Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Really exited about Jordy. It's not like he's an overager putting up good numbers. He's a legit good prospect.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Bellerive was amazing when I watched the prospect tourney. Excited about Sprong, Bengtsson, Bluegar, Bellerive, D’Orio, and Quinney. Sign Quinney please. Disappointed by Hall and ZAR.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Fair to say Ohlund is struggling it a little this year. Currently on 3 in 13 and on pace for fewer points than last year. He's only 20 but was hoping he'd have another similar season. One to watch anyway

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sprong hasn't been producing anything in his last 3 games, he went on a tear for 5 games with 10pts, then 0pts in his last 3 games, man he's streaky.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Almari gets one more chance to crack the WJC roster. Hes one of 7 defensemen picked for the exhibition games in november.

Gustavsson is also there for Sweden. But i think he is a lock to make the team. Lets hope he can grab the starter position.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Linus Ölund had a goal and an assist Tuesday on Champions Hockey League game. The goal was an empty netter but counts the same nonetheless. He's now up to four goals and three assists in six CHL games this season.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Bellerive was amazing when I watched the prospect tourney. Excited about Sprong, Bengtsson, Bluegar, Bellerive, D’Orio, and Quinney. Sign Quinney please. Disappointed by Hall and ZAR.

Not worried about ZAR, not yet. The story with him was that every time he climbs to a new level, he looks unremarkable for a while until he figures out the speed of the game. I'll give him at least a year before I'm concerned.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Connor Hall continues to show zero offensive development this season. He's up to 17 games played and has a whopping 3 assists (no goals). But he does have 51 PIMs, so at least he's good for taking a bunch of undisciplined penalties to make up for it. :thumbd:

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Sam Lafferty scored his 1st goal and 1st point of the season in his 4th game.

Anthony Angello added another assist and now has 3 points (all assists) in 4 games.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Connor Hall continues to show zero offensive development this season. He's up to 17 games played and has a whopping 3 assists (no goals). But he does have 51 PIMs, so at least he's good for taking a bunch of undisciplined penalties to make up for it. :thumbd:

I never want to say a prospect is a write off, but Hall seems as close to one as this team's drafted in the last 5yrs in his draft spot.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Clayton Phillips have put up 2+2 in 4 games since being traded. Keeping his ppg pace. Now up to 7 points in 7 games.

Its good for 3rd in the league among defensemen. He has played 4 games less than number 2 and hes only 1 point behind.

Its probably a long shot. But IF he were to keep a ppg pace it would be a huge accomplishment. Last season only 3 defensemen had a ppg. Two of them played under 3 games, so shouldnt really count, and the last one played 26. So it seems pretty rare.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Why are we even discussing points in regards to Hall?? That would be like saying Drogz has zero block shots in 5 games.

I'm not big on Hall, but if his skating improves, he will be a legit prospect. It's all about his skating. His passing seemed adequate at his stage in development.

Reactions: Jag68Sid87

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Why are we even discussing points in regards to Hall?? That would be like saying Drogz has zero block shots in 5 games.

I'm not big on Hall, but if his skating improves, he will be a legit prospect. It's all about his skating. His passing seemed adequate at his stage in development.

Because, as it has been pointed out several times already on here, defensemen who cannot score at lower levels almost never make the NHL. At this point in a player's development, scoring should occur simply due to their advanced overall hockey skills relative to the undrafted and lower skilled players they are playing against. Imagine believing that a player with a lower offensive acumen than Rob Scuderi can make the NHL? It just doesn't happen, period.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Brutal pick from the start.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because, as it has been pointed out several times already on here, defensemen who cannot score at lower levels almost never make the NHL. At this point in a player's development, scoring should occur simply due to their advanced overall hockey skills relative to the undrafted and lower skilled players they are playing against. Imagine believing that a player with a lower offensive acumen than Rob Scuderi can make the NHL? It just doesn't happen, period.

Exactly.

I don't know why people keep ignoring this. Defensemen who don't produce in junior almost never even become regulars at the NHL level, regardless of whether their upside is that of a stay at home defenseman.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
As I said on draft day, Hall won't amount to much more than a Reid McNeill. At least McNeill was picked in the 6th round. What a waste of a 3rd Hall is.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
As I said on draft day, Hall won't amount to much more than a Reid McNeill. At least McNeill was picked in the 6th round. What a waste of a 3rd Hall is.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of teams taking players with such limited puck skills that early. If they want to take a shot at someone like that in the 5th, 6th, or 7th round? Fine. But to waste a relatively high pick on a guy who'll be lucky to become Robert Bortuzzo, and only if he reaches his ceiling? Dumb.

Reactions: FreeBobbyFarnham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad