Half-Assed GDT: Playoff team vs. golf team | prime time for Europe - early time for NA people

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Y’all should hire Dave Tippett, I think that he is a perfect fit for y’all.

I don’t hate the blues, I kinda like y’all lol

I hate the ducks with the passion lol
Not a huge fan of Tippett tbh, what makes you think he'd be a perfect fit?

The one real issue I have with Yeo is the PP this season. I understand losing Shatty is going to hurt, but at this point it's not just about personnel. I'd love to hear input from someone with more systems knowledge than I, but to my eyes, there has been ZERO improvement or really noticeable change (other than moving Steen off the point) in our PP all season, despite us SUCKING on the PP all year. I'm honestly open to moving Steen back to the point...not like our PP is going to get any worse, and maybe his struggles earlier this year were more injury related?

Reactions: Bendak

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Well that’s just it, we are stuck in limbo right between two identities. We’ve slowly been shedding our Defensive, Gritty, style and 2 summers ago made the decision to retool into the speed and skill game that has become the bulk of today’s NHL teams. Unfortunately we are a bit late in doing so, I think what you’re seeing this year from us is what I expected last year. The step back to move forward season. So really we are a hodge lodge of everything, we have some speed and skill guys, some bulky gritty guys, mixed with a handful of underperformers left over from the gritty, defensive days, and rookies in their growing pains and sophomore slumps. Combine that with some bottom 6 type players filling top 6 roles and that’s the Blues. Also we have many players who are just struggling in general, some have been recently, and some have been from the start in October but were covered up by the wins early on. Add in some injuries to key players for good measure.
Makes sense, I do believe that Dave Tippett would turn things around but from the sound of things y’all want to be fast and join the new age of hockey so I’m not sure that tippet is the right coach then.

Maybe just give the job to Steve ott lol

I’m sure that he would play a aggressive style

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
Dallas Stars fan comes in peace ....

It was a battle of goaltenders today for sure, the end was crazy but that’s to be expected.

I do have a question for y’all and I mean no disrespect when I say this but what’s yalls identy ?!?!? Defense, offense, fast, gritty ?

Anemic offence, positionally sound - but polite - defence, questionable goaltending.

A better answer might come from the coach, or GM, just leave the owner alone; I like the owner, and I need his hand steady enough to sign the checks.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016

The one real issue I have with Yeo is the PP this season. I understand losing Shatty is going to hurt, but at this point it's not just about personnel. I'd love to hear input from someone with more systems knowledge than I, but to my eyes, there has been ZERO improvement or really noticeable change (other than moving Steen off the point) in our PP all season, despite us SUCKING on the PP all year. I'm honestly open to moving Steen back to the point...not like our PP is going to get any worse, and maybe his struggles earlier this year were more injury related?
Because I think tippet is a great old school coach. I just think that it would fit yalls team

For the lololols y’all should just make Steve ott the coach.

Y’all would play a aggressive high pace in you’re face game for sure if he was in charge.

Sean Avery as a Asistent and ott as the head coach

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Makes sense, I do believe that Dave Tippett would turn things around but from the sound of things y’all want to be fast and join the new age of hockey so I’m not sure that tippet is the right coach then.

Maybe just give the job to Steve ott lol

I’m sure that he would play a aggressive style

I don’t know much about Tippet to be honest. I wanted the Blues to make a play for Gerard Gallant when he was available. Idk if that happened or not. But that’s the type of coach I’d prefer, someone in that fold.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
IMO Stillman needs to fire Armstrong first, Armstrong held Hitchcock accountable by firing him.... Now the Blues are in the same position as last year and Stillman needs to hold Armstrong accountable.

I doubt it happens though.

I legitimately hope it doesn't. For as pissed as we all are, and we are, even before the year the vast majority of us acknowledged this was a transition year. That hasn't changed, we just have made the mediocre season be as painful as possible.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Well it was nice chatting with y’all. Unfortunately i have to hit the hay early tonight, going down to the lake down yander tomorrow to go fishing with my uncul Tommy.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

You are right, it's hard to imagine the PP could be any worse. Real head scratcher. It's as if none of these guys have ever played the power play before. But please, no Steen on point! I beg you!

aceoutdoor

Jun 7, 2012
Everything else aside, Steve Ott would have these guys motivated and ready to play at gametime. The pats on the back and whispers in the ear from Yeo has not been rewarded with much buy in from this group.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Everything else aside, Steve Ott would have these guys motivated and ready to play at gametime. The pats on the back and whispers in the ear from Yeo has not been rewarded with much buy in from this group.

giphy.gif

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I litterly just lold

In my opinion y’all need to play a structured defensive style system to succeed. Kinda like Hitchcock hockey.

Y’all might not have a seguin, Benn or radulov but y’all do have some very nice offensive pieces. Y’all are a good team, just with a crappy coach. I never liked him and thought that it was a mistake to grab him.

Y’all should hire Dave Tippett
Tarasenko, Schwartz, and Schenn are right up there with those 3 players you just mentioned.

Tippett is not a coach I am interested in.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
We just got out of a defensive style system and are now moving out and getting players that fit a speedier style. I'm not down with going right back into a defense heavy style and ruining an offseason of retooling.

Reactions: mk80 and Bendak

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
In my opinion y’all need to play a structured defensive style system to succeed. Kinda like Hitchcock hockey.

Yeah about that Hitchcock style of hockey. We tried it, just one of those things that sours over time. Kinda like how Dallas grew tired of it the early 2000’s.

I’d like a more Alain Vigneault style of coach. More of a balanced system rather than a defense first.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Yeah about that Hitchcock style of hockey. We tried it, just one of those things that sours over time. Kinda like how Dallas grew tired of it the early 2000’s.

I’d like a more Alain Vigneault style of coach. More of a balanced system rather than a defense first.
Hitch has a shelf life that is inversely proportional to the amount of youth and speed on the team.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Cooler Berglund strikes again.

Hopefully Jaskin plays with Schwartz and Schenn forever. He obviously is the long last missing top 6 RW. Well him or Berglund either one.

Pietrangelo is a great D but he’s a not a winner. He’s not nearly aggressive enough to be a captain. To get sat on by Benn, face planted on the ice as Benn gets up, and to only respond with words screams he’s way too passive. Take a 10 minute misconduct and shove your fist down Benn’s throat before he can even drop his gloves. Take the loss for all I care instead of being a little bitch.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
The main point to remember is the Blues were a playoff team, Hitch left, Yeo took over. This is what a year of being under Yeo looks like. I'm all for him being an assistant coach but not head coach. Stillman needs to do something starting yesterday. Is this how the Wild looked under Yeo? They did play a really good 2.5 periods. I hope they play tough the rest the season despite the nay sayers and whatever situation they are in. A playoff miss would not be the end of the world either. Not that I want them to tank, that is just rediculous and the cowards way out. So I am hoping they suck just enough to miss the playoffs by at least 6 points.
It's exactly how the Wild looked under Yeo. Start out hot and when December roles around his team's start to crash. How has the PP coach not been fired yet? That's the biggest question.

TheGoose88

Sep 6, 2011
Stl
I would like AV but 90% of Rangers fans calling for his head kind of worries me.

Gotta take that with a grain of salt. Most fan bases grow tired of coaches after a few years anyway, especially if they haven't won the cup. As close as the Rangers have been, and competitive as they've been, it just reminds me a bit of Hitch / Stl.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
We just got out of a defensive style system and are now moving out and getting players that fit a speedier style. I'm not down with going right back into a defense heavy style and ruining an offseason of retooling.
Speedier does not mean less defensive. I want a faster, more aggressive team too, but the offence should not come at the expense of the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad