Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
I'm split what to think with Miletic. On one hand, he's 20 years old, so he should be doing well in the OHL. On the other hand, he also has 61 points in 38 games, which is well above "doing well in the OHL". He might just be another guy like Sgarbossa, who put up 102 points in 66 games in his last year in juniors as an overager, but that's still nice to get for free. We just have to wait and see, but I'm not holding my breath he'll become anything special. Bellerive? He 100% would have been taken in the 2nd or 3rd round or higher this year had he not been signed by the Penguins. He's a legit prospect.
I can’t wait to see him in WBS. That’s when we determine if he’s NHL bound.

Bellerive is looking like a steal.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Looks like Gustavsson is coming to Pittsburgh/WBS next season according to a Swedish newspaper.

Uppgifter: Ersätter JVM-stjärnan i Luleå

Basicly says that Luleas GM says that
-"they will bring him over next season . We are aware of that, and are acting accordingly".

Then it goes on and says that they either have or are close to sign another keeper, who of course says "no comment" since hes in the middle of the season with his current team.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Anybody know much about this years college free agents?

Pens really need some more young talent in the system.

It would be nice to add a player or two.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can’t wait to see him in WBS. That’s when we determine if he’s NHL bound.

Bellerive is looking like a steal.
I still get a kick out of the dude that said Bellerive isn't fast enough after seeing him play in the rookie tourney, lol.

Bellerive and Miletic both stood out in good ways and man they're building on that so that's awesome.

Reactions: Shaffer

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Gustavsson stopped 29/30, but lost in the shootout.
I know we have Jarry and Murray, but I want Gustavsson too, I wonder if we can carry 3 goalies all the time. It'd be the way of the future man, stick with me, 82 games in a season, split it 3 ways and it's still about 27 games each!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm split what to think with Miletic. On one hand, he's 20 years old, so he should be doing well in the OHL. On the other hand, he also has 61 points in 38 games, which is well above "doing well in the OHL". He might just be another guy like Sgarbossa, who put up 102 points in 66 games in his last year in juniors as an overager, but that's still nice to get for free. We just have to wait and see, but I'm not holding my breath he'll become anything special. Bellerive? He 100% would have been taken in the 2nd or 3rd round or higher this year had he not been signed by the Penguins. He's a legit prospect.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic by nature, but I never get excited over how a player is doing as an overager. I've just seen waaaaay too much of junior hockey and seen too many guys absolutely tear it up in their OA year, who went on to never even make the AHL consistently to get too excited.

An OA putting up huge point totals would be similar to a 20 year old finally getting straight A's in high school. Sure, it's a positive sign that he's learning. But it also took him until he's a full two years older than your average student, and had to re-take his senior subjects twice, before he could do it.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I know we have Jarry and Murray, but I want Gustavsson too, I wonder if we can carry 3 goalies all the time. It'd be the way of the future man, stick with me, 82 games in a season, split it 3 ways and it's still about 27 games each!

Ideal situation is Jarry establish himself enough to fetch a decent trade price and Murray/Gustavsson is the new tandem.

Reactions: cygnus47

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Too many good NHL goalies is never a problem. Not enough is.

Right now, we have one great goalie (imo) that you would like to see if he can stay healthy, consistently. Another very good looking goalie just at the beginning of his NHL career. And another that is just a prospect, that's all.

So, imo, it's not exactly a surplus position, at this point.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
IMO Murray's the guy, but thankfully we don't have to rush this one. Jarry will get a bit of a salary increase as an RFA, but he's not going to demand huge money. We can stay with Murray/Jarry for another 2 years and then make a move. Hopefully for a pretty big piece like a high 1st or something (like Schneider got).

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
"Strong defensive class" screams "Craig Adams" to me, but YMMV.

Actual dmen, not pseudo-bad dmen.

Besides, I am blessed by the gods in that my serious Pens fandom started post-Adams, and I have escaped all that trauma. So nothing screams "Craig Adams" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad