Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Preview: Washington Capitals (1st Metro) v Toronto Maple Leafs (2nd WildCard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I wanna see Komarov swapped with Hyman. Auston and Willy gonna have targets on their back and it'll get chippy

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
These hot takes are awesome honestly. It might just give that little extra incentive for the team to rally around and to play out of their minds.

We've seen countless of upsets in the playoffs before. Not sure why this one is impossible?

What past upset would compare to the Leafs winning this one?

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
No Zaitsev oh boy.. Rise above it boys! Should play Marchenko. Though knowing the leafs they give maricin the green light.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
What past upset would compare to the Leafs winning this one?

2010. Canadiens over the Capitals.

Caps had a 121 point season. Habs had 88 points.

2006. Oilers over the Red Wings was also pretty big.

Oilers went to the Finals that season after a 95 point season. Red Wings were top 2 in goals for and goals against, and had 113 points that season.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Thats actually pretty steep. That sets us at a 25% win probability which is pretty accurate

Edit: Current odds on Pinnacle are 3.3-1 payout which puts us closer to 20% WP

Interesting. I'd bet 3:1 on them winning a game, no way I'd bet that on the series.

Which is would have greater odds, Leafs winning or getting swept?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
No Zaitsev?

Ruh roh.

The offense better come out blazing cause the Caps are probably gonna pot a few goals ... Unless Andy stands on his head the entire night.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Oilers went to the Finals that season after a 95 point season. Red Wings were top 2 in goals for and goals against, and had 113 points that season.

Good examples, thanks.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
My guess is that Marincin moves the puck better and is actually useful on the pk?

...Marincin handles the puck like a grenade. It's really bad.

Neither are great options but since Zaitsev is a RHD, Marchenko to me is a better option as he's a natural RHD.

Moving Rielly to the right and pairing him with Hunwick is uh... not good.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Tomorrow is not coming fast enough :rant:

Ovi is crying and cursing his bad luck. He knows that Matthews, Marner, Nylander, JVR and Kadri are coming and he's scared.

No one will blame him if he wets his bed tonight

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Neither are great options but since Zaitsev is a RHD, Marchenko to me is a better option as he's a natural RHD.

Ya I never meant to imply he was a good puck mover, just better than Marchenko.
Personally I would rather have Marchenko in too. But I'm not the coach. Let's see what he does.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada

Oilers had Pronger, Smyth, Hemsky, Peca, and Rolston... and Pisani went crazy.
All I remember with habs was halak turned into hasek.
Leafs don't have a Pronger or Peca, but if Anderson can turn into hasek and the rookies catch fire and JVR and Kadri step it up then we might have a chance... Brown can be this years Fernando Pisani.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm a fan but a realist, but we're a team who can't afford to lose one of our top 4 defenseman.

Hard to not see a sweep or 5 game series at this point. I'll be cheering hard regardless.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Marincin is decent when paired with a puck mover. When paired with a guy like Polak, he's an absolute disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad