The disappearance of Dany Heatley

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Maybe this is an odd reason for a thread, but it occurred to me that I haven't seen a single public appearance by Heatley in the years since he's been retired. I guess he burned a lot of bridges with his various disputes with the teams he played for which means he's not getting invited to any alumni nights... That said, does anyone have a recent photo? I'm picturing him having gone full Keith Tkachuk at this point.

tabness

GUCCY (pray for GAZA)
Apr 4, 2014
was recently featured in GQ

1668391796758.png

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe this is an odd reason for a thread, but it occurred to me that I haven't seen a single public appearance by Heatley in the years since he's been retired. I guess he burned a lot of bridges with his various disputes with the teams he played for which means he's not getting invited to any alumni nights... That said, does anyone have a recent photo? I'm picturing him having gone full Keith Tkachuk at this point.

Its not necessarily about burning bridges. I mean, that just might be his personality. Some retired players would just rather be left alone.

I know weber just left the game recently, but I wouldn't be surprised if we barely ever see him again at nhl related events. That's just the way he is.

Paul kariya is another who seems like he's perfectly happy by keeping a clear distance from the game.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Its not necessarily about burning bridges. I mean, that just might be his personality. Some retired players would just rather be left alone.

I know weber just left the game recently, but I wouldn't be surprised if we barely ever see him again at nhl related events. That's just the way he is.

Paul kariya is another who seems like he's perfectly happy by keeping a clear distance from the game.
kariya wanted nothing to do with hockey for years after he retired, but ever since he was inducted into the HHOF he's slowly worked his way back into the game and is pretty involved with the ducks these days. he and scott niedermayer both played a key role in the hiring of verbeek as GM

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
I caught about 80% of the TSN Alfredsson special and found it odd Heatley was absent. Spezza and Neil were featured heavily, but the third member of the pizza line was not.

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006
What I always found weird was the spelling D-A-N-Y. Never seen that before or since.
Ditto. I thought hyphens max out at one per name or something like that. Also, maybe he was thinking of young kids who were just learning to read and needed help spelling, we might really be underappreciating Heatley in this respect if that is the case.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
There's a LOT of players that just disappear into retirement. Basically if they don't get jobs in hockey or go the broadcasting route or stay connected to a team through the community, you just don't hear about them.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I remember an old Instagram video of Healtey and Kovalchuk playing tennis together in the offseason a few years ago.

i really think the accident and his injuries set him on a fast decline mentally and physically

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I don't know if the accident has anything to do with it, but if it does, then I can totally see how he is probably just happy to be living somewhere privately (with a family by now?) and financially secure.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad