Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
GQ now has 5pts in 3 games, what's the book on that kid? Undrafted, did well in Wheeling, he's doing well in WBS too or are the stats misleading?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
GQ now has 5pts in 3 games, what's the book on that kid? Undrafted, did well in Wheeling, he's doing well in WBS too or are the stats misleading?

Haven't seen him that much other than the rookie prospect tourney. Looks like he's got some chemistry with Sprong.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Liked what I saw of him in the tourney. He and Zink are two guys I'm watching to see if they earn NHL deals.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Quinney and Sprong are quiet the duo. If Quinney keeps this up he might find himself in Pittsburgh a lot sooner than we thought. Still too soon to tell.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Updates on the season so far, going in the order of who I'm most excited about:

AHL:

Sprong: 7 goals and 10 points in 6 games
Bengtsson: 0 goals and 5 points in 6 games
ZAR: 0 points in 4 games
Johnson: 0 goals and 2 points in 5 games
Blueger: 1 goal and 3 points in 6 games
Simon: 1 goal and 5 points in 6 games
DiPauli: 2 goals and 3 points in 6 games
JS Dea: 2 goals and 4 points in 6 games
Prow: 0 points in 1 game
Tiffels: 0 points in 2 games
Taylor: has not played in a game yet
Josephs: has not played in a game yet
Jarry: 1-2 with a .883 save%
DeSmith: 3-0 with a .965 save%

A lot of the young guys with WBS are having good starts. I'm extremely encouraged by Bengtsson, Sprong and Simon here. I'm a little disappointed in ZAR and Johnson, but it's still their rookie seasons. I'm not too worried. Jarry is too small of a sample size for me to be worried about.

ECHL:

Maguire: 1-0 with a .915 save%

He's really the only prospect they have on Wheeling at this point, and it seems like he's their backup goalie.

OHL:

D'Orio: 2-6-1 wtih a .909 save%
Hall: 0 goals and 3 points in 13 games
Miletic: 2 goals and 3 points in 7 games

QMJHL:

Lauzon: 0 goals and 1 points in 3 games, he's been hurt for a lot of the year
Drozg: 3 goals and 9 points in 11 games

WHL:

Bellerive: 6 goals and 13 points in 10 games

Bellerive is having a very good start to the year and I'm happy with Drozg and D'Orio too. Miletic and Hall have been bad and Lauzon has been hurt a lot.

NCAA/USA juniors (just going in order of where they were drafted):

Lafferty and Angello: hasn't started playing games yet
Pavlychev: 1 goal and 1 point in 6 games
Bjorkqvist: 4 goals and 4 points in 5 games, has already surpassed last year's goal totals
Jones: 0 goals and 1 point in 2 games
Masonius: 0 points in 2 games
Reilly: 2 goals and 3 points in 4 games
Phillips: 1 goal and 3 points in essentially 2 games, he got kicked out of a game for spearing someone

Europe:

Palojarvi: 2 points in 12 games in the Liiga Junior-A league, -10 in those 12 games
Olund: 2 goals and 3 points in 10 games in the SHL
Gustavsson: .893 save% in the SHL
Almari: 1 goal and 4 points in 16 games in the Liiga

I feel like I wasted my time doing this, because a ton of the Penguins prospects are having bad starts to the year :laugh:

Sticky this to the first post like we do with the salary cap thread? Then just update once a week or so, would be interesting to check in on for those of us who dont really watch minor/junior/foreign league games

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Sticky this to the first post like we do with the salary cap thread? Then just update once a week or so, would be interesting to check in on for those of us who dont really watch minor/junior/foreign league games
From your post : QMJHL:
Drozg: 3 goals and 9 points in 11 games

His team is playing awfully bad this season, good prod. from the kid but i'd have hoped for a better learning environment.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
1+2 tonight for Drozg.

I found a couple highlights of his season so far on YT..

#37, right shot with white tape. Everyone looks good in highlights, but I love the way he crosses over through the neutral zone with the puck.

Reactions: deakka

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Friday night (Oct. 27)
-Hall was a -1, 4 PIM (no points again) in a 5-2 loss
-Miletic had 4 assists and third star in a 8-2 win
-Bellerive had 1 goal, 1 assist in a 5-4 win

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Drozg is now at a ppg pace. Not bad for a rookie playing his first season in NA.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Drozg is now at a ppg pace. Not bad for a rookie playing his first season in NA.
You beat me to it. When i switched off from here i turned the radio on and got told. Haha, i now think his team will improve as the season unfolds. After all the Ramparts which they beat, are a powerhouse.

The kid is Spronging!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad