoot yourself in the foot since he was defending Allen when it was the TEAM losing, not just Allen.

Do you want to keep putting your foot deeper into your mouth? I only ask because responding to your tripe is becoming tediously simple.

Run along, child.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
crying about the fans booing allen when the team has lost like 6 in a row. remember, it really "bothered" him, because thats what captains should be "bothered" about, not losing 7 games in a row, but about fans BOOING that pathetic display of hockey.

Hmmm to me that would show him sticking up for a teammate which is the sign of a good leader.

As to the incident with Benn in today's game, that has nothing to with defining leadership capability, he lost his balance fell and took out Benn in the process, Benn did what he did and Petro didn't retaliate with the referees right there. Like my Dad used to always tell me "the refs may not call the original instigator but they'll always call the retaliator". It shows to me he is level headed to not take a bad penalty there. Let's remember many complaints about Backes was that he was too reckless and guys followed his example by taking bad penalties in key moments during the games.

Petro was captain last year and we made it into the 2nd round of the playoffs and ran into a hot Nashville team and nobody had complaints about his leadership then, or about Allen after he stole the series against Minnesota. Have both players struggled this season? Yes. But who on the roster hasn't been struggling this season? This is a case of people looking for scapegoats to place blame on.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Hmmm to me that would show him sticking up for a teammate which is the sign of a good leader.

As to the incident with Benn in today's game, that has nothing to with defining leadership capability, he lost his balance fell and took out Benn in the process, Benn did what he did and Petro didn't retaliate with the referees right there. Like my Dad used to always tell me "the refs may not call the original instigator but they'll always call the retaliator". It shows to me he is level headed to not take a bad penalty there. Let's remember many complaints about Backes was that he was too reckless and guys followed his example by taking bad penalties in key moments during the games.

Petro was captain last year and we made it into the 2nd round of the playoffs and ran into a hot Nashville team and nobody had complaints about his leadership then, or about Allen after he stole the series against Minnesota. Have both players struggled this season? Yes. But who on the roster hasn't been struggling this season? This is a case of people looking for scapegoats to place blame on.
I agree. Everyone is upset and almost everyone is looking to pinpoint that one problem that fixes the team. It won't happen because, in truth, there are many problems and blame can be distributed amongst all.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

you wanna stick up for a teammate? how about you actually show up and play hard for him then? i would much rather prefer that if I was jake then some locker room postgame crying by him and tarasenko.

remember, 27 told us "they had jakes back". is that why they have scored 1 goal or less in like 11 of his past 15 starts? is that how 27 likes to have allens back? by leaving him out there on a island by himself so he can get his confidence whacked again like last year. this guy has the fight of a goldfish in him and its sad, i see little 5 year olds play hockey with more fight and spirit in them than 27 does. its almost like since he plays with 19 so much, that 19s demeanor has rubbed off on him more and more.

hes a crap leader, he will always be a crap leader. the blues are gonna have to do what the sharks did a few years ago to Jumbo Joe and strip him off the C. you cant let these soft crybabies be the face and leader of your team if you wanna win the West.

Reactions: Bendak

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
The annoying part about this game to me is the overtime. If we lose in regulation I'm annoyed, but whatever, let's get to that 10th pick! But no, OT loss. We aren't really any closer to a playoff spot but we are further away from keeping our draft pick.

Reactions: Sushiko and Bendak

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
you wanna stick up for a teammate? how about you actually show up and play hard for him then? i would much rather prefer that if I was jake then some locker room postgame crying by him and tarasenko.

remember, 27 told us "they had jakes back". is that why they have scored 1 goal or less in like 11 of his past 15 starts? is that how 27 likes to have allens back? by leaving him out there on a island by himself so he can get his confidence whacked again like last year. this guy has the fight of a goldfish in him and its sad, i see little 5 year olds play hockey with more fight and spirit in them than 27 does. its almost like since he plays with 19 so much, that 19s demeanor has rubbed off on him more and more.

hes a crap leader, he will always be a crap leader. the blues are gonna have to do what the sharks did a few years ago to Jumbo Joe and strip him off the C. you cant let these soft crybabies be the face and leader of your team if you wanna win the West.

If that is your opinion that's fine. But I didn't see these comments blaming his leadership when the Blues rocketed out of the starting gate in their first 20 games and we were one of the top teams in the league, or again I didn't see questions about his leadership during a playoff run or during our struggles last season. Either that was your feelings during those times, or you're looking for a scapegoat and found it in him.

Fact is even when we rocketed out of the gate there were glaring holes in our roster. Those same weak points are still there, and have been exploited.

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
One thing about afternoon games is that it's time to make dinner right around the time the anti-depressants kick-in....

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Dallas Stars fan comes in peace ....

It was a battle of goaltenders today for sure, the end was crazy but that’s to be expected.

I do have a question for y’all and I mean no disrespect when I say this but what’s yalls identy ?!?!? Defense, offense, fast, gritty ?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

It was a battle of goaltenders today for sure, the end was crazy but that’s to be expected.

I do have a question for y’all and I mean no disrespect when I say this but what’s yalls identy ?!?!? Defense, offense, fast, gritty ?
Our identity is slow and predictable, we are especially effective with it on the power play.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

Our identity is having an uncanny ability to depress blues fans. But in seriousness, we don’t have one.

IveGotTheBlues

Mar 3, 2018
The main point to remember is the Blues were a playoff team, Hitch left, Yeo took over. This is what a year of being under Yeo looks like. I'm all for him being an assistant coach but not head coach. Stillman needs to do something starting yesterday. Is this how the Wild looked under Yeo? They did play a really good 2.5 periods. I hope they play tough the rest the season despite the nay sayers and whatever situation they are in. A playoff miss would not be the end of the world either. Not that I want them to tank, that is just rediculous and the cowards way out. So I am hoping they suck just enough to miss the playoffs by at least 6 points.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

The year of the suck.

That’s how it will be remembered.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Our identity is slow and predictable, we are especially effective with it on the power play.
I litterly just lold

In my opinion y’all need to play a structured defensive style system to succeed. Kinda like Hitchcock hockey.

Y’all might not have a seguin, Benn or radulov but y’all do have some very nice offensive pieces. Y’all are a good team, just with a crappy coach. I never liked him and thought that it was a mistake to grab him.

Y’all should hire Dave Tippett

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Bendak...you're not supposed to like the Dallas fan's posts! :facepalm:
Y’all should hire Dave Tippett, I think that he is a perfect fit for y’all.

I don’t hate the blues, I kinda like y’all lol

I hate the ducks with the passion lol

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Well that’s just it, we are stuck in limbo right between two identities. We’ve slowly been shedding our Defensive, Gritty, style and 2 summers ago made the decision to retool into the speed and skill game that has become the bulk of today’s NHL teams. Unfortunately we are a bit late in doing so, I think what you’re seeing this year from us is what I expected last year. The step back to move forward season. So really we are a hodge lodge of everything, we have some speed and skill guys, some bulky gritty guys, mixed with a handful of underperformers left over from the gritty, defensive days, and rookies in their growing pains and sophomore slumps. Combine that with some bottom 6 type players filling top 6 roles and that’s the Blues. Also we have many players who are just struggling in general, some have been recently, and some have been from the start in October but were covered up by the wins early on. Add in some injuries to key players for good measure.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
IMO Stillman needs to fire Armstrong first, Armstrong held Hitchcock accountable by firing him.... Now the Blues are in the same position as last year and Stillman needs to hold Armstrong accountable.

I doubt it happens though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad