GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 18 - on borrowed time?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This shit never makes sense to me. Because to be over 99% vaccinated, you have to have over 990 players. Unless you're counting stewards, etc, this number is basically impossible. And if you're counting all of those types of people, then the number becomes meaningless because the real question is the number of first team players and staff that are double vaxxed.

Unless of course you're 100% vaccinated but then why wouldn't you just say 100% vaccinated

Technically you just need 101 people to get over 99% if you have 100/101.

101 seems high, but if you include all of the training staff and miscellaneous every day workers it wouldn’t be surprising for a club like LFC to have 101 full time employees.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
This shit never makes sense to me. Because to be over 99% vaccinated, you have to have over 990 players. Unless you're counting stewards, etc, this number is basically impossible. And if you're counting all of those types of people, then the number becomes meaningless because the real question is the number of first team players and staff that are double vaxxed.

Unless of course you're 100% vaccinated but then why wouldn't you just say 100% vaccinated

I get your point, but I don't think it would make much difference regarding public/media reaction if he would have said the factually corrent thing, that they're are over 98% vaccinated.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Technically you just need 101 people to get over 99% if you have 100/101.

101 seems high, but if you include all of the training staff and miscellaneous every day workers it wouldn’t be surprising for a club like LFC to have 101 full time employees.
talks about how people are statistically illiterate
is statistically illiterate

Reactions: hatterson

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That is great to hear!
Yeah I mean if you look at Klopp’s press conferences over the last week it’s very obvious what side that he is on here. Probably can’t link without controversy but let’s say he doesn’t have a lot of respect for the anti-vax community

Reactions: robertmac43

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Five games out of six have already been postponed today... The Premier League can't keep ignoring the elephant in the room by not putting the season on pause.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The only way a full shutdown would actually make sense would be if the plan was to have players go back to near quarantine restrictions. Shut down for two weeks to clear active cases and then have them live in a bubble until things fade society wide.

The issue is that basically no one is proposing actually bubbling players. It’s just shut down for a couple weeks and hope things get better. There’s no safety difference between that and just continuing testing and isolation protocols and postponing games when teams have issues.

It’s better to get some games out of the way than to cancel everything.

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
In my fantasy EPL game this week, I still have 11 players from not-yet-cancelled games, and my opponent has 4. The thing is, all 4 of his players (Tierney, White, Saka, Harrison) are from the LEE-ARS game that is going on right now. I have 2 players in this game (Raphinha and Lacazette). So if all the games tomorrow are cancelled, then I'm in trouble. If not, my opponent is. :)

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
The only way a full shutdown would actually make sense would be if the plan was to have players go back to near quarantine restrictions. Shut down for two weeks to clear active cases and then have them live in a bubble until things fade society wide.

The issue is that basically no one is proposing actually bubbling players. It’s just shut down for a couple weeks and hope things get better. There’s no safety difference between that and just continuing testing and isolation protocols and postponing games when teams have issues.

It’s better to get some games out of the way than to cancel everything.

Yeah, unless we go back to no fans and bubbling players, I see no point in pausing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad