GWT: PL Matchweek 6

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arsenal crush the little brother Tottenham. United and Chelsea embarrased. Great Premier League weekend.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
giphy.gif

Reactions: AB13

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Here are my thoughts of the weekend...

- I don't have enough good words to say about Partey and Odegaard today. Effing unbelievable match from them with Odegaard being a tad better. He's really fitting into Artekkers system quite nicely.

- Every single player on the pitch was superb except for White, which in reality should've been a penalty for Kane. The problem is that Harry is such a douchebag that I have no problem with the Duds missing one.

- I still hate Xhaka and want him gone.

- WHAT A SAVE by Ramsdale! All the neutral fans are eating crows covered in humble sauce.

- Spurs were so damn bad, I don't understand what Santo was doing playing so many offensive players in a counterattacking system. Arsenal didn't play Spanishball today, they played Beastball and just overran their midfield. Spurs got away with so many because if Arsenal were more clinical the game would've finished 7-1 easily. And seriously Spurs only goal came from a play which should've been a dead-ball due to Xhaka's injury. That's the only way they were going to score today. Just dominated from start to end, but if I have one criticism it is that Arteta didn't change the subs early enough. I think by the 60-ish mark Arsenal was starting to run on fumes which allowed Spurs to get more of the ball and possession.

- As for the other matches, how Chelsea lost yesterday was how Tuchel got fired from PSG. They were absolutely hammered by City and the score could've easily been 4-0 by until the 70-ish mark where Tuchel told them to be more aggressive. That's where the tide turned and Chelsea took over the game. Seriously though and I write this hating Chelsea, but if they choose to play aggressive there is no team in Europe or the world who would be able to beat them. Statement game from City though, but I want to see Grealish go for goal more than he's done on the season. It just seems he's too busy trying to overlap all the time decreasing his talent.

- United was awful and never deserved that penalty. But I told you lot that they get calls that aren't deserved, especially from the worst ref in the world with Mike Dean. Just garbage ref, could be one of the worst refs in sports.

- There is no easy match in the EPL and Brentford prove that to KFC. I am sorry, but for how amazing their fullbacks are, they have to be some of the worst defensive players I've seen and I suggest that the report is out on how to beat the club. All you have to do is just go on the flanks and cross into the box. Liverpool will always score goals, but I don't really seem them being a lock on defence and VvD was very poor. Nothing Allison could've done.

- The golden poster boys on this board with Leicester are looking absolutely dreadful. For all the talk about how Rodgers should be the one "replacing" Artekkers, yet his entire gameplan rests solely on the backs of Fofana. Overrated rubbish.

- Soton looks like a serious contender for relegation. Since they've sold VvD, they haven't really spent a lot of money and the biggest cause if they go down will be their owners not properly investing back in. It was simply beautiful to see Jimenez get back on the scoresheet though.

- Seems that Leeds are this year's version of Brighton. Losing in some bad and unfortunate ways.

Reactions: maclean

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
- There is no easy match in the EPL and Brentford prove that to KFC. I am sorry, but for how amazing their fullbacks are, they have to be some of the worst defensive players I've seen and I suggest that the report is out on how to beat the club. All you have to do is just go on the flanks and cross into the box. Liverpool will always score goals, but I don't really seem them being a lock on defence and VvD was very poor. Nothing Allison could've done.

This is "all you have to do" but yet they haven't lost a game since March 7th. Last time they lost a game VVD played in was October last year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is "all you have to do" but yet they haven't lost a game since March 7th. Last time they lost a game VVD played in was October last year.
That's because majority of clubs cannot match your lots firepower. The entire tactical plan around Liverpool is have their offence get them out of any single problem and I can avatar bet that you lot aren't going to win the league nor anything relevant like (CL) with those tactics. Salah won't be scoring every single time, Jota is in cloud 9, Mane has been regressing, and Firmino isn't an actual plan anymore as a starter. Plus you lot were on the verge of signing Adama last window lol. Brentford would be angry for dropping points today, they played LFC off the pitch.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Funny how the only useful thing Lucas did in the game was some random shot from distance under pressure with his weaker foot.

The decision making from that guy is really something special. I'm just lost for words.

He is lucky though. With Kane and a "star" like Alli being completely useless there is no heat on the Brazilian - who will start again come the next league game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad