Rumor: PK Subban on Tradeblock

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Yup, I'm sure Nashville would just love to get a center/left winger which we don't really have a need for right now and who has 1 year remaining on his contract, a downgrade on D who will also be UFA in two seasons and a late 1st rounder who may or may not become a full-time NHL'er.
You may see that but if Subban is on block it's because of locker room issues not his play. How many other clubs are going to offer more knowing Preds want him gone? You robbed Montreal but maybe now wasn't such a steal even though I'd still say Preds are ahead. This is just my opinion and who knows maybe he's not even on block and just the media making up stuff.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Lol, ironic you're calling the Montreal media dumb with a post like that. This didn't come out of Montreal.

It is most likely false though.

It's all coming from the Pagnotta interview from a few weeks ago though. People are just re-hashing it everywhere, because it's a good way to catch people's attention. But no Subban "info" have come out from any media other than the MTL media as far as I know.

Which is kind of ironic when you think about it. If Subban really is a problem in the Preds locker room, why would the MTL media know about it? Do they have sources in Nashville? What sources? If a player from Nashville is talking crap about Subban to the MTL media, I would say that player is a locker room cancer.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
Can someone direct me to what Nashville’s needs are?

Another shot at the playoffs where some of his otherwise talented teammates don’t completely disappear?

All the reports out of Nashville seem to indicate that at their exit meetings, players asked Poile not to make major changes and to give this group another shot. That doesn’t sound like a locker room that wants Subban moved.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Stop what? They would listen on anyone for Subban except Matthews and Marner
If Tavares was willing to sign in Toronto, i believe they would consider a Matthews for PK + trade. Why wouldn't they, those two are good friends and both locals.

The Leafs would be a better and more balanced team. Keep Marner and play him on Tavares' wing while Subban feeds them beauties from the back end.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Kessel + Dummolin straight up for Subban. Nashville gets a skilled forward and a steady D-man and Pittsburgh gets am actual Norris calibre d-man on their roster for the first time in 5 years.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
If Tavares was willing to sign in Toronto, i believe they would consider a Matthews for PK + trade. Why wouldn't they, those two are good friends and both locals.

The Leafs would be a better and more balanced team. Keep Marner and play him on Tavares' wing while Subban feeds them beauties from the back end.
So if the leafs get the 1-2 punch of Matthews and Tavares the leafs should trade Auston. That sounds like a great idea.....:facepalm:

LOUPREDSFAN

Oct 12, 2017
Louisville, KY
It's coming from several sources. Kinda widespread actually

Who are these sources then? Last time I checked the Peter Laviolette shut it down, players came to GMDP and told him they want to keep this team together, Darren and Willie from 102.5 who are with the team daily and are in the locker room have reported there are no issues with the locker room, and then to top it all off, his teammates Nominated him for the King Clancy Trophy instead of Pekka, Ellis, or Josi.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
"Several sources."

The first source was Pagnotta who went on Nashville radio and walked those comments back and now Strickland.

And from what we know, Strickland didn't say anything new, he was just speculating about the rumor that started with Pagnotta's comments.

Reactions: aless47172

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad