Post-Game Talk: Playin' Golf Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Florida fan here.

I went to school with a few friends from Nashville, so over time I've been to Predators games at various points during their evolution.

I went the last game of the season this year against CBJ. It was the best experience I've had at a live hockey game.

My thoughts on the series are as follows:

- NSH vs WPG should have been the WCF
- Hellebuyck outplayed Rinne
- WPG is one of only two teams that has more forward depth than Nashville, which negated the advantage NSH had on the blue line
- NSH took too many undisciplined penalties
- Arguably you could say that WPG won the series because they got Paul Stasny at the deadline, while Ryan Hartman did not have the impact he should have

Laviolette is a good coach. He should not be fired.

The roster is excellent. Probably need to do some tinkering with the top 9 to maximize its potential. The team needs another scoring winger (Tolvanen ?). I was surprised he didn't get a look during the playoffs.

Not sure that Fisher, Hartnell, and Hartman did enough this series. They weren't bad, but WPG's fourth line is excellent at driving possession for a fourth line.

I think the team should move on from Rinne, he is too inconsistent.

I was impressed with the fans cheering at the end of Game 7.

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Just wanted to pop over and do the "handshake line" style post. Preds are a hell of a team and this series could really have gone either way. I was rooting for you guys last year in the playoffs but had to cheer against you as my Jets were in it this year. You guys have a great team all around and an even greater fan base which mirrors our own. I apologize for the ignorant Jets fans you may have encountered along the way (every teams got theirs) but when you've got a passionate fan base its expected that some will over step and misrepresent the group. Unfortunately seeing as both the Preds and Jets are going to dominate the Central for the next 5-10 years we're going to be bitter rivals for it but in the end I hope, (much like the players do) after a long hard battle we can shake hands and agree that these teams are fairly equal, and the fan bases are both amazing!

Thanks for the great hockey this past series!

Sincerely, A Winnipeg Jets Die Hard Fan

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
why in the mother **** are **** thrashers fans posting in this thread?
I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's for the same reason you'd post in theirs had we won. ;-)

I don't hate Winnipeg--and honestly I did before the series began. They've mostly been respectful of our team. No one played dirty, just hard. It was a good series--both had successes and failures. Jets had more fire.

The Preds had season goals. Of course they wanted the Cup, every team playing did. Other two goals: get to playoffs, get home advantage. They did that. But once they achieved their goals, they didn't have the energy to step it up for the post season and they were out of the habit of having to work for it. I guess the lesson here is to have more goals between regular season and the Cup.

No more pie for this season. Oh, well, I'll work on some new recipes for next season. We need a little change-up occasionally, keep everyone on their toes.

Go Preds!

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
Count me in on the just make the playoffs next year, forget all the other accolades train. Just look at the Capitals, we look kinda like them from their team last year. Lets be more like this years Capitals team next year.

Reactions: Aardvarksson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad