Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Preview: Washington Capitals (1st Metro) v Toronto Maple Leafs (2nd WildCard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Anyone who says that has no understanding of probability.

Based on betting markets and most models I've seen, Leafs have about a 25% chance of winning the series. Probably a little lower if Zaitsev is out.

Last edited:

Grabovski

Aug 12, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
That's a pretty bold statement to make. We could get lucky and win a couple series and next thing you know we're in the finals and win it. Leicester City had a 5000/1 odd to win the Premier League at the beginning of last season but they still won. And I wouldn't say our odds are that low.

JonnyMacAwesome

Jan 27, 2016
Ottawa, ON
That's a pretty bold statement to make. We could get lucky and win a couple series and next thing you know we're in the finals and win it. Leicester City had a 5000/1 odd to win the Premier League at the beginning of last season but they still won. And I wouldn't say our odds are that low.

I think I saw on theScore our odds to win the cup were 25/1 ...so not nearly as bad as 5000/1.

You're right we could get a bit lucky and have things go our way quite a bit. Only time will tell.

Let's go Leafs!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How many are betting on the Leafs to win this Series? Payout must be pretty good.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
These hot takes are awesome honestly. It might just give that little extra incentive for the team to rally around and to play out of their minds.

We've seen countless of upsets in the playoffs before. Not sure why this one is impossible?

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Marincin in the top 4 is going to be...fun

RHD depth: Carrick, Polak (presumably playing injured), Marincin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad