Monday 3 January

Man Utd x Wolverhampton

Carabao Cup semis midweek

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t know how you fans of EPL teams tolerate the Festive Fixtures period. I get burnt out by late November and can’t wait for the winter break. I’d still watch these fixtures and do even without being a fan of a team in the league, but I don’t think I could expend that type of mental energy all season without any break.

And I think football takes up more mental energy than hockey. Regular season NHL games are 1 of 82, and for a lot of fans they know their team will be bad, so results don’t matter. For fans of semi-good or better football teams, every game feels like a must win game.

Last edited:

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I don’t know how you fans of EPL teams tolerate the Festive Fixtures period. I get burnt out by late November and can’t wait for the winter break. I’d still watch these fixtures and do even without being a fan of a team in the league, but I don’t think I could expend that type of mental energy all season without any break.

And I think football takes up more mental energy than hockey. Regular season NHL games are 1 of 82, and for a lot of fans they know their team will be bad, so results don’t matter. For fans of semi-good or better football teams, every game feels like a must win game.

There is a break between 23rd january to 10th february something like that. My guess though is that they will have to use this break to get back in business with all these postponed fixtures.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

It’s rough. Obviously when your team is winning it helps, but it’s my least favorite part of the season usually.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
An Arsenal win tomorrow would be such an amazing way to start the year. Especially because it involves waking up early post New Years eve.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

So, referencing your post above, Klopp arranged this to make things more even or is at least secretly happy :sarcasm:

I've never quite understood people fighting against thes type of thefts where assailants are armed. Seems like an unnecessary risk, unless it's something truly unique stuff, which can't be replaced. Otherwise, it's just materia, which your insurance will cover.

Reactions: Power Man

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
is it just me or does it seem like a lot of footballers in the northwest of england have their homes broken in to?

In the near future, probably more and more top footballers will require in their contracts security to be provided by the club to their recidence and family while they're away during matches.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So, referencing your post above, Klopp arranged this to make things more even or is at least secretly happy :sarcasm:

I've never quite understood people fighting against thes type of thefts where assailants are armed. Seems like an unnecessary risk, unless it's something truly unique stuff, which can't be replaced. Otherwise, it's just materia, which your insurance will cover.

I think people are just idiots in general. I was in the bank during a robbery and was more terrified of what someone else would do than what the robbers would do. All it takes is for one person to be an idiot and try to protect a huge bank's money and then a whole bank full of people gets shot to death.

Reactions: gary69

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Never a pen, and that dive from Ødegaard was disgusting, how he managed to f*ck that up so bad is kinda funny tbh

Reactions: gary69

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad