Rumor: PK Subban on Tradeblock

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Subban seems to just be a natural narcissist, unfortunate. Hopefully someone can sit him down and explain the situation.

Find an NHL player this doesn't describe. Really, give any kid millions and see if he doesn't become a bit self-congratulating.

An aside, the Sedins legend grew out of 750k donations (less than 10% of their salaries) to children's hospital. What a monumental ego Subban must have to donate ten million! So selfish.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Find an NHL player this doesn't describe. Really, give any kid millions and see if he doesn't become a bit self-congratulating.

An aside, the Sedins legend grew out of 750k donations (less than 10% of their salaries) to children's hospital. What a monumental ego Subban must have to donate ten million! So selfish.

Why are people still saying Subban gave 10 millions of his own money? I mean, what he's doing for the Montreal Children's Hospital is great but stop saying he's donating 10 millions of his own salary. It's not true. Subban is giving about the same amount of his own money as the Sedins.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
No they really can't. I know Toronto fans keep thinking they can get some of the best players in the league for their 2nd tier guys and picks but it hasn't happened nor will it.
It's more people undervalue many of the leafs players and what other GMs think of them. If Subban was avalible and I'm not even saying he is but if an overpayment offer of Nylander,Kapanen, Liljegren and a 1st was offered Nashville would take it. The Leafs wouldn't offer that but get real that it's not possible

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
So what's the overall ask now? Not in specifics, but what would Nashville be asking for?
There isn't an ask. The gm, the head coach, and the players have all expressed their desire to keep the team completely intact. Nashville is asking nothing for PK Subban. Nashville is not shopping him. Nashville is asking for the Montreal insanity please be left in Montreal though.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
There isn't an ask. The gm, the head coach, and the players have all expressed their desire to keep the team completely intact. Nashville is asking nothing for PK Subban. Nashville is not shopping him. Nashville is asking for the Montreal insanity please be left in Montreal though.

Well I'm Vancouver, so yeah, runaway east coast Canadian speculation being put to bed would be wondeful, agreed.

Reactions: myFialabot

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

People like you said the same about Weber. Nobody is un-tradable. None of us knows the inner workings of what is going on inside of Nashville and that includes you. It isn't completely unthinkable the possibility of Nashville exploring the idea of trading P.K.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
People like you said the same about Weber. Nobody is un-tradable. None of us knows the inner workings of what is going on inside of Nashville and that includes you. It isn't completely unthinkable the possibility of Nashville exploring the idea of trading P.K.

You're right. Let's toss out what the gm, head coach and the team all said. Please reread my post and have someone read it to you. Where do I claim anybody is untradable? And NSH never shopped Weber, MON approached NSH. But do go on.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's more people undervalue many of the leafs players and what other GMs think of them. If Subban was avalible and I'm not even saying he is but if an overpayment offer of Nylander,Kapanen, Liljegren and a 1st was offered Nashville would take it. The Leafs wouldn't offer that but get real that it's not possible
If you understand how David Poile loves his Dmen, then you would probably understand why he probably doesn't. I mean nothing is impossible but if he is trading a #1D Norris finalist, he is probably expecting a 1st line forward back.

LOUPREDSFAN

Oct 12, 2017
Louisville, KY

We weren’t shopping Weber, Montreal approached us. Plus Weber’s contract will hurt us farther down the road if we would have kept him. Subban was younger and on a shorter contract so it was a beneficial trade for us. Only way Subban gets traded is a overpayment

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
We weren’t shopping Weber, Montreal approached us. Plus Weber’s contract will hurt us farther down the road if we would have kept him. Subban was younger and on a shorter contract so it was a beneficial trade for us. Only way Subban gets traded is a overpayment
Bergevin said in a PC that he was approched, took the weekend to thinking about it and accepted the offer.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
It's a bit comical for you to think that Nashville would need to add a 2nd to balance things out when Nylander, 1st, Lijegren probably isn't enough to begin with.

start low? obviously, you have no idea about the principles of a deal

Surely wouldn't want you running my company

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
"Several sources."

The first source was Pagnotta who went on Nashville radio and walked those comments back and now Strickland.

And Friedman added some gas to it.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if Subban were traded again. Preds are deep on the back end and shallow up front

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
The leafs could get Subban without using Matthews and Marner. If the leafs actually want to pay the price is a different story but if Subban was avalible Toronto absolutely could get it done without those two

If I'm Nashville I don't give up Subban unless Marner plus are coming back. Nylander doesn't get it done

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

Hockey players are mostly solid guys. Subban is just more flamboyant than most - doesn't make him a bad dude

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
If Toronto is offering rielly, nylander, +

It's absolutely enough to get subban, especially if he is the long rumored locker room headache that keeps being whispered around and Poile is adamant he needs to move him.

Subban will absolutely have demand but if other GMs hear that's the baggage he has, his return value gets taken down a peg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad