Post-Game Talk: Playin' Golf Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
That was such a letdown. The worst performers for the Preds in that series: Rinne was garbage, and Turris contributed almost nothing while his #2c counterpart on the Jets Stastny was excellent.

Reactions: adsfan

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
When I watched the Jets press conference interviews the other day about how they need to have a better first period, I knew they were gunning to score first. The Preds probably should have watched it and maybe they would have known they would need to have a great first period if they wanted to win this game. They weren't as tight in the first period as they needed/should have been in the first defensively and it costed us especially w/ Rinne giving up softies/not being as sharp or focused as needed in the first.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
He was horrible in the Colorado series too, it wasnt his size that was the issue.

His positioning and speed were off too, but I really noticed him getting muscled around by the Jets on numerous occasions.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Also too bad how things didn't really go the way it was scripted for the whole Fisher return and everything. We all love him so much, but something never quite clicked with his return, and then for it to end like that for him sidelined and the team in a funk, that wasn't how it was supposed to go, alas.

I'm thinking he probably should have just stayed retired and gone out being on top but with how well the team was playing in the regular season, I don't blame him for giving it another try. Think for his own good though he should just retire especially w/ him being injury prone and getting injured again. He will still be one of my favorite players though especially in his prime and how he led this team as captain to go the furthest this team has ever gone w/ last year's run, which was something special.

Last edited:
Reactions: jorel

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Oh and dear Jets fans stop send unsolicited messages gloating to Preds fans that the Refs tried to help us. At least be somewhat gracious in winning.
Think of it this way, they won't get any more obnoxious if they actually do win the Cup, but the dogpile they've created will be f***ing beautiful if they happen to get bounced.

Tempfan99

Apr 16, 2017
Montreal
i wasnt reading the thread so im curious if people blamed Rinne for the first goal? second goal yeah but first?? sports people are so results oriented but that was pure freaking luck. if you watch an image of his posture before the puck went in ud never think it could go in. puck luck was so much on jets side this serie.

i still think preds would have won this serie 6 times out of 10.

its too bad because i really think they did deserve it last year and this year.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Pred fans you guys have a tremendous young team...you will be competing for Hockey's top prize for years to come....I think just a little more offensive talent and you guys are set....I mean even now your roster is brilliant...I know it sucks right now for you guys but you are an elite squad that should be great for years to come!

Reactions: irunthepeg and gee

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
i wasnt reading the thread so im curious if people blamed Rinne for the first goal? second goal yeah but first?? sports people are so results oriented but that was pure freaking luck. if you watch an image of his posture before the puck went in ud never think it could go in. puck luck was so much on jets side this serie.

i still think preds would have won this serie 6 times out of 10.

its too bad because i really think they did deserve it last year and this year.

First one wasn't Rinne's fault per se (the hole was laughably small) but that kinda stuff seems to happen to him often. Same kind of bad luck, if you wanna call it that, in the SCF last year.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
dd13e6e01c421f8496b86108427dbecc.png

Go with positivity forwards though, tonight was tonight.
Chin to the chest and towards new disappointments.
No tears left to cry. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad