Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Almari looked pretty good today playing in the Spengler Cup. That's a good tournament for a 19-year-old defenseman to play in, especially with Olympic jobs on the line. Encouraging.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Clayton Phillips played in the NCAA last night. 4 shots and EV in a 3-0 win.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Anybody know how good and how deep next years draft will be?

I know their is a lottery that can change things, but right now pens would have the 9th pick

What type of talent should be available in that 8-10 range?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Anybody know how good and how deep next years draft will be?

I know their is a lottery that can change things, but right now pens would have the 9th pick

What type of talent should be available in that 8-10 range?
things change fast from now till draft.... a good sight to follow is "my nhl draft.com" among others but they end up fairly close.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Honestly, it will suck to think this, but if the team is 100% not going to sign Horny or be able to, move him for something now and get a pick and a player that you can adjust to. Same with Cole.

That hurt to say, I love Patric Hornqvist on this team.
i'm in the "if your not winning the cup, the sooner you start the rebuild the better" camp. but i'm still going to hate every trade we make. these guys all seem like family

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
i'm in the "if your not winning the cup, the sooner you start the rebuild the better" camp. but i'm still going to hate every trade we make. these guys all seem like family
The thing with Horny is that, I think if they keep misplaying him, you're better off just moving him and getting someone that fits whatever system Sullivan is trying to do this year. Horny is being wasted on this team.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
The thing with Horny is that, I think if they keep misplaying him, you're better off just moving him and getting someone that fits whatever system Sullivan is trying to do this year. Horny is being wasted on this team.
ya, from what I've seen I not sure we even have a system...or maybe that is the system.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
ya, from what I've seen I not sure we even have a system...or maybe that is the system.

This year has been troubling more so with the usage of Hornqvist.

1. They don't like to put him with Crosby with extended periods of time, because of some reason.
2. Sid likes north-south players, Horny is a north-south player, but Sid doesn't seem to like him on his RW.
3. Hornqvist looked good with Sheahan and Sheary. Let's never try that again, right Sully?
4. They literally had him play LW, where the guy just looked lost as hell.
5. He's back with Sid, oh wait, no, he's now with Malkin, no wait a second, is he with Sheahan now?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If Horny goes we will fetch a 1st and an NHL ready prospect probably. More then what Kane will get, that's for sure. Of course HF will say a 3rd and a B prospect is fair value LOL!!!! did you see those Letang offers? yikes.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
This year has been troubling more so with the usage of Hornqvist.

1. They don't like to put him with Crosby with extended periods of time, because of some reason.
2. Sid likes north-south players, Horny is a north-south player, but Sid doesn't seem to like him on his RW.
3. Hornqvist looked good with Sheahan and Sheary. Let's never try that again, right Sully?
4. They literally had him play LW, where the guy just looked lost as hell.
5. He's back with Sid, oh wait, no, he's now with Malkin, no wait a second, is he with Sheahan now?
although he seem to be a good fit with sid, horny is a net front guy, that screens the goalie and tips a lot of shots..... but how many shots does sid have over the last few games? not many. if sid's not shooting sid doesn't need horny.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
although he seem to be a good fit with sid, horny is a net front guy, that screens the goalie and tips a lot of shots..... but how many shots does sid have over the last few games? not many. if sid's not shooting sid doesn't need horny.
The Sid and horny thing goes beyond this season. So it's some weird thing. Sid seems to not like "that type" of player on his line. It's dumb if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad