Post-Game Talk: Playin' Golf Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
We got dummied. I honestly don't know of any lasting memories I'll take away from this season.

I'll take away the President's Trophy and Central Division title. They weren't looking great towards the end of the season and had to fight their way to just get that. I knew then they would have trouble in the post season also and so was just glad they were able to pull that off. So I was proud of the team for that.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Pred fans you guys have a tremendous young team...you will be competing for Hockey's top prize for years to come....I think just a little more offensive talent and you guys are set....I mean even now your roster is brilliant...I know it sucks right now for you guys but you are an elite squad that should be great for years to come!
The sentiment is really nice, but I'm so tired of hearing this shit year after year. We've added Neal, Forsberg, Arvy, Johansen, Fiala, Turris over the last few seasons and it's still just that one offensive talent away. Same song and dance. It's just a convenient mirage.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Guys just remember except for last year, this team had never gotten pass the second round before. Last year was just a special team/special year where it wasn't just one player or line that would score but everybody and you would never know who would score because it was always someone else different that would step up from game to game. We didn't have that this year. Until we get some real offensive power up front though besides our 1st line (or just hope every guy/bunch of guys contributes offensively like last year), think it will be hard to get past the second round or further next year also, especially if our defense/defensive play/goal tending keeps on giving up goals.

Last edited:

Steelers

Apr 19, 2015
If you’ve ever visited Winnipeg you would understand. It’s the ghetto of Canada, too cold in the winter, infested with bugs in the summer and riddled with crime and violence. They’re just insecure that their city sucks and they will probably lost their team again in the future.
Been to both.... very similar cities. Trust me

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Just wanted to stop by. Just a few thoughts about your team.

The Preds have a great team and great coach. As an outsider, I watched their run last year and jumped on the bandwagon. When they play their tenacious speed game, control the neutral zone, and play as a unit they are unstoppable. Not a team in the league can beat them when they are in that mode.

With that said, far too often this postseason they swayed from the things that make them the best team in the league. At times they couldn’t convert two passes in a row; for a team that relies on transition and counterattack, that is not going to work.

Forsberg is a beast, he’s a full 200 ft. force out there and silky smooth.

Need to upgrade on Turris. He’s an adequate 2nd liner, but with the makeup of your team you need an upgrade as a Cup contender.

Is Rinne the goalie that is going to get in your way of a cup run? Not sure what happened with him. Maybe parley him into more top end forward talent; along w Turris.

Sorry for the rambling, just my thoughts.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The sentiment is really nice, but I'm so tired of hearing this **** year after year. We've added Neal, Forsberg, Arvy, Johansen, Fiala, Turris over the last few seasons and it's still just that one offensive talent away. Same song and dance. It's just a convenient mirage.

Rangers have 1 cup in like 80 years or something along those lines. It often takes more than just having a good team.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Rangers have 1 cup in like 80 years or something along those lines. It often takes more than just having a good team.
I'm just saying the "one more forward" or "need a gamebreaker" shit is getting tired. That wasn't why we lost this series. Yes, the Jets were arguably more talented than us. No, John Tavares in gold does not change the outcome. We could have, and should have, done better with that roster. It wasn't a talent problem, it was a system, execution, composure problem.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I can't believe Rinne let in those first two goals but on the other hand, I can totally believe he let in those first two goals. Saw him do it in person in game 6 of the 2006 Calder Cup Finals and the game was basically over 15 minutes in.

Reactions: Oryxo

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I'm just saying the "one more forward" or "need a gamebreaker" **** is getting tired. That wasn't why we lost this series. Yes, the Jets were arguably more talented than us. No, John Tavares in gold does not change the outcome. We could have, and should have, done better with that roster. It wasn't a talent problem, it was a system, execution, composure problem.

While it's nice to have top forward talent, if you want to get far in the playoffs you really need a team that is just clicking on all cylinders as a team and different people contributing. We just didn't have that this year in the playoffs compared to last year but even w/ that we still got far in these playoffs if you think about it. Except for last year's run, going to game 7 in the second round would have been seen as an achievement w/ this Preds organization that had never seen a game 7 in the second round up until a couple of years ago. That just shows how far we have come, where now losing in game 7 in the second round seems like a disappointment but a few years ago that would have been seen as a big accomplishment. No matter what this team is still better than all the other Predator's team we have iced imo except maybe last year's team. The only different is after last year's run, the expectation was just higher.

Last edited:
Reactions: Licentia

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Hey guys. Just offering a #handshake. Series could have gone either way. It was a strange one and not what I would have expected. Too may lopsided results.

Game 2 was epic. The others ones were kinda meh. Not as fun as our regular season tilts.

Looks like a good rivalry for the next couple of years.

Not sure what the deal was with Rinne. Very inconsistent this series. :p

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Uh oh, we lost, time for the exiles to return and tell us how they were right about everything. :rolleyes:

Well I did say we would win game 6 but lose game 7 and I was for Hartnell to be in the lineup when we were losing and was for breaking up the 2nd line and keeping Hartnell on the second line. Lavy didn't listen to me about keeping Hartnell on the second line and kept that second line together tonight but he did put Saros in instead of Rinne. So I was right about most alot of things except we probably should have put Rinne back in the third period and just hoped he got his head on straight, since I was wrong about putting Saros in game 7 cause Saros wasn't the answer either even though he did have a good second period at least and didn't give up any softies at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: cheswick

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Rinne isn't going anywhere, but the last time we had a game 7, we got our doors blown off by SJ and the main culprit, Shea Weber, was soon gone. Saros isn't perfect, but it'll be interesting to see if this game 7 disaster springboards him towards the starter's crease.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Giving up that 3-0 lead in game 3 really stings now.

That goes back to the inconsistence w/ this year's team. If they would have played that game w/ a whole 60 minute effort, we would have probably won that game but instead we let up/put our foot off the pedal and lost that game. The what ifs for this team is endless. At the end of the day, we didn't get the job done and so shouldn't have expected to get further than we did. So I truly think even if we had gotten out of this round we would have still probably lost in another round anyways with how inconsistent we have played throughout the playoffs. There was just nothing easy for this team this year and we just weren't clicking on all cylinders like we needed to be to get far into the playoffs.

Last edited:

gee

Jun 28, 2007
Winnipeg
please dont pay attention to the toddlers. this was a fun series, you have a great team, and your arena was hopping. those kids that are gloating are cacks that arent representative of the majority.

Reactions: Coach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad