Southampton x Wolverhampton
Arsenal x Tottenham

Monday 27 September

Crystal Palace x Brighton

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Why does the Prem do this to me?

NLD on Sunday and then the Palace - Brighton derby Monday!

I don't know if I'll be able to handle this.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
When has Palace and Brighton been a derby?
Since the 70's. Brighton and Palace went through the ranks of English football together and had some tense run-ins There was a game that was especially wild where a Brighton PK that would have tied the game was called for encroachment. The retake of the penalty was missed and Brighton ended up losing. That was one of the first standout moments of the rivalry.

For Brighton, there was not any geographical rival so Palace was actually the closest team to us for the longest time. Once the rivalry really took off Brighton changed their name from the Dolphins to Seagulls to have 'eagles' in their name. That didn't help things.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Since the 70's. Brighton and Palace went through the ranks of English football together and had some tense run-ins There was a game that was especially wild where a Brighton PK that would have tied the game was called for encroachment. The retake of the penalty was missed and Brighton ended up losing. That was one of the first standout moments of the rivalry.

For Brighton, there was not any geographical rival so Palace was actually the closest team to us for the longest time. Once the rivalry really took off Brighton changed their name from the Dolphins to Seagulls to have 'eagles' in their name. That didn't help things.
Interesting, didn't know that. I think too many derby's are based on location and I know there are some intense rivals of the lower-esque clubs like Birmingham/Aston Villa, Millwall/West Ham, and Newcastle/Sunderland, but it's nice to see a derby between clubs that grew to hate each other instead of just being across the street.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Pep just refuses to play a team with any sort of defensive balance against Chelsea, every time. Can’t stop overthinking.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
City have no runners in behind, just ball to feet players. Elite ball retention players are helpful but Sterling should have started to trouble the Chelsea defence with some runs.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
City starting well. Chelsea are just happy to hit them on the break only “chance” was basically a lucky one. City in total control at the moment but nothing to show for it. You would imagine chelsea get themselves back in the game.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This game is basically two teams who refuse to play anything except latch ditch defense.

I imagine as a neutral it would be pretty entertaining, but as a fan it’s pretty infuriating to watch.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This is the other Tuchel-ball. Boring as shit.

Chelsea are getting dominated, but City haven't really created anything.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I'm not sure why Chelsea are playing so deep against a false-9 basically letting Man City just control the game and isolating Werner/Lukaku.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Chelsea’s. defensive line has dropped awfully deep on a number of occasions and that classic City cutback is certainly on, and the likes of Foden, Jesus, Grealish, KDB and Bernardo will attack those spaces. Tuchel is being extremely pragmatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad