Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Rough game for Gustavsson today. 6 goals allowed on 32 shots as his team lost 6-0 to Ölund's team (he had an assist).

Their teams played b2b games and Luleå lost both games with a total score of 12-1. So the starting goalie also allowed six goals in previous game so maybe Brynäs was just that much better that it wasn't an issue with a goalie.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Olund and Brynas are on the NHL Network right now for some reason.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He's really only had the 1 bad relief appearance, and then the 1 bad start, but when you only have 10 appearances, that'll trash your stats.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Anyone with TSN - Clayton Phillips is playing for USA in the World Jr A Championships at the moment against Canada West for the Gold Medal.

3-1 Canada West late in the second.

Phillips has 2G in 4 games in the Tourny.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Drozg finished his WJC (D1B division) adventure by leading his team in scoring with 9 points in 5 games. They finished 3rd so i guess the will be there next year again in the same division.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
D’Orio stopped 55 of 58 shots in an OT win and earned 1st star. He’s seeing almost 10 more shots per game than he did last season. Gonna need a shrink by the end of the season.

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
I haven't been able to catch any WB Scranton games this year and was wondering what your thoughts are on J. Tinordi?
He's obviously had a tumultuous start to his career since being draft in the 1st round in 2010, but seems to be having a decent year when he hasn't been suspended/injured. Is there any NHL upside with him? Will his footspeed keep him out of the NHL?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I haven't been able to catch any WB Scranton games this year and was wondering what your thoughts are on J. Tinordi?
He's obviously had a tumultuous start to his career since being draft in the 1st round in 2010, but seems to be having a decent year when he hasn't been suspended/injured. Is there any NHL upside with him? Will his footspeed keep him out of the NHL?

Tough to say. I guess someone would have to give him another shot and see if he sinks or swims. He seems to be doing fine in Wilkes atm, tho. Maybe he gets his shot here at some point...

Reactions: BladeRunner66

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Tough to say. I guess someone would have to give him another shot and see if he sinks or swims. He seems to be doing fine in Wilkes atm, tho. Maybe he gets his shot here at some point...
How about some speed skating lessons? Wouldn't hurt and i'm sure his overprotective daddy would pay for them.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
There is a little buzz building that Clayton Phillips may join the Gophers early (losing half a season of eligibility). This is as the result of some big recruiting misses resulting in no good puck moving defenseman this year, and one freshman that didn't pan out as expected leaving school this week.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
To me he's a career AHLer. Nothing special about him, other than size. Pedan, Bengtsson and Corrado are ahead of him on the depth chart imo.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
There is a little buzz building that Clayton Phillips may join the Gophers early (losing half a season of eligibility). This is as the result of some big recruiting misses resulting in no good puck moving defenseman this year, and one freshman that didn't pan out as expected leaving school this week.

Interesting. I imagine that is pretty rare, especially for a school like Minnesota.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Heard a scout on NHLN radio and they asked about Tinordi. The scout said "there isn't one scout that I talked to that thought he WOULDN'T be a player when drafted. Then a few years later, the skating in the NHL got ramped up to the point, that it just left him behind as a player. So it really wasn't a bad pick, it's just that the league has changed so much, that he can't skate in it."

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pedan skates fairly well for a huge guy and has a cannon of a shot, dude can also rock people and isn't afraid to use his size like that. Not a bad fighter either. He's a guy you would like to play in the Engelland kind of way as the #6 if you don't dress Reaves for a few games to get more speed on the 4th line.

It's why I want to see him up, he's played in the NHL before, so it's not like he's got 0 experience.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So why did they pick Zachary Lauzon at #51? What is he good at?Is he physical??

They did this thing other teams do, they watched him, studied his projection and stuff, like they were scouting, I guess that would be a good word, yeah, they were scouting him and liked that he was more of a swiss army knife of a defenseman. Skating was fine, offense is respectable, defense is respectable, can be gritty, like if you took bits of Dumoulin, Letang, and Maatta and smushed it together, but not so intensely.

Reactions: Gallatin

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

His play in the rookie tourney looked promising vs guys 3 to 4/5 years older than him. Certainly not an offensive dynamo but he can skate and skatings half the battle nowadays + good awareness and first pass. He was pretty physical in that tourney. Not laying out people but smart physical play. My big takeaway was that his game is very mature for his age. He was one of the best D for PIT in that tourney no question. Hall sucked.

Lauzon seems to be having injury issues this year. He was out for a stretch. Played a couple and the Q vs Russia game and last i checked he was out again.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

He's a strong skating and puck moving DFD, someone like Harrington or Dumoulin. It remains to be seen on whether he'll actually end up a NHLer, but I don't mind the pick. It was rumored that he was going to be taken by Montreal a couple of picks after, so at least another team had him highly ranked.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
From write ups and Twitter ur seems Gustavsson was Swedens best player last night against USA. 2 goals against, cant find any box score tho

Reactions: td_ice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad