GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 18 - on borrowed time?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Also in football news, some wanker did racial abuse against one of the Gunners in the Leeds game. I haven’t read too deep into it but I don’t think Arteta said who it was against and what comment it was.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What's he wrong about? The vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting or spreading the virus. The vaccine doesn't even prevent you from getting it once and be done with it, as you can get it multiple times. The only thing it does it lower the symptoms and severity. But with these athletes they aren't typically getting severe symptoms, usually mild as best.

All these cancelations in Europe and North America are because of vaccinated players testing positive with no symptoms. They either need to test less or let them play if asymptomatic. This is going to keep becoming a problem if they are going to test as frequently as they do and be so strict with their quarantine rules.
I’m all for postponing games to stop the spread regardless and while some players are getting symptoms, which we hope for the best for them, you are right that majority are asymptomatic from what I have read.

Last edited:

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Footballers aren't even the biggest problem. I think that the understanding with Omicron in London at least is that if all the asymptomatic police staff, firemen and hospital staff are forced to be quaranteed, those services will collapse pretty soon. So the options are not to test those persons without symptoms or simply ignore the test results.

London also has the lowest vaccination rate in the country at 70%. Amongst certain demographics it's as low as 30%

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Chalobah playing as CM today because we have no one else to start.

Chelsea's bench has 6 players on it, two of whom are keepers, one of whom is Saul. Good shit, very good shit.
Really we have a bench of Sarr, Kovacic, and Barkley.

"Never Call Saul" was a comment I saw on reddit. :laugh:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chelsea game should be postponed if that’s what they requested. Especially after the last postponement with Villa yesterday.

Several trains from Liverpool to London already cancelled but of course that game is going to happen too.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Shouldn't that be a red?

Edit: hit his chest first, may have gotten lucky there.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Absolutely stonewall hand ball and red card. And not given anything.

Edit: that last look maybe it was off his chest.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
In 95% of those cases, the referee gives that on the spot with VAR looking for a reason to overturn, which they never would in that case. There's no way he knew that hit off his chest first, he just decided not to give it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Horrific defending. Alonso peeled off Dendoncker and let him have a free header.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad