Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers - October 17, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I really get the impression that AV just doesn't give a crap anymore....

I literally just made a joke post about this in the AV thread.Sort of built off a reddit joke I saw earlier today.

Alain walks into a fortunetellers booth and asks "When will I be fired?"

The fortuneteller says "It will be a holiday."

Alain momentarily chokes half to death on Dentyne Ice. He ends up being saved by the fact that he's such a clutz that he slipped on the tablecloth and landed sternum first on a chair.

He collects himself, smoothes out what’s left of his doofy hairline and asks “Where’s the bathroom?”

Confused, the fortuneteller asks “Don’t you want to know how I know you’ll be fired on a holiday?”

Without much thought, a real stretch for Vigneault, I know, he replies “Nah, I don’t really give a ****, plus I accidentally pissed myself.”

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
Have we heard from Shattenkirk after tonight’s game? Really interested about what he has to say on that last play. His thought process. Did he know it was going to be a hand pass?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean from the long period of time he played well before your predictions were more meme worthy than his decline in play.

Long period of time Girardi played well...

no-results.gif

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
If only Nash could finish that play from Zucc earlier, but no K. Letang had his stick on the puck and probably saved the open net goal. Pens was lucky tonight consider all the penalties too.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
God. Damnit. :laugh:

Well at least they scored some goals.

It was an exciting game even though I was cooking mostly of the 3rd period, but just frustrating that we have no puck luck so far.

To get a solid win next game we need to remove bad reads and poor decision making with the puck - and focus to limit the amount of turnovers - almost over 100 turnovers in 7 games total and hard to win hockey games that way.

Reactions: haveandare

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It was an exciting game even though I was cooking mostly of the 3rd period, but just frustrating that we have no puck luck so far.

To get a solid win next game we need to remove bad reads and poor decision making with the puck - and focus to limit the amount of turnovers - almost over 100 turnovers in 7 games total and hard to win hockey games that way.
Under normal circumstances I would not be unsatisfied with this game. But these ain't normal times...

Reactions: Ori

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
The lack of preparedness is completely on him. I don't care who you are, this is like the 5th game out or 7 that we've given up a goal in the first minute

Yea, the players themselves are 100% absolved of getting themselves up for games and cutting down on the ~30 turnovers they make per game. Apparently they had 23 tonight? Like..seriously? I don't like AV as much as the next person on here, but come on. This isn't solely on the coach. It's silly to think that the 19-20 guys on the team just manage to show up and are sitting around waiting for AV to say "It's ok, you can go play with your friends" before a game. Just like everything else in life, the truth/reason lies in the middle. This is a group failure from top to bottom with this team. No one is coming to play outside of 2-4 players every night. AV's system doesn't give this team the best chance to win. Continuing to royally f*** up ice time. Hank has to be better. This team is a V8 engine firing 1 cylinder.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
So who is our best candidate for the next All star team call up?

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Yea, the players themselves are 100% absolved of getting themselves up for games and cutting down on the ~30 turnovers they make per game. Apparently they had 23 tonight? Like..seriously? I don't like AV as much as the next person on here, but come on. This isn't solely on the coach. It's silly to think that the 19-20 guys on the team just manage to show up and are sitting around waiting for AV to say "It's ok, you can go play with your friends" before a game. Just like everything else in life, the truth/reason lies in the middle. This is a group failure from top to bottom with this team. No one is coming to play outside of 2-4 players every night. AV's system doesn't give this team the best chance to win. Continuing to royally **** up ice time. Hank has to be better. This team is a V8 engine firing 1 cylinder.
You can't fire all the players. You can fire the coach. AV wore thin like 3 years ago. A change is long overdue.

I can't believe the ice-time for Buch in a night he scores. That's just despicable.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Yea, the players themselves are 100% absolved of getting themselves up for games and cutting down on the ~30 turnovers they make per game. Apparently they had 23 tonight? Like..seriously? I don't like AV as much as the next person on here, but come on. This isn't solely on the coach. It's silly to think that the 19-20 guys on the team just manage to show up and are sitting around waiting for AV to say "It's ok, you can go play with your friends" before a game. Just like everything else in life, the truth/reason lies in the middle. This is a group failure from top to bottom with this team. No one is coming to play outside of 2-4 players every night. AV's system doesn't give this team the best chance to win. Continuing to royally **** up ice time. Hank has to be better. This team is a V8 engine firing 1 cylinder.

That's just it though.... When 20 players are showing up unprepared, is it on all 20 players? Or is it on one coach?

The latter sounds more plausible

Reactions: haveandare

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Quite possibly the worst game of the captains career. Didn't see the entire game live as I got back from work middle of 2nd period but just finished watching the entire game as I DVR'd it, I'm serious when I say this but I don't recall Mac ever having as terrible of a game as he had tonight.

It was embarrassing how bad he played. He's not the entire reason we lost a very very winnable game but he is a huge reason why we didn't get the two points.

I'm at a loss for words here. I really thought this team had the goods to make a serious run for the division and would most certainly make a long run once we got into the playoffs. Evidently the team has a different thought process than I did. Sure we made it a game and we probably should have won but as is the pattern this year, we simply can't close the deal or can we stop teams from scoring on us in clutch moments.

I had said a bunch of times that I thought if Rangers didn't beat the Devils and Islanders, AV was gone no matter what happened in the Penguin game. I'm still convinced of that as nothing changed tonight. If we don't beat the Islanders, I'm 75% certain that Ruff will be our new HC when we play Nashville on Saturday night.

I'm sorry but I've seen this shit before. This team is not playing like a team that wants to save it's coach from being canned. If it did, we would have won tonight. I'm betting AV is on notice. Either beat the Islanders or AV is gone is my prediction.

We are 1-4 at home already. We go to 1-5 if we lose to Isles and 1-7 on the year, I just don't see how AV survives that....I just don't. I'm one of the most optimistic guys in here but this for some damn reason this team thus far is playing the type of hockey that gets coaches fired. AVE is no exception.

For AV's sake, our boys better win otherwise JG is going to have no choice but to say sayanora to AV and Ruff takes over...it's almost written in stone! We'll see how it plays out but I'm thinking AV should start calling some real estate agents to see about selling his crib....argggg!!!

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
What the hell was Shattenkirk thinking playing that puck?

I'm just happy Buch is getting points consistently now.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Look, I kind of object that this was a team that played well but lost due to bad bounces.

Yes we played good hockey and yes we deserved to win. But facts are that we weren’t up 2-0 or 3-1 or 4-1 at the end, it was 4-3. Why were we only up 4-3 despite being better? Yes because a depth line I s a mess and Fast played his first game resulting in the blown transition play in the first minute and a goal against. It’s so typical that an away team up 1-0 then can score that 2-0 goal on a rush. Hank is old and showing his age and should have had both first goals. We don’t have a RH defensemen on the PK.

For years many have been complaining on AV for rather being safe than sorry, there has supposedly been zero logic behind many decisions etc etc etc. However, this is a game you win if you have a depth line that can play a safe shift or a RH PKing D and so forth. If you expose yourself during the regular season, odds are that you will face adversity. We are.

The loss was a real kick in the groin. Was so happy after seeing Chytil and Pionk have amazing games for HFD and Lias having a great game for Frolunda, then we where looking to get a W late. It sucks. But there are no shortcuts. Certain posters only see shortcuts, it’s so easy, check some analytics site, if we only dump this or that guy the cup is ours, Shatty is a dominant No 1 D that would make us great over night, look at CF%, etc etc etc.

Reality is always more complex...

Reactions: Revel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: