GWT: PL Matchweek around New Years

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
This might be an unpopular thing to say but I think Kante is really wasteful in possession in the final third. He shouldn't be in those positions in general and should be staying back. Also Havertz is like usual useless as a striker so imagine my happiness to see him replaced with CHO (jk, he's even more useless up front). Tbh Lukaku would've been good here and that interview was uncomfortable but it did bring up the topic of Tuchel's inability so far to really get his team's attack going.

Reactions: luiginb

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The best part of Kante is his ability to win the ball high up the pitch...
100% this. He's at his best when he's free to roam anywhere on the pitch and win the ball high. It catches the opposition with players behind the ball and allows Kante's team to counter with numbers.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Given that the 4 biggest clubs in the league are managed by 3 Germans and 1 Spaniard, I think the media would find it hard to single Tuchel out on account of nationality.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
City have been a bit fortunate with their wins lately but they are way too far ahead. If they drop this, it would be the biggest choke job in english football

I can only assume you were born after 1996.

Honourable mention: I can still remember driving home from work on a Friday afternoon listening to this, laughing my head off because I knew at that point that Liverpool had thrown the title away. Liverpool proceeded to draw the next three games, United won the next three.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lukaku might end up gone after one season due to this, but if Tuchel isn’t careful, he might not be too far behind. Chelsea isn’t having a great season. The players don’t like the system they play. Putting this all on Lukaku is missing the point. Tuchel has struggled in the past to get along with those at the clubs he works for. He’s a very good manager, but this and how conservative he tries to play in big games are the two weakest parts of his managerial style.

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Lukaku might end up gone after one season due to this, but if Tuchel isn’t careful, he might not be too far behind. Chelsea isn’t having a great season. ...
In other words you don't like Tuchel. They're top 3 and if they finish top 4 there's no way he's getting fired.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In other words you don't like Tuchel. They're top 3 and if they finish top 4 there's no way he's getting fired.

What? Never said I don’t like Tuchel. Dortmund hasn’t had a better manager since he left. I’d much prefer him to what we’ve had.

The goal for Chelsea is not top four. They aren’t United, Arsenal, or Spurs. Third and no trophies is a bad season for them. If that happens, he’s at least on the hot seat to start the season.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Loool Ronaldo should stay in the other teams box completely useless otherwise and almost gave wolves a gift

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad