GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 18 - on borrowed time?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Great anticipation, great defensive understanding, great pass. Nice one, Granit Xhaka.

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Sancho 100 millions...and wages

Lukaku.Werner 160 mil plus insane wage

Lil boy from Brazil 2 mil on cheap wages...

1 of them is producing at Elite level...

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Lacazette should've scored twice

he's great but misses so many sitters. Anyway, he's been key to pull his defender so Martinelli can run into space and score, but man gotta finish better

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Leeds has Raphinha and that's it. None of the other guys can make plays. Their midfield is pure garbage and their back 4 is slow and often exposed due to no pressing up front (they get caught on no mans land often).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Leeds looks more open than I have seen a team in forever. Obviously, there are some key omissions due to injury...but my goodness this team is in dire need of 3 points. With all the games in hand from teams below them, it looks like Bielsa's side will really be dragged into a relegatoin scrap

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Leeds looks more open than I have seen a team in forever. Obviously, there are some key omissions due to injury...but my goodness this team is in dire need of 3 points. With all the games in hand from teams below them, it looks like Bielsa's side will really be dragged into a relegatoin scrap
I know some people here are huge fans of Bielsa's system and it is entertaining when working, but his lack of flexibility is costing them.

Reactions: robertmac43

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Corruption ensuring that's not a red...

Explain to me how that's not red?
Agree. And I'm getting so irritated with this "clear and obvious" bar. Why not let the referee decide if his original decision was wrong at the monitor? That one obviously warranted another look at least.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Leeds has Raphinha and that's it. None of the other guys can make plays. Their midfield is pure garbage and their back 4 is slow and often exposed due to no pressing up front (they get caught on no mans land often).

A bit unfair to Cooper and swiss knife Dallas, but yeah, 3 players does not a team make.

Reactions: John Pedro

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Xhaka stops a FK, ref talks to him. 10 seconds later he goes straight leg studs right on a guys ankle with a ton of weight...doesn't even get a conversation from the ref.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I know some people here are huge fans of Bielsa's system and it is entertaining when working, but his lack of flexibility is costing them.

I like him, but that's a very hard system to work with lesser talent. When he's got his full roster, Leeds usually a handfull for any team in the league

Reactions: bluesfan94

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
And Leeds gets a yellow for the same tackle 30 seconds later lol

It's not even the same tackle it's actually way milder. Xhaka was studs onto the top/side of the ankle with basically all his weight. The leeds one was to the side of the foot without weight behind (but still force).

Should still be a yellow, but it's inexcusable to let Xhaka off and then let him stand there and laugh and then give a yellow out a minute later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad