Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Sprong played Laval last nite, Habs farm team. Went to their board and they're drooling over Sprong haha. With the Galchenyuk rumours and all.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
He looks middle aged... do we demand he be traded now? Don't get advice on this from Phil, Sprong.

I'm going to be so pissed if he's traded. A shoot first player would be huge for this team when so many of them love over passing. He's fast, hungry, young and could play in the NHL now.

Yeah but a year and a half of Duuuuchene. :sarcasm:

I have my torch and pitchfork ready. I don't know what would be worse, the actual trade or the multi year board meltdown about the trade.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
While I'm throwing out controversial opinions: Bellerive is our 2nd best forward prospect.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
While I'm throwing out controversial opinions: Bellerive is our 2nd best forward prospect.

Don't think it is that controversial, after Sprong it could be one of a number of guys depending on the season they have.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Updates on the season so far, going in the order of who I'm most excited about:

AHL:

Sprong: 7 goals and 10 points in 6 games
Bengtsson: 0 goals and 5 points in 6 games
ZAR: 0 points in 4 games
Johnson: 0 goals and 2 points in 5 games
Blueger: 1 goal and 3 points in 6 games
Simon: 1 goal and 5 points in 6 games
DiPauli: 2 goals and 3 points in 6 games
JS Dea: 2 goals and 4 points in 6 games
Prow: 0 points in 1 game
Tiffels: 0 points in 2 games
Taylor: has not played in a game yet
Josephs: has not played in a game yet
Jarry: 1-2 with a .883 save%
DeSmith: 3-0 with a .965 save%

A lot of the young guys with WBS are having good starts. I'm extremely encouraged by Bengtsson, Sprong and Simon here. I'm a little disappointed in ZAR and Johnson, but it's still their rookie seasons. I'm not too worried. Jarry is too small of a sample size for me to be worried about.

ECHL:

Maguire: 1-0 with a .915 save%

He's really the only prospect they have on Wheeling at this point, and it seems like he's their backup goalie.

OHL:

D'Orio: 2-6-1 wtih a .909 save%
Hall: 0 goals and 3 points in 13 games
Miletic: 2 goals and 3 points in 7 games

QMJHL:

Lauzon: 0 goals and 1 points in 3 games, he's been hurt for a lot of the year
Drozg: 3 goals and 9 points in 11 games

WHL:

Bellerive: 6 goals and 13 points in 10 games

Bellerive is having a very good start to the year and I'm happy with Drozg and D'Orio too. Miletic and Hall have been bad and Lauzon has been hurt a lot.

NCAA/USA juniors (just going in order of where they were drafted):

Lafferty and Angello: hasn't started playing games yet
Pavlychev: 1 goal and 1 point in 6 games
Bjorkqvist: 4 goals and 4 points in 5 games, has already surpassed last year's goal totals
Jones: 0 goals and 1 point in 2 games
Masonius: 0 points in 2 games
Reilly: 2 goals and 3 points in 4 games
Phillips: 1 goal and 3 points in essentially 2 games, he got kicked out of a game for spearing someone

Europe:

Palojarvi: 2 points in 12 games in the Liiga Junior-A league, -10 in those 12 games
Olund: 2 goals and 3 points in 10 games in the SHL
Gustavsson: .893 save% in the SHL
Almari: 1 goal and 4 points in 16 games in the Liiga

I feel like I wasted my time doing this, because a ton of the Penguins prospects are having bad starts to the year :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
At least we can track how things get better :laugh:

Things are going well for a couple of guys. A couple guys in WBS are doing well, I'm super happy with all of Sprong, Begntsson and Simon from WBS. Bellerive is having a really nice start, D'Orio is having a good start considering how bad of a team he's on and Drozg is having a nice first season in NA. I'm also happy with Bjorkqvist, even though 3 of his 4 goals came in 1 game. Everyone else though? Eh....

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Things are going well for a couple of guys. A couple guys in WBS are doing well, I'm super happy with all of Sprong, Begntsson and Simon from WBS. Bellerive is having a really nice start, D'Orio is having a good start considering how bad of a team he's on and Drozg is having a nice first season in NA. I'm also happy with Bjorkqvist, even though 3 of his 4 goals came in 1 game. Everyone else though? Eh....

I'm happy with Almari's box cars and Olund went well in the Champions' League at least. Nothing wrong with Reilly's or Phillips' either insofar as I can see.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I can’t find info on Lauzon’s injury but he was named to the Canada/Russia superseries team so I surmise he can’t be out very long term.

Masonius missed some time due to injury also. Phillips didn’t play this passed weekend for Fargo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad