GWT: PL Matchweek 6

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I do feel that it’s quite funny that Gary Neville was talking shit about Ben White a few weeks back about how teams would “target” him. Bloke has a masterclass against Kane and Neville is talking about Kane not being intrested rather than being absolutely bullied.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Have you watched Kane this season? Titus Bramble would be "masterclass" against Kane these days.

I fear Arsenal might get a reality check against Brighton - having to play an actual football team again.

Reactions: luiginb

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Have you watched Kane this season? Titus Bramble would be "masterclass" against Kane these days.

I fear Arsenal might get a reality check against Brighton - having to play an actual football team again.

No doubt, we just won three league games in a row, we're due for a wake-up call :laugh:

Reactions: Havre

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'll state it again.
Imagine signing Nuno instead of Roberto De Zerbi or Laurent Blanc.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'll state it again.
Don’t think either of those guys would have taken that job. You aren’t wrong though. Problem is that’s a really bad job right now.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Sure - why come to London when you can go to Ukraine or stay in Qatar?

I don't think that Lucas interview is a player "turning" on the manager, but he is not wrong in his assessment.

In any case - look at Frank at Brentford. That might not last, but boy how refreshing his take on things are.

And if Spurs had gone all out on Potter my guess is that he would have joined. Or ten Hag.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
There were some Valverde rumours this summer. Obviously an improvement but still not great.

Edit: on second thought, absolutely not.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Sure - why come to London when you can go to Ukraine or stay in Qatar?

I don't think that Lucas interview is a player "turning" on the manager, but he is not wrong in his assessment.

In any case - look at Frank at Brentford. That might not last, but boy how refreshing his take on things are.

And if Spurs had gone all out on Potter my guess is that he would have joined. Or ten Hag.

I've wondered what the situation with him was. His name was always on the list of candidates but I never saw anything suggesting that they had actually met with him. Were they just not that interested? Or was he just not that interested?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't think Nuno is that bad of a manager. Is he great? no. Was there better out there? Maybe. But who was taking that job? It's not like there was a queue lining up for it.

They also bought 5 players (most of whom are expected to be key cogs), and sold a boat load. That type of turnover takes a lot of work to integrate. Probably more importantly, who they didn't sell is clearly dragging that club down. Kane wanted away, stomped his feet, and he's still there. That's a locker cancer that many managers are not ready or equipped to handle. Especially of his caliber and level of player. It's one thing if a mediocre player wants to go. You can bury him in the stands. Harry f'ing Kane is that club. If he's not happy, they're going to show it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lol yeah Potter is levels clear of Nuno...Nothing mediocre about the way he gets this Brighton team to play.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I'll state it again.
Roberto De Zerbi is good but too much of a positional play nerd. Better options out there.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I've wondered what the situation with him was. His name was always on the list of candidates but I never saw anything suggesting that they had actually met with him. Were they just not that interested? Or was he just not that interested?

I have no idea. For whatever reason Paratici seemed to rate Nuno from Spain and I guess they thought if he can get 7th with Wolves he couldn't do any worse with Spurs.

I'm sure things will get better, but Spurs needed another Pochettino. That is hard to find, but the probability Nuno is another Pochettino is 0.000001%. At least with Potter or someone like ten Hag you might strike gold - like they did with Pochettino.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad