OT: Out of town scoreboard

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
unironically goalied
Bob absolutely made them his son, and Igor Sheisty is doin the same

I disagree. The Canes had maybe two dangerous scoring chances on Shesterkin tonight, and scored on both of them. They just put a lot of low danger garbage on net.

The big issue I see for the Canes is that -- as a team -- they don't operate well in tight spaces and just get forced to eat shit on the perimeter.

Reactions: MaWa

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I disagree. The Canes had maybe two dangerous scoring chances on Shesterkin tonight, and scored on both of them. They just put a lot of low danger garbage on net.

The big issue I see for the Canes is that -- as a team -- they don't operate well in tight spaces and just get forced to eat shit on the perimeter.
didnt watch tn but the first two they had some great chances stolen by shesty

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Carolina owner is cheap and thinks he's thinking outside the box. Swinging for guys like Kuznetzov and De Angelo (twice), not paying Trocheck which turned out to be a dirt cheap contract and then not having a 2C since. Acquiring Burns and Orlov. Offer sheeting Kotkaniemi who never has become anything but a third liner. Endless dumpster diving and throwing random shit on the wall in the hopes that one year it all clicks at the same time. Plus they've always been soft.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Can somebody explain what's wrong with Canes? They have a lot of depth, they have distinct playing system, but 0-7 against Panthers and Rangers? And it's not like they are outmatched, there were very close games, some of which they should've won, but anytime they eventually fall short. What is it, just extremely bad luck or something doesn't working there?
Getting wrecked on special teams

Reactions: I am not exposed

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Another problem for Carolina: Rod the Bod gets 100% out of that group in the regular season. Not only do they simply lack an extra playoff gear, those guys are all banged up and exhausted going into the postseason. They just run out of gas.

Reactions: MaWa

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Carolina owner is cheap and thinks he's thinking outside the box. Swinging for guys like Kuznetzov and De Angelo (twice), not paying Trocheck which turned out to be a dirt cheap contract and then not having a 2C since. Acquiring Burns and Orlov. Offer sheeting Kotkaniemi who never has become anything but a third liner. Endless dumpster diving and throwing random shit on the wall in the hopes that one year it all clicks at the same time. Plus they've always been soft.

I think that's it. they seem to be at least one bonafide top 6 guy away. one can imagine them creating or finishing that big OT chance with another real player. add trocheck to the current mix and maybe you'd have something.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I remember a lot of you showing fear in Carolina this year.

As I said at the time, the Hurricanes are paper tigers. Always have been. Their core doesn't have it, they're almost as bad as the Leafs over the years, they're just lucky they play in the Metro and not the Atlantic. It's allowed them to get further than they probably should in the playoffs.

Another failed year and another sweep. They f***ing suck.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I remember a lot of you showing fear in Carolina this year.

As I said at the time, the Hurricanes are paper tigers. Always have been. Their core doesn't have it, they're almost as bad as the Leafs over the years, they're just lucky they play in the Metro and not the Atlantic. It's allowed them to get further than they probably should in the playoffs.

Another failed year and another sweep. They f***ing suck.
I admit i was one of them, but for me it was easy to say cause they kept it very close in our series, but they were down svechnikov, they not only got him back but added Guentzel too. So now they finally had two top 6 guys back plus with their good defensive style and forecheck they are a legit threat.

Wanted to face the rangers anyway but didn't expect this series to be a sweep, but then again the islanders series they got out of was super close instead of a blowout

Reactions: RogerRoger

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
That's true every year you are good enough to advance. I think we can give anyone a run for their money.
To be fair : Caps Just got lucky to get in and didnt deserve to be in
Canes usially win a round but that's it.. Their offense is brutal

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I thought New York was the frauds of the playoffs. They had 0 5 on 5 scoring but looks like they figured it out right in time. Their special teams are deadly. That being said they’ve played teams who can’t score for shit.

Reactions: Boothinator

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I thought New York was the frauds of the playoffs. They had 0 5 on 5 scoring but looks like they figured it out right in time. Their special teams are deadly. That being said they’ve played teams who can’t score for shit.
They are still not winning the 5v5 battle versus Carolina. I think both us or Boston will give them a run for their money, plus the Rags fans are already becoming more obnoxious than ever, they haven't even been punched in the mouth for real yet, oh and we were 2-0-1 against them this year.

But we can't look past Boston.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
They are still not winning the 5v5 battle versus Carolina. I think both us or Boston will give them a run for their money, plus the Rags fans are already becoming more obnoxious than ever, they haven't even been punched in the mouth for real yet, oh and we were 2-0-1 against them this year.

But we can't look past Boston.
not to mention our only loss to them was in the shootout and we were missing our top D and barkov

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Carolina are the better team 5 on 5 by quite some distance. They are just ****ing the bed on special teams, and getting outgoalied. Honestly this series could be 3-0 Hurricanes with how close the games are.
Nah, I disagree. Dominating possession only means so much. As do fairly low danger shots.

Carolina has been missing a game breaker for years and still does. They do not have "that guy" and will continue to sputter out until one of their guys find that next gear.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad