Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, was wonderin' if Sam would get dealt since LDN are unloading.
Didn't know the Hurricanes were unloading too...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm a little surprised London is unloading. I know the Soo is the powerhouse in the West, but London's still sitting with a pretty good record.

They have a better record than the team they unloaded two of those players to (Jones and Pu) in Kingston.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Think they have alotta guys graduating to the pros next season so they'd rather load up for future runs than going for it all this season.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Think they have alotta guys graduating to the pros next season so they'd rather load up for future runs than going for it all this season.

But that's typically the types of teams who do go for it all. In junior, when a team has a lot of talented final year guys, they go all in. Only time they don't is if they're a bad team with a handful of decent final year guys.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I assume D'Orio's St. Johns team is unloading too since they really suck.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
So I get to finally watch the Baby Pens on Saturday. Not quite sure what to expect :laugh: Going to take the Metro so at least I can drink if it is kak.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
I assume D'Orio's St. Johns team is unloading too since they really suck.

They didn't have much to trade aside from Joe Veleno (Euros are tricky to deal), who got traded a month ago. Trade deadline in the Q has passed now, and they only made a couple of minor moves beyond the Veleno deal. Unfortunately D'Orio wasn't one of them and is in for some hard times the rest of the way this season.

Reactions: Jacob

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
But that's typically the types of teams who do go for it all. In junior, when a team has a lot of talented final year guys, they go all in. Only time they don't is if they're a bad team with a handful of decent final year guys.

Depends what their prospect pool is like too, tho.
LDN likes to load up on one end or the other. No in-betweens.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I'm not so sure, he reminds me some of Bobby Sanguinetti when he played in the O. Great stats, but not sure if it translates. I question some of his decision making.
Maybe, but Sanguinetti wasn't nearly as good defensively. Sanguinetti was purely seen as an offensive defenseman in the OHL.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
So I get to finally watch the Baby Pens on Saturday. Not quite sure what to expect :laugh: Going to take the Metro so at least I can drink if it is kak.
I was considering going to watch them tomorrow but work got in the way. Too bad since that's the last time they play in Belleville this year and it's only about an hour drive.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Is Belleville still the rink with the international ice surface dimensions?

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Try watching non-stop curling and figure skating first, and any hockey, especially with a little nationalistic flair, will look good.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think it’ll be fun to watch teams full of non-NHL guys. The rosters are usually no surprise but this year they will be. No favorites for gold like most years either. You know there will be some guys that have a coming out party and get NHL deals if they have a big tournament.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Try watching non-stop curling and figure skating first, and any hockey, especially with a little nationalistic flair, will look good.

NHL hockey will still be on. It's not like it'll be early September and we're starved for anything with a stick and puck involved. Besides, the appeal of the Olympics for me was always seeing the very best in sport. Hockey won't be anything close to that...curling and figure skating will be.

I think it’ll be fun to watch teams full of non-NHL guys. The rosters are usually no surprise but this year they will be. No favorites for gold like most years either. You know there will be some guys that have a coming out party and get NHL deals if they have a big tournament.

Not trying to shit on your enjoyment of it, but it's basically a glorified Spengler Cup. Even the World Championships will have dramatically better rosters because they'll at least feature a fair amount of NHL post-season castoffs.

On second thought, I may watch a few Russia games just to expose myself to a few exotic KHLers.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’d watch the Spengler Cup if it was on tv here. Hell I watched the Champions League Cup today on NHL Network.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Is Belleville still the rink with the international ice surface dimensions?
I've only been there a couple of times (watched the Bulls once when Pens prospect Bathgate was on the team but he didn't play that game), I'm pretty sure it's just NHL dimensions.

I'll be going to a game there in March when they play Vancouver's farm team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad