GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 16 & 17

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
There's no better RW in the league that's better than Saka, after Salah. Saka is better than Mahrez. Unreal performance yet again from Bukayo.

Martinelli is the one who should be praised today. He’s been stellar last couple of games. I have so high hopes on that guy. He can become crazy good if things works out for him in the long run.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Anthony Taylor is massively favoring West Ham here. Can they stop getting every call?

This post aged well. I can understand giving the (very weak) penalty but that's never a yellow card, especially a second one. Coufal's face said it all.

Also bush league stuff from Arteta and Martinelli. No class.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Anthony Taylor wearing an Arsenal kit under his shirt.
Lol, Taylor was rubbish no doubt. The problem is he signified the wrong penalty, West Ham could've had like three legit ones tonight, but penalised you lot on the only one where Coufal actually touched the ball (hilariously bad). Arsenal deserved a penalty on the scissor kick one when Saka was about to aim and got his ankle destroyed by a ridiculously clumsy challenge.

Why does Arteta insist on putting Nketiah on?
Nudes mate, only way I can explain how a below-average vanilla player can get the amount of minutes he has this season.

Saliba, Mavropanos, White, and Gabriel is a pretty solid CB core
Not all are going to stay with us and I still think White was a useless signing. I've watched majority of Saliba in Marseilles and he isn't any different than White currently.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This post aged well. I can understand giving the (very weak) penalty but that's never a yellow card, especially a second one. Coufal's face said it all.

Also bush league stuff from Arteta and Martinelli. No class.
The second yellow was atrocious... and the penalty was weak as you say.. it really feels like the prem just wants goals and if that means questionable penalties every weekend... so be it.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I just realized that the Burnley-Watford game was postponed due to Watford having an outbreak. I fear things will only get worse too...

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Poor reffing, diving was a bit cringe, but I did think we played a good game, which was a pleasant surprise

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Even that sounds optimistic
I think the hope is that you shut down and isolate everyone for a few weeks to stop the transmission through the clubs. Right now you'll just keep getting cases spreading from club to club.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Going to be interesting to see how all these postponed matches are made up. Will the schedule come European knockouts be more intense? Could be good for Arsenal and Brighton if that is the case.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton need a break bad. They’re in free fall
A break won't hurt, that is for sure. Lots of injuries are impacting the play at the moment which does not help the free fall.

Still sitting in a decent spot, a win jumps 2 teams. So I'm not too worried.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Are all these positives symptomatic? If asymptomatic let them play, the cases aren't going away. You'll just be having this same issue a month from now. If they are sick then sure shut it down but here in the states 90% are vaccinated and asymptomatic but yet have to quarantine, which makes no sense.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Are all these positives symptomatic? If asymptomatic let them play, the cases aren't going away. You'll just be having this same issue a month from now. If they are sick then sure shut it down but here in the states 90% are vaccinated and asymptomatic but yet have to quarantine, which makes no sense.

What I've heard is that there is a very large contingent of unvaccinated players in the PL.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

That's a pretty asinine idea, letting players spread it to other players. f*** player safety! I want my football! f*** your health!

:facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad