Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers - October 17, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
ezgif-4-7b7c752937.gif

This should definitely get consideration for the Trojan ENZ Boner of the Week award.

Reactions: bleedblue94 and Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
What was Henrik doing - it must be Staal, right, RIGHT? :)
It can`t be our Allstar Ryan Mc, lol.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Anyway we are married in bad and good days - now there are some rough days in Ranger Town as long we keep a couple of players we can get a winning streak going! :D

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Rangers are just not a good hockey team. Pens didn't even show up to play today and they managed to find a way to win. This team won't make the playoffs.

Management needs to decide whether they are serious about rebuilding.

At least we denied Crosby in 2014 - how much the Pens fans complained and moaned at that time - coach was fired among other things. ;)

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
At least we denied Crosby in 2014 - how much the Pens fans complained and moaned at that time - coach was fired among other things. ;)
We’re the last team to eliminate them......so there’s that we can at least hang our hats on:sarcasm:

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I still have my 2014 cup & t-shirt eastern champs :nod:
But Darryl S. out coached us - if you can`t beat them you need to hire him right to compete for next cup? :thumbu:

I`ve notion my table prediction is accurate unfortunately, but if we are lucky in the lottery and Lias & Chytil ready next year - we will be a great team! ;)

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah Ryan Mc. is merely a shadow of himself this season - he will be stronger in the next couple of games for sure.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
From 2013 to Present: Henrik Lundqvist has saved 54.27 goals above average. That is second best. Crawford No. 1 with 56.65.

Facts are fun.
Was that Hank's best game ever? Eh, probably not one he tells his grandkids about.

But on that tying goal? Can't really blame him. Goaltending is about seeing and reacting. If you get beat from behind, you never saw it and you can't react.

It's a fluke that stays out 99 times out of 100.

This is fundamentally false and any goalie with any legit training will tell u the same. The tying goal is 100 % on him. And if it were just bad luck it wouldn’t happen to him as often as it does.

Folks the team isn’t coming in not prepared to play. Our small old goaltender getting beat clean one or two times a game as soon as the puck drops is. Playing from behind every night it’s laughable.

Hank isn’t even an average nhl goaltender anymore.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
In theory Buch should get top 9 role next game if AV math is accurate - he scored on PP - let the kid PLAY, AV!!!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Am I crazy, or was AV clearly puking on the bench right before OT?
He was choking on his post game gum. Knew there would be tough questions to answer.

How were the Rangers able to snatch defeat from the hands of victory?
Why was Shatty even on the ice the last minute of play? Is he really one of our best defensive defenseman?

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Zucc has been slow by the way - his 4 pts. at Toronto was just a fluke. Another slow start as I expected. He had barely 1 assist last game - maybe he will start to produce next game, still very early in the season though. He is not playing well with little confidence in his own skills.

Reactions: Name Nameless

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
McDonagh + Rongo = McDongo?

We can all agree that Smith is playing even worse than McDongo and even Staal at this junction? He is unwatchable when he is on the ice.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
I have already stated in the game thread that it was inexcusable. Sorry to shatter whatever view you had of us Hank "fanboys".

Good for you. Usually we get comments like "that was a dynamite no look backhand snipe from behind the goal line that no goalie would have stopped"

Reactions: THE JAM and romba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad