Rumor: PK Subban on Tradeblock

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
That would be my position too.

Add Drai's TOI to marner.
Marner gets 85 points. Skin off the period in the year where Marner was partnered with defensive liabilities causing him to score less and his PPG moves him to 90 to 100 Pts (annually adjusted)
Yeah...I would say he is better.
Will prove it next year when he is a top 10 pts producer in the league.
As i said earlier, i love Marner...i just think Drai holds more value "right now" due to being a center and playing a more physical game....but as you say, that may quickly change if playoffs Marner returns for the whole season.:thumbu:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Unlike many people here, I don’t feel the need to excessively debate things with complete strangers. I said I’m done, we’re done.
Alright, my apologies. Let me answer your earlier question without any jokes...no i wouldn't trade Marner. I don't want to be taking any homerun swings (trading Marner/Nylander), my stance, which some hate, is to try to land Tanev with a picks/prospect type offer. Yes, his injury history is a concern, but it also makes him more affordable. I would then run:

Rielly-Tanev
Gardiner-Hainsey (Hainsey can shelter Gards)
Dermott-zaitsev

Lil/Holl/Botg/Carrick.

This keeps our young core intact and shores up the D.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
Alright, my apologies. Let me answer your earlier question without any jokes...no i wouldn't trade Marner. I don't want to be taking any homerun swings (trading Marner/Nylander), my stance, which some hate, is to try to land Tanev with a picks/prospect type offer. Yes, his injury history is a concern, but it also makes him more affordable. I would then run:

Rielly-Tanev
Dermott-zaitsev

Lil/Holl/Botg/Carrick.

I would also go after Tanev, but for spare parts essentially.

Reactions: Liferleafer

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Subban isn't going anywhere unless it's a deal poile couldn't refuse. Has to be an overpayment in my opinion. And the locker room cancer is a false narrative. Players wouldn't be saying they want keep the same core together if they didn't like subban. Him and joey seem to have a pretty close teammate relationship. Behind close doors who knows. But I think the media has something against subban so they make stuff up. Teammates will argue it's part of being a competitor. I don't think Montreal players had anything against subban outside of a couple of players. And I think gm must of not liked him and shipped him out and made some locker room cancer as an reason. So he didn't look like a buffoon for trading a fan favorite.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
That would absolutely be a yes from Edmonton. Drai is not that special, especially with that contract.
Out produced anyone on the Leafs the last two years. Better hope disappearing Playoffs Matthews does not get over 8 if you are worried about contracts.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017

Marner gets 85 points. Skin off the period in the year where Marner was partnered with defensive liabilities causing him to score less and his PPG moves him to 90 to 100 Pts (annually adjusted)
No wonder everyone on this board cannot stand most Leaf fans. 1967. Cannot wait for the next annual year when the Leafs get bounced in the first again.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Subban isn't going anywhere unless it's a deal poile couldn't refuse. Has to be an overpayment in my opinion. And the locker room cancer is a false narrative. Players wouldn't be saying they want keep the same core together if they didn't like subban. Him and joey seem to have a pretty close teammate relationship. Behind close doors who knows. But I think the media has something against subban so they make stuff up. Teammates will argue it's part of being a competitor. I don't think Montreal players had anything against subban outside of a couple of players. And I think gm must of not liked him and shipped him out and made some locker room cancer as an reason. So he didn't look like a buffoon for trading a fan favorite.
Subban will never win a cup he is just not a winner.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Subban will never win a cup he is just not a winner.
Great players don't always win a championship. You can say that about Alot of players. Nashville predators window is wide open right now so you never know.
But I'm sure by your comment that even if subban wins a cup you'll say that it wasn't because of him.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

It doesn't scale linearly.

If you add all the empty nets drai had teammates miss for him, he would of been at 100 points, McDavid at 150 points if he never missed a breakaway

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Rielly-Tanev
Dermott-zaitsev

Lil/Holl/Botg/Carrick.

Hainsey couldn't even shelter someone in a rain storm, you expect him to do it in the NHL?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

Better, and more responsible players get more ice time with experienced coaches

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad