GWT: PL Matchweek around New Years

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pogba had more G+A in one half than Sancho during a half season. One is a MF, the other a winger.

It's weird how after Pogba's great start to the season, as soon as Varane got injured, United began to have defensive and offensive problems which affected Pogba as well. It'll be interesting to see how he does with Rangnick.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I don’t think this is a hot take. Tottenham SHOULD be getting 4th. With Conte, It’s a failure if they don’t.

You say that looking at the club NOW. Saying that at the beginning of the season or when Conte came on board would be a hot take, but they have just gobbled up points since he arrived.

Nobody said that at the start of the year, it's not a failure to finish 5th given where the club was day 1.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
There's a bit of protection here with Tottenham, which is fine, but it's hardly a case of "wow, what a turnaround they look amazing" to me. Credit to them for picking up points, but they get an opposing player sent off three games in a row (with one notably not sent off), draw Southampton, and needed a 96th minute goal to beat Watford.

Reactions: AB13

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Anyone who saw the Arsenal - City game should hold Arsenal as clear favourites for top 4. They looked like the team that was leading the league by margin while City looked like the past seasons Arsenal. I haven't seen any other team playing that great vs City this season. Pity loss really but surely if they continue playing like that not only will they destroy Spurs in the NLD they will also be a lot closer to Chelsea and Liverpool than to the teams behind.

Reactions: S E P H

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Anyone who saw the Arsenal - City game should hold Arsenal as clear favourites for top 4. They looked like the team that was leading the league by margin while City looked like the past seasons Arsenal. I haven't seen any other team playing that great vs City this season. Pity loss really but surely if they continue playing like that not only will they destroy Spurs in the NLD they will also be a lot closer to Chelsea and Liverpool than to the teams behind.

Spurs took 3 points off City playing at their poorest, how many did Arsenal pickup playing at their best?

Enjoy the 2 losses to Liverpool this week.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Spurs took 3 points off City playing at their poorest, how many did Arsenal pickup playing at their best?

"Unlike Arsenal fans Spurs fans know their place and are humble!"

Proceeds to be arrogant because their team had limped in some favourable results.

Spurs still have to face Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City. Arsenal only have to face your shit lot and West Ham.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021

You can win single games by playing poor but in order to have longterm results you have to play good football. If Arsenal play like they did against City they will get results for sure. Spurs are not even close to that kind of football.

It’s only one game this week and i can say the same to you against Chelsea.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I would be surprised if we don’t knock out Liverpool considering AFCON is going on. Spurs will probably be knocked out against Chelsea though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
LOL i love seeing references to that Spurs v City win cause at the time some Spurs fans said that was the biggest win of the Premier League season.....on *checks calendar* Match week 1! Beating City is close enough to a trophy..... I guess.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Proceeds to be arrogant because their team had limped in some favourable results.

Spurs still have to face Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City. Arsenal only have to face your shit lot and West Ham.
We also play United, but nonetheless

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Never said Spurs were better. I said they got 3 points against City and Arsenal got 0. That's all that matters.

Spurs may get their ass kicked twice by Chelsea this week, sure.

Spurs are not a part of the 3 major clubs in England and know that. Arsenal fans still think they are on the same level as City/Liverpool/Chelsea and they aren't.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would be surprised if we don’t knock out Liverpool considering AFCON is going on. Spurs will probably be knocked out against Chelsea though.
If there is even a game

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Liverpool vs Chelsea
- LOL, Pulisic is so bad. Weren't there some people on here saying he was going to be world class? I swear there were...

- Kovacic goal was insane and utterly irreplicable if he tried to do that 99 other times out of 100.

- Second half was a dread feast. So damn boring and neither team wanted to push the other for mistakes.

Wolves vs United
- I told you lot, Rangnick is being over calculated in his approach. He reminds me a lot of Arteta's tactics, insanely rigid out there and players keeping to their position. Bruno has fallen off of a cliff though, absolutely killing my fantasy team.

Other
- Cornet is a brilliant player.
I would contribute a lot of that to playing at home (where Arsenal is very good at), if we played in Citeh, it would probably be a 0-4 loss.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
There's a bit of protection here with Tottenham, which is fine, but it's hardly a case of "wow, what a turnaround they look amazing" to me.

I don't think you watched enough of Spurs under Nuno then. The team has improved massively under Conte. Just that finishing has been pretty poor, and the XG charts back that up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad