Value of: Players on your team you wouldn't trade for the 2019 1st OA

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Hughes is probably already better than Kotkaniemi, I don’t get it with him. Every time I watch I’m underwhelmed and most of his points are secondary assists. Yes, I know he’s young and has lots of room to grow.
speak for yourself.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
he has 8 secondary assists and 24 points that are not secondary assists, so no most of his points are not secondary assists. To add he has 13 primary assists so he doesnt even have more secondaries then he has primaries.

As a leafs fan hes my fav player to watch on the habs, very dynamic, skates well and highly skilled, has a good sense for the game and good iq. He has potential to be a top 10 center in the game.

but yeah the habs would/should 100% make that trade imho
100%? lmao. more like slim chances. More than happy with Kotka over Hughes.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I respect your opinion and McCarty was a fine player but when he played there were a lot of players who did what he did. There is nobody in this league at this moment who plays the way Wilson does. Zero, nobody. He is a huge factor and will be much more important to my team for the next few years than Hughes could ever be. It's obviously the wrong choice in the long term but if short term involves Caps winning another Cup, I frankly don't give a ****

We don't win the Cup last year without Wilson. Simmonds is not it. He used to be but those days are gone.
Perhaps this is why Ottawa chose to take Tkachuk rather than keeping the potential 2019 1st overall. Brady has the potential to be a nasty piece of business... with hands.

member 147413

Petan

It’s not often you acquire a goal per game player.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
For the Sabres: Dahlin

I'd debate about Eichel but I'd probably stick with Eichel. Anyone else is open.

Even though the Sabres rebuild feels a little stalled, I don't know that this is the best time for a full reset by swapping Eichel for Hughes. In Eichel, you have a Sure Thing, who's about to hit his most productive years. Hughes could take 4-5 years to get to Eichel's current level. Even if Hughes eventually surpasses Eichel, and I think most people would bet on Eichel, it'll take a while.

I can't see the Sabres even considering that move, really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad